Singapore Expats Forum

PR date of application and its result

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: PR date of application and its result

Postby the lynx » Fri, 01 Apr 2016 9:05 am

qol wrote:I submitted my application on 25 Aug 2015, it's still pending.

I called them today and I was informed that the application is currently at the final stages and that I should receive the outcome per post in the next 2-3 weeks. So exciting, hope I'll get it!


On an objective note, I wouldn't be too excited. Unless they specifically tell you that it is already approved and you need to wait for the next 2-3 weeks, your chances of receiving rejection is as much as of receiving approval. Basically they were saying you're getting the outcome soon (rejection/approval). That of course, unless you are ICA's favourite for the season.

qol
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 28 Mar 2016

Re: PR date of application and its result

Postby qol » Mon, 04 Apr 2016 1:53 pm

I checked again just now, and it got approved today!!


the lynx wrote:
qol wrote:I submitted my application on 25 Aug 2015, it's still pending.

I called them today and I was informed that the application is currently at the final stages and that I should receive the outcome per post in the next 2-3 weeks. So exciting, hope I'll get it!


On an objective note, I wouldn't be too excited. Unless they specifically tell you that it is already approved and you need to wait for the next 2-3 weeks, your chances of receiving rejection is as much as of receiving approval. Basically they were saying you're getting the outcome soon (rejection/approval). That of course, unless you are ICA's favourite for the season.

OrangUtan88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 30 Mar 2016

Re: PR date of application and its result

Postby OrangUtan88 » Mon, 04 Apr 2016 2:07 pm

qol wrote:I checked again just now, and it got approved today!!


the lynx wrote:
qol wrote:I submitted my application on 25 Aug 2015, it's still pending.

I called them today and I was informed that the application is currently at the final stages and that I should receive the outcome per post in the next 2-3 weeks. So exciting, hope I'll get it!


On an objective note, I wouldn't be too excited. Unless they specifically tell you that it is already approved and you need to wait for the next 2-3 weeks, your chances of receiving rejection is as much as of receiving approval. Basically they were saying you're getting the outcome soon (rejection/approval). That of course, unless you are ICA's favourite for the season.


Congratulation!

PermanentRisk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 04 Apr 2016

Re: PR date of application and its result

Postby PermanentRisk » Tue, 05 Apr 2016 8:14 pm

lurker here and just created this account

just discovered my status was changed to "Approved" after 9 months of processing time. I check the status once a week.

Some info about myself:
Msian chinese, male, mid-20
-Have been in SG since secondary school (yes I was invited to become PR in my O-Level year, but did not take up. On hindsight, not serving NS is definitely one of my life's regret, as there is always this gap whenever I interact with my singaporean peers)
-Graduated from poly, S pass drawing 2.5k basic (3k gross)
-Did not provide any cover letters whatsoever, just the required documents stated on the form, as well as some proof of my academic achievements.

Hope it helps.

angelofhell215
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 16 Mar 2016

Re: PR date of application and its result

Postby angelofhell215 » Mon, 18 Apr 2016 4:20 pm

qol wrote:I submitted my application on 25 Aug 2015, it's still pending.

I called them today and I was informed that the application is currently at the final stages and that I should receive the outcome per post in the next 2-3 weeks. So exciting, hope I'll get it!



Hi Qol,

What question did you ask for them to reply you that your application is at final stage? I always been told that, just check your application online.

And Congratulations on your approval!

Thank you.

angelofhell215
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 16 Mar 2016

Re: PR date of application and its result

Postby angelofhell215 » Mon, 18 Apr 2016 4:22 pm

PermanentRisk wrote:lurker here and just created this account

just discovered my status was changed to "Approved" after 9 months of processing time. I check the status once a week.

Some info about myself:
Msian chinese, male, mid-20
-Have been in SG since secondary school (yes I was invited to become PR in my O-Level year, but did not take up. On hindsight, not serving NS is definitely one of my life's regret, as there is always this gap whenever I interact with my singaporean peers)
-Graduated from poly, S pass drawing 2.5k basic (3k gross)
-Did not provide any cover letters whatsoever, just the required documents stated on the form, as well as some proof of my academic achievements.

Hope it helps.



Congratulations Lurker,

You mentioned about 9 months processing time, i assumed you applied roughly on early July 2015?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR date of application and its result

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Apr 2016 4:46 pm

#-o

mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013

Re: PR date of application and its result

Postby mystic_river » Mon, 18 Apr 2016 5:30 pm

lol @ the amount of people obsessed with processing times.

Oh well, as long as it helps with your agony of waiting (endlessly, at times). Then again, I honestly don't see how it helps. Every application is independent and there's literally no correlation here. Two people could apply on the exact same date with the exact same profile and yet one might get his result within 6 months while the other might have to wait 2 years (or even 3, who knows).


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests