Singapore Expats

Need advice from FTWMs please!

Juggling family and work is never easy. Discuss about it here.
BalhamtoSingapore

Need advice from FTWMs please!

Post by BalhamtoSingapore » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:14 pm

Hi All,

I would love your advice / to hear your experiences.

We may be moving from London to Singapore in August.

My main concern is that my kids are happy and well cared for. I have 2 girls, they will turn 1 and 3 in August.

I would love any on advice childcare / nursery / school recommendations.

I would ideally like both of the kids to go to the same nursery. Are there any that cover both ages? Do any nurseries offer all day child care?

How do people find experienced maids that are great with kids? I ideally want the kids to spend most of their time in a nursery but then would need help for drop offs and picks ups / holiday / sick days etc. Ideally I would like to find a recommended maid from someone in a similar situation that is moving on from Singapore. I am sure they are hard to find!

There are just so many things to think about and my husband and I know very little about Singapore.

My husband and I would also be working quite far apart (nearest stations EW28 and NS18) so we would ideally live near one of these lines, but the priority will be to minimise commute times and be close to a good nursery. Any recommendation on areas would be great. We would ideally want a nice family area with good nurseries and transport links.

Any advice would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks

Lisa

RebeccaIRL87

Re: Need advice from FTWMs please!

Post by RebeccaIRL87 » Sun, 31 Jul 2016 7:26 pm

Hi Lisa, I am moving to Singapore in September from Ireland and have the same concerns as you were have 15 month old boy and I ideally want him settled in a creche /nursery by January before I start work.

Sorry for jumping on your post but please let me know how you find things ... Oh and best of luck:)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk