Singapore Expats

expat husbands running away with asian lovers/bargirls/maids etc

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: expat husbands running away with asian lovers/bargirls/maids etc

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 8:14 pm

Brah wrote:
ecureilx wrote:A single lady looking for ONS ?

:-k

Why didn't I think of that ..
Like anywhere else, some were up for ONSs, others looking for boyfriends, others looking for husbands. Kinda like guys, only women.
I couldn't find the icon for tongue in cheek :D

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 8:45 am

Brah wrote:
ecureilx wrote:A single lady looking for ONS ?

:-k

Why didn't I think of that ..
Like anywhere else, some were up for ONSs, others looking for boyfriends, others looking for husbands. Kinda like guys, only women.
A saw TV show once and it was like the Japanese version of a toned-down Sex in the City.*

*from what I gather. I tried watching it once to find out what the buzz was all about and I got bored
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:43 am

I honestly think there is no real geographical difference/advantages of dating people from different cultural background, regardless whether you are posted abroad or you meet them at your home country. All this talk of "dating Caucasian men because they make more money, better in bed and more romantic" and "dating Asian women because they are submissive, gentle, demure and skinnier" is shallow.

You have sex-gods/goddesses, millionaires, the promiscuous and the entitled in every culture. If there is any predilection like how some Thai girls try to marry up their income ladder by hitting on British boys (as said in the article), it is because one large group of people decided that they can capitalise on certain traits. That doesn't mean that all these girls are money-minded prostitutes (far be it - there are much more decent girls who either educated professionals or well-brought-up peasant girl), and all British boys think with the other head (there are 10 times the number of decent lads with proper family upbringing who are taught to treat women with due respect).

lisa A

Post by lisa A » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 1:52 pm

i realised white men has strong liking for malay. Don't really understand this.......

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 2:17 pm

You are pretty bodoh, I have to give you that. You don't have a clue.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 8:30 pm

To be blunt, white men get more game in Asia - even those that get no game back home due to their appearance or social abilities. For example, most Asian women like nerdy men... not so much for Western women. Asian women are far more practical and care more about fundamentals than their Western counterparts. There is also the matter of availability and competition. In Western countries, men are far more aggressive at seeking out women - the desirable women usually get snapped up quickly and at a young age. The situation is quite a bit different in Asia. I could go on...
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 10:07 pm

I would rather expect white man in SEA are associated with wealth and financial stability. Another driver would be the culture, less patriarchal and with more courtesy towards women then in most SEA countries.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Re: expat husbands running away with asian lovers/bargirls/maids et

Post by malcontent » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 12:07 am

There are variations across SEA. For example, the Philippines is the go-to place for older white men - this is where dating a woman half your age is both common & accepted. Many women genuinely prefer it - and no, it’s not because they are all gold diggers. Just two years ago my brother married one that is half his age, and he is a low-wage security guard... she is a nurse and makes more than he does! They couldn’t be happier together and just had their first child.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 10:27 am

A funny story from an eagles gathering:

The Ref: "Yeah mate, I work at <redacted>."
PNGMK: "Oh do you know <redacted> there?"
The Ref: "The Aussie bloke who dumped his wife and shacked up with his Filipino maid? Yeah I know him!"
PNGMK: "Yep that's him"

In other words your reputation precedes you.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Nov 2020 2:02 pm

I remember that! LOL
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 23 Feb 2021 12:23 pm

Not at the moment Gabriela. The rates for some hookers here have actually quadrupled since Covid-19 I'm told by one of their business managers. On the other hand an un-named poster here claims that "Singapore women are so horny now and can't fly out to their toy boys so they are desperate and easy now". Whether that is true or a misrepresentation is not for me to say.

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Tue, 23 Feb 2021 1:23 pm

There was a guy in our office who brought a wife and family over, he ended up getting one of the girls in our office pregnant and it wasn’t long before a divorce ensued and the wife and kids went back home. Not long after, he hooked up with another girl in our office - this time she got him to marry her - they had a kid together... but after some years, he found another girl in our office... and the cycle repeats.

To be honest, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy because he will probably end up old and alone, or at the very least, having little if any real meaning in his life.

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AndrewV » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 1:44 pm

personally, I can't say i've played the game at the level that some of you have, but my experience in the dating game across Asia(not talking about Singapore, but other countries in Asia in general) is that if you're white, most things are on the table in the name of "new experiences" and "Exploring your sexuality".

for people who like to experiment sexually, and hit those deep dark kinks, it works...

A friend told me a story where he played the "shoulder to cry on" role to a staunchly religious girl who had broken up with her boyfriend as she felt he didn't respect her enough. One thing led to the another and before long he was sticking it where the sun don't shine whilst not even being in a relationship with her!

how ironic

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 2:59 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 31 Oct 2020 8:30 pm
To be blunt, white men get more game in Asia - even those that get no game back home due to their appearance or social abilities. For example, most Asian women like nerdy men... not so much for Western women. Asian women are far more practical and care more about fundamentals than their Western counterparts. There is also the matter of availability and competition. In Western countries, men are far more aggressive at seeking out women - the desirable women usually get snapped up quickly and at a young age. The situation is quite a bit different in Asia. I could go on...
This above is true for Australia too from what I've seen. My older single male friends routinely complain about it but I have no sympathy as they mostly F and C'd their way through their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s....

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AndrewV » Mon, 07 Jun 2021 11:41 am

PNGMK wrote:
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 2:59 pm

This above is true for Australia too from what I've seen. My older single male friends routinely complain about it but I have no sympathy as they mostly F and C'd their way through their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s....
word bruv....