Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone PR is Approved this month (April 2016)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple

Re: Anyone PR is Approved this month (April 2016)

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Apr 2016 9:31 am

the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Possibly if it is perseverance.. If they tell you it ain't gonna happen but you are welcome to stay as long as your EP is renewed, then I don't call that perseverance. The S word comes to mind.

I think yolo123 will still have her chance. All she needs is to pop a baby out, and then re-apply. I think with all the mixed marriages going on among SCs and foreigners (especially those from certain countries) ICA is just trying to be extra sure. There have been too many cases in the long distant past, where some women took advantage of vulnerable men (old, desperate or special needs) for sham marriages to win their residence in Singapore, and wipe off their CPF in the process. yolo123 seems like a legit one so it is a matter of time (or baby).

Possible, but I have to wonder because it seems like VN girls are having problems across the board be they Viet or Chinese VNmese. My accounts clerk is also VN. Got married 5 years ago (no children). Husband is a PR lecturer and also VN, but she's been rejected for PR. I could understand if she was marrying or married a SC but after 5 years of Marriage to her own race (Chinese VN as is her husband). In my employee's case, she was on an S pass before and when the LTVP+ for PR spouses started we converted her in the first batch to the LoC in Jan 2015.

Good luck to yolo123 as she may need a fair helping of it.

wishingyouahappyday

Postby wishingyouahappyday » Wed, 20 Apr 2016 2:12 pm

yolo123 wrote:
wishingyouahappyday wrote:Hi,

I have just received my Rejection Letter this morning from ICA after 5 months waiting.
Just sharing:
1- S Pass/ SGD 46k per a.n
2- Applied @ Nov 2015/ 3rd application
3- Vietnamese Chinese/Single
4- Singapore since 2008
5: Education: Advanced Dip from Raffles Education, Degree from SIM Uni and 6 months short course from Harvard, US.

"

hehe we have the same path.

I stay in Singapore since 2007. My 4th application rejected last year. EP/ 92k per a.n / Vietnamese / married with Singaporean/ no kid/ Education: Degree from Vietnam and Master from Australia / we bought condo since 2014 (right away after our ROM).
so 4th application (apply under my husband's sponsor - his salary is same as mine) still rejected after married for 1 year plus and own house here. Letter stated: i can stay here as long as my pass valid :D.
Anw apply pr here is free, so just apply every year until they give it to you. But if you plan to wait for PR before married/buying house then better think again coz it still a long long wait for you.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your information.
If I understand correctly, you mentioned that you married in 2014, your 4th application was in 2015 and you are holding an EP pass, I'm curious that with an EP pass you still need your husband's sponsor? Can't you apply on your own and just providing your husband's documents as supporting documents only?
Can I know if you got your EP before or after marriage? IF before, did you need to inform MOM to get marriage while holding your EP? Don't you need to convert your pass to LTVP/LTVP+ after marriage and continue your employment with a LOC? *I thought it's a must- do - so by Singapore gov.*

And if I'm not wrong, your first 3 applications was applied when you are single, and your 4th application applied when you just got marriage for 1 year+? Hmm..I think I know why I got rejected from ICA since we were similar but looks like your case is much more potential than mine. 8-[ 8-[
Wish you all the best and yes, just keep trying but not every year, every 2 years or just wait till you have pregnant then is better I think :D

yolo123

Postby yolo123 » Wed, 20 Apr 2016 4:04 pm

wishingyouahappyday wrote:
yolo123 wrote:
wishingyouahappyday wrote:Hi,

I have just received my Rejection Letter this morning from ICA after 5 months waiting.
Just sharing:
1- S Pass/ SGD 46k per a.n
2- Applied @ Nov 2015/ 3rd application
3- Vietnamese Chinese/Single
4- Singapore since 2008
5: Education: Advanced Dip from Raffles Education, Degree from SIM Uni and 6 months short course from Harvard, US.

"

I stay in Singapore since 2007. My 4th application rejected last year. EP/ 92k per a.n / Vietnamese / married with Singaporean/ no kid/ Education: Degree from Vietnam and Master from Australia / we bought condo since 2014 (right away after our ROM).
so 4th application (apply under my husband's sponsor - his salary is same as mine) still rejected after married for 1 year plus and own house here. Letter stated: i can stay here as long as my pass valid :D.
Anw apply pr here is free, so just apply every year until they give it to you. But if you plan to wait for PR before married/buying house then better think again coz it still a long long wait for you.

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you mentioned that you married in 2014, your 4th application was in 2015 and you are holding an EP pass, I'm curious that with an EP pass you still need your husband's sponsor? Can't you apply on your own and just providing your husband's documents as supporting documents only? I thought about this before but a lot of people advise to apply under husband's sponsor since we alr married.
Can I know if you got your EP before or after marriage? IF before, did you need to inform MOM to get marriage while holding your EP? Don't you need to convert your pass to LTVP/LTVP+ after marriage and continue your employment with a LOC? *I thought it's a must- do - so by Singapore gov.* I hold EP before married. just need to update HR about marital status when they renew your pass. No need to convert to LTVP if your company still can sponsor you for EP/Spass. I still prefer hold EP so it will be easier for me when I need to apply tourist visa to other country.

And if I'm not wrong, your first 3 applications was applied when you are single, and your 4th application applied when you just got marriage for 1 year+? Hmm..I think I know why I got rejected from ICA since we were similar but looks like your case is much more potential than mine. 8-[ 8-[ yes. correct, last 3 applications I applied when I was single.
Wish you all the best and yes, just keep trying but not every year, every 2 years or just wait till you have pregnant then is better I think :D
not plan to have baby so just waiting patiently until they give

Another advice for you regarding housing option in Singapore. In case you guys married and want to buy house before you have PR, there is not much option for you (unless you guys have child). If want to buy resale HDB, noted that bank loan only based on your husband income to calculate TDSR (coz u dont have PR). This will limit your bank loan and limit you to get bigger flat.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 20 Apr 2016 4:28 pm

yolo123 wrote:Another advice for you regarding housing option in Singapore. In case you guys married and want to buy house before you have PR, there is not much option for you (unless you guys have child). If want to buy resale HDB, noted that bank loan only based on your husband income to calculate TDSR (coz u dont have PR). This will limit your bank loan and limit you to get bigger flat.

Both husband and wife needs to be a PR for minimum 3 years before they can even eligible to buy a resale HDB. No PR-foreigner couple are allowed to own HDB.

In case of Singaporean-foreigner couple, different rules apply.

Gseddy

Postby Gseddy » Wed, 20 Apr 2016 4:47 pm

k3l337744 wrote:1- E Pass/ SGD 30k per annual
2- Applied @ 24 July 2015
3- Malaysian/ Chinese / Single
4- Singapore since 2010 / 1st time application
5- Tax Paid 4 times
6- Status @ ienqury = Approved while check on 18 April 2016

Just waiting for the letter to come earlier.... :D :D
And good luck to those pending.

Congrats!!

wishingyouahappyday

Postby wishingyouahappyday » Wed, 20 Apr 2016 6:08 pm

yolo123 wrote:
yolo123 wrote:

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you mentioned that you married in 2014, your 4th application was in 2015 and you are holding an EP pass, I'm curious that with an EP pass you still need your husband's sponsor? Can't you apply on your own and just providing your husband's documents as supporting documents only? I thought about this before but a lot of people advise to apply under husband's sponsor since we alr married.
Can I know if you got your EP before or after marriage? IF before, did you need to inform MOM to get marriage while holding your EP? Don't you need to convert your pass to LTVP/LTVP+ after marriage and continue your employment with a LOC? *I thought it's a must- do - so by Singapore gov.* I hold EP before married. just need to update HR about marital status when they renew your pass. No need to convert to LTVP if your company still can sponsor you for EP/Spass. I still prefer hold EP so it will be easier for me when I need to apply tourist visa to other country.

And if I'm not wrong, your first 3 applications was applied when you are single, and your 4th application applied when you just got marriage for 1 year+? Hmm..I think I know why I got rejected from ICA since we were similar but looks like your case is much more potential than mine. 8-[ 8-[ yes. correct, last 3 applications I applied when I was single.
not plan to have baby so just waiting patiently until they give

Another advice for you regarding housing option in Singapore. In case you guys married and want to buy house before you have PR, there is not much option for you (unless you guys have child). If want to buy resale HDB, noted that bank loan only based on your husband income to calculate TDSR (coz u dont have PR). This will limit your bank loan and limit you to get bigger flat.

I got it, thank you! Maybe I will just update my pass from Spass to EP with a better income first. Like u said, holding your own pass (Spass/ EP) is much more independent and convenient for us compare to LTVP. And yes, noted about the HDB's loan as well, but if buying a condo with your name there then you need to pay 13% stamp duty instead of 3% like singaporeans or Prs, dont you? Because we r foreigners after all, one of the property agents told me so.

Gotlucky

Postby Gotlucky » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 9:40 am

Azshec wrote:Hi mine got approved on 8th April

Filipino
Married to singaporean
1 singaporean child
2k monthly gross
Applied on October

Hello!! May I know how long have you been staying in Singapore before applying your PR?

I have another question. Anyone know what is the cost for foreigner to give born in Singapore (roughly)?? I am foreigner and my husband is Singaporean. Because my husband friend paid around $9k plus for the whole process (both Singaporean). So I was wondering for my case will there be a huge difference in the cost if I am not PR.

yolo123

Postby yolo123 » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 2:59 pm

yolo123 wrote:

I got it, thank you! Maybe I will just update my pass from Spass to EP with a better income first. Like u said, holding your own pass (Spass/ EP) is much more independent and convenient for us compare to LTVP. And yes, noted about the HDB's loan as well, but if buying a condo with your name there then you need to pay 13% stamp duty instead of 3% like singaporeans or Prs, dont you? Because we r foreigners after all, one of the property agents told me so.

If your spouse is singaporean, you no need to pay additional stamp duty. Some property agent is not so clear about this rule.
Regarding PR, think upgrade to EP also not useful. From my 1st application to 3rd application, i changed from Spass to EP, income also triple (compare to 1st applicaiton) but they still reject.

wishingyouahappyday

Postby wishingyouahappyday » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 5:48 pm

yolo123 wrote:
yolo123 wrote:

If your spouse is singaporean, you no need to pay additional stamp duty. Some property agent is not so clear about this rule.
Regarding PR, think upgrade to EP also not useful. From my 1st application to 3rd application, i changed from Spass to EP, income also triple (compare to 1st applicaiton) but they still reject.

Like you said, I think we just patiently wait till the day they give us a Pr, no point to rush. If I don't have to pay an additional stamp duty to buy a condo with my gig-to-be spouse then I think it should be fine for me without a Pr. Just to confirm that your house now have both names (u n ur spouse)? Or just your spouse? Thks

yolo123

Postby yolo123 » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 6:03 pm

yolo123 wrote:

Like you said, I think we just patiently wait till the day they give us a Pr, no point to rush. If I don't have to pay an additional stamp duty to buy a condo with my gig-to-be spouse then I think it should be fine for me without a Pr. Just to confirm that your house now have both names (u n ur spouse)? Or just your spouse? Thks

your house can put both name. you will be co-owner. if you guys buy resale HDB and you don't have PR, you will be occupier (not co-owner). Btw, you need to have ROM cert date before your Sales & Purchase date ( ROM date after OTP "option to purchase" is ok)

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Postby BBCWatcher » Fri, 22 Apr 2016 8:09 am

Gotlucky wrote:Anyone know what is the cost for foreigner to give born in Singapore (roughly)?? ....So I was wondering for my case will there be a huge difference in the cost if I am not PR.

There's a price difference at public hospitals (e.g. KK, Singapore General), but it isn't a big difference. The major differences are that Singaporeans and PRs get some help from Singapore tax free Medisave, and they have some benefits from MediShield Life. There are bigger variations depending on what services you choose. For example, you can pay a small (or even large) fortune for a hotel suite-like private room at a private hospital. Neonatal intensive care can get extremely expensive for anybody as another example.

If you're concerned about medical costs then here are the basics:

0. Have a job with great medical insurance (probably too late for that!);
1. Choose a public hospital;
2. Choose a more affordable shared room (KK's "Class B2+" is a great, affordable choice);
3. Stay only as long as medically necessary (you and your baby, as separate decisions), and be aware of discharge time deadlines;
4. No elective Caesarean deliveries (should only be when medically necessary);
5. Get good (or better) prenatal care, and follow your doctor's advice;
6. Breastfeed.

Azshec

Postby Azshec » Sat, 23 Apr 2016 3:50 am

Gotlucky wrote:

Filipino
Married to singaporean
1 singaporean child
2k monthly gross
Applied on October

Hello!! May I know how long have you been staying in Singapore before applying your PR?

I have another question. Anyone know what is the cost for foreigner to give born in Singapore (roughly)?? I am foreigner and my husband is Singaporean. Because my husband friend paid around $9k plus for the whole process (both Singaporean). So I was wondering for my case will there be a huge difference in the cost if I am not PR.

Hi.. I've been here in sg for almost 4years when we applied..

About giving birth: I was on my LTVP+ when i gave birth to my daughter at Mt Alvernia (2014) Normal Delivery and the bill was like $5000+.. Was the friend of yours Normal Delivery or CS?

Under LTVP+, i was still considered as a foreigner so even we choses those govt or semigovt hospital they will still charge us same as the private ones., thats why we decided to go to Mt.A.

On the other hand i remember my husband did a claim on his medisave a part of the total maternity package.. Try to visit MOH site under Marriage and Parenthood Scheme - http://www.heybaby.sg/

I hope it helps. All the best..

Azshec

Postby Azshec » Sat, 23 Apr 2016 3:59 am

Azshec wrote:
Gotlucky wrote:

Filipino
Married to singaporean
1 singaporean child
2k monthly gross
Applied on October

Hi.. I've been here in sg for almost 4years when we applied..

About giving birth: I was on my LTVP+ when i gave birth to my daughter at Mt Alvernia (2014) Normal Delivery and the bill was like $5000+.. Was the friend of yours Normal Delivery or CS?

Under LTVP+, i was still considered as a foreigner so even we choses those govt or semigovt hospital they will still charge us same as the private ones., thats why we decided to go to Mt.A.

On the other hand i remember my husband did a claim on his medisave a part of the total maternity package.. Try to visit MOH site under Marriage and Parenthood Scheme - http://www.heybaby.sg/

I hope it helps. All the best..

Sorry what i meant was; my husband claim a Small part FROM the total maternity package. I attached the link on my previous comment, try to visit the site. Is there anything i can help you pls do message me so we dont spam this thread..

angelofhell215

Postby angelofhell215 » Mon, 25 Apr 2016 8:45 am

1- E Pass/ SGD 40k per annual
2- Applied @ 28 August 2015
3- Malaysian/ Chinese / Single / Female 27
4- Singapore since 2009 / 1st time application
5- No tax paid
6- Status @ ienqury = Pending

Gseddy

Postby Gseddy » Mon, 25 Apr 2016 9:01 am

angelofhell215 wrote:1- E Pass/ SGD 40k per annual
2- Applied @ 28 August 2015
3- Malaysian/ Chinese / Single / Female 27
4- Singapore since 2009 / 1st time application
5- No tax paid
6- Status @ ienqury = Pending

Hey Hi,

Singapore since 2009 but not paid tax yet ? :) just curious