Singapore Expats

PR date of application and its result

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
angelofhell215

PR date of application and its result

Post by angelofhell215 » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:01 am

Calling all PR applicants pending for results / received their results,

I applied on 28 August 2015, pending for result. What about yours?

Though it may be inaccurate, just wanted to know the trend of their processing time. (I understand it varies by individual)

Cheers.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Re: PR date of application and its result

Post by dynoto » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:18 am

end of june, pending.

OrangUtan88

Post by OrangUtan88 » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:15 am

Anyone experienced in switching company during PR application? Is there a way to retain current PR application if a new company is willing to hire you? Thanks.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:34 am

Sure, you can do that. Ask your new employer to fill in a new Annex A, and submit that to ICA by post, fax, or e-mail, referencing your Application ID -- all listed on the letter you received when you turned in your PR application. If your new employer refuses to fill in Annex A then provide substantially the same details to ICA on your own.

OrangUtan88

Post by OrangUtan88 » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks @BBCWatcher. Is there any grace period to do such add-in/ amendment once after termination of my current working pass?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 12:43 pm

OrangUtan88 wrote:Thanks @BBCWatcher. Is there any grace period to do such add-in/ amendment once after termination of my current working pass?
Why would you post the same question in multiple threads ?

Ex: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewto ... 80#p744680

Kiasu eh ? Most likely on that score you are qualified for be PR ..

angelofhell215

Post by angelofhell215 » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 5:48 pm

dynoto wrote:end of june, pending.
Good luck to us, and finger crossed that we will receive the results soon, do update us once you have yours. :D

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 9:11 pm

OrangUtan88 wrote:Is there any grace period to do such add-in/ amendment once after termination of my current working pass?
Notify ICA as soon as reasonably possible.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:24 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Sure, you can do that. Ask your new employer to fill in a new Annex A, and submit that to ICA by post, fax, or e-mail, referencing your Application ID -- all listed on the letter you received when you turned in your PR application. If your new employer refuses to fill in Annex A then provide substantially the same details to ICA on your own.
Seriously, and really, and honestly - really an Idle thought !

So you are required to provide 6 months pay slip when you apply for PR.

So if you must submit all information as before, when you join a new place - how do you a) provide 6 months pay slip, and b) to even to provide the first month pay slip, you gotta work for a month at the new place, so how do you submit it pronto ?

For your info, ICA stopped believing in Employment contracts and promises to pay millions of $ as salary - it's the pay slip they believe in, printed pay slip.

Sorry, I really don't have an answer and just throwing my thoughts to see what others may think.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:53 am

Honestly, I'd just wait until results, and then submit the Annex that comes with approval letter, filled by the new employer (if I were to get approved).

This one sounds a little lackadaisical. And those who are betting their lifeline on PR application should not take this advice.

Just inform ICA via enquiry form and they will advise what to provide.

For example, it is common that ICA would ask for scanned copies of new passport if the applicants renewed their passport during PR application waiting period. Same thing goes to change of address or contact details, they would just ask for it via their reply e-mail. I am sure the similar response would be given for change in employment. In that case, BBCW might be right.

OrangUtan88

Post by OrangUtan88 » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 11:00 am

the lynx wrote:Honestly, I'd just wait until results, and then submit the Annex that comes with approval letter, filled by the new employer (if I were to get approved).

This one sounds a little lackadaisical. And those who are betting their lifeline on PR application should not take this advice.

Just inform ICA via enquiry form and they will advise what to provide.

For example, it is common that ICA would ask for scanned copies of new passport if the applicants renewed their passport during PR application waiting period. Same thing goes to change of address or contact details, they would just ask for it via their reply e-mail. I am sure the similar response would be given for change in employment. In that case, BBCW might be right.
@the lynx I have been waiting the PR result for more than 5 months, closing to 6 months. Waiting period is individual dependable. I wish to clarify the chances to continue my current PR application while switching into new company.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 11:26 am

Submit the changes to ICA. Your current PR application will continue to proceed with the new information. Whether or not it will change the ultimate outcome is anybody's guess. How long is a piece a string?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:59 pm

Sometimes no news is good news

Some has waited 2 years or longer. It comes when it comes

The waiting is agonising, the truth is hard to swallow

Common sense is no longer common
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 2:29 pm

MS, I think here on the little red rock/dot, commonsense is virtually extinct like the Woolly Mammoth & Sabre-toothed Tiger and more recently, the Dodo bird.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

qol

Post by qol » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 5:15 pm

I submitted my application on 25 Aug 2015, it's still pending.

I called them today and I was informed that the application is currently at the final stages and that I should receive the outcome per post in the next 2-3 weeks. So exciting, hope I'll get it!