Singapore Expats Forum

expat husbands running away with asian lovers/bargirls/maids etc

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: expat husbands running away with asian lovers/bargirls/maids etc

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 8:14 pm

Brah wrote:
ecureilx wrote:A single lady looking for ONS ?

:-k

Why didn't I think of that ..

Like anywhere else, some were up for ONSs, others looking for boyfriends, others looking for husbands. Kinda like guys, only women.

I couldn't find the icon for tongue in cheek :D

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 8:45 am

Brah wrote:
ecureilx wrote:A single lady looking for ONS ?

:-k

Why didn't I think of that ..

Like anywhere else, some were up for ONSs, others looking for boyfriends, others looking for husbands. Kinda like guys, only women.

A saw TV show once and it was like the Japanese version of a toned-down Sex in the City.*

*from what I gather. I tried watching it once to find out what the buzz was all about and I got bored

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:43 am

I honestly think there is no real geographical difference/advantages of dating people from different cultural background, regardless whether you are posted abroad or you meet them at your home country. All this talk of "dating Caucasian men because they make more money, better in bed and more romantic" and "dating Asian women because they are submissive, gentle, demure and skinnier" is shallow.

You have sex-gods/goddesses, millionaires, the promiscuous and the entitled in every culture. If there is any predilection like how some Thai girls try to marry up their income ladder by hitting on British boys (as said in the article), it is because one large group of people decided that they can capitalise on certain traits. That doesn't mean that all these girls are money-minded prostitutes (far be it - there are much more decent girls who either educated professionals or well-brought-up peasant girl), and all British boys think with the other head (there are 10 times the number of decent lads with proper family upbringing who are taught to treat women with due respect).