Singapore Expats

SPR - Third time's the charm?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: SPR - Third time's the charm?

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 1:13 am

dynamic.dante wrote: Actually why would ica not move to emails or other electronic form of communication. Other government institutions such as
MOM has pretty much modernized their systems to allow IPA letters be printed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because ... You never had lost emails ?

Actually ICA has a lot in e form, including E Rep, visit pass etc.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: SPR - Third time's the charm?

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 8:08 am

Also because Permanent Residence is for actual residents of Singapore. Actual residents of Singapore have Singapore residential postal addresses. SingPost provides a useful filtering service.

Registered postal mail would be nice, but I suppose iEnquiry is a reasonable backstop for those rare occasions when SingPost loses a piece of mail.

beard1
Regular
Regular

Post by beard1 » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:15 am

I feel "safer" with a physical letter than an email. I've seen too many instances of the junk filter in Gmail making bad decisions about what is spam and what isn't!

Although interestingly the letter we got from our MP was in their electronic system - not sure if this was because they received an email, or because they have an electronic record of a physical email. Definitely suggests more sophistication than a visit to the office may suggest.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:33 am

ecureilx wrote:
dynamic.dante wrote: Actually why would ica not move to emails or other electronic form of communication. Other government institutions such as
MOM has pretty much modernized their systems to allow IPA letters be printed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because ... You never had lost emails ?

Actually ICA has a lot in e form, including E Rep, visit pass etc.
well i do, but mails do get lost as well ...
especially when it comes to this important piece of paper, correct me if my memory is wrong ...
i've read somewhere that one guy posted he waited for a month or close to two for his IPA letter (which were told by ICA to wait after a few weeks? in Singapore where mails are usually delivered within a week?) in the end he went back to ICA to have the letter reprinted on the spot.

okay, maybe not emails ... but yeah exactly like what you've mentioned ... some portal like eRep that you can log in using your singpass to print the IPA letter yourself ...

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:44 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Also because Permanent Residence is for actual residents of Singapore. Actual residents of Singapore have Singapore residential postal addresses. SingPost provides a useful filtering service.

Registered postal mail would be nice, but I suppose iEnquiry is a reasonable backstop for those rare occasions when SingPost loses a piece of mail.
:-| they do checks on your residence as well during application?
if that's their case someone can just put their relatives / friends addresses and consider treat that as where they live :-k the "you need mail to verify where you live" argument sounds weak to me

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:01 am

dynoto wrote: :-| they do checks on your residence as well during application?
if that's their case someone can just put their relatives / friends addresses and consider treat that as where they live :-k the "you need mail to verify where you live" argument sounds weak to me

Image Image
Last edited by ecureilx on Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:08 am

ecureilx wrote:
dynoto wrote: :-| they do checks on your residence as well during application?

:D
sounds like it implies the face of "hahaaaaa boyyyy ... you knew nothing" :-k

i recalled some johor guy posted in this forum pulled did pulled this trick quite recently, pretty sure of that ... though :-k

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:12 am

Many acts are possible, including potential or actual criminal acts.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: SPR - Third time's the charm?

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:34 am

dynoto wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
dynoto wrote:

i recalled some johor guy posted in this forum pulled did pulled this trick quite recently, pretty sure of that ... though :-k
My smiley is meant to agree with you :) Image

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: SPR - Third time's the charm?

Post by dynoto » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 12:13 pm

ecureilx wrote:
dynoto wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

My smiley is meant to agree with you :) Image

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 9:46 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:Many acts are possible, including potential or actual criminal acts.
Sounds like a Chinese fortune cookie.

beard1
Regular
Regular

Post by beard1 » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 2:16 pm

If ICA monitor this forum as closely as they're rumored to, here's hoping they keep a closer eye on location spoofers!

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 4:21 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Sounds like a Chinese fortune cookie.
It was meant to sound like prison, as a fair warning.

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 9:10 pm

What did your rejection letters say? It may give some hints on how you should proceed

beard1
Regular
Regular

Post by beard1 » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 4:26 pm

quantabit wrote:What did your rejection letters say? It may give some hints on how you should proceed
How many threads have you asked that question in os far, quanta? Please tell me this is leading to you building some sort of predictive PR-likelihood modelling software. There's money on that table for sure.

I'm not a believer in the theory that one's rejection letter has any bearing on future applications. I have now at least 10 cases I'm aware of where kiss-of-death letters were converted to PRs, three of whom are now citizens. To answer your question though, mine were kiss-of-death rejections too.