Singapore Expats

Any Malaysians who have applied for PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Any Malaysians who have applied for PR?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Mar 2016 8:02 pm

:mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

OrangUtan88

Post by OrangUtan88 » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:16 am

Anyone here have experienced in switching company during PR application? Is there a way to retain current PR application if a new company is willing to hire you? Thanks.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:59 am

OrangUtan88 wrote:Anyone here have experienced in switching company during PR application? Is there a way to retain current PR application if a new company is willing to hire you? Thanks.
If you mean changing job while PR application is pending: in the past, sometimes, change of job lead to the application being considered cancelled, but not any more I understand. I doubt ICA has put that in black and white. So, if your new job is going to get a better pay, more interesting role, it won't affect anything.

Once you have moved over to the new job, just inform ICA of your new job/role, and pay. I know, ICA/MOM and all are government agencies, but you have to inform ICA once you have your new pass, unless they say otherwise.

PS, do wait for our in-house research professor to add his findings ....

OrangUtan88

Post by OrangUtan88 » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 12:20 pm

Who is the "research professor" that you are referring to? LOL.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 12:38 pm

OrangUtan88 wrote:Who is the "research professor" that you are referring to? LOL.
Somebody who is smarter, meticulous, organised, detail oriented, facts driven - all of that and more, much more than me.

emelia1

Post by emelia1 » Wed, 30 Mar 2016 5:10 pm

the lynx wrote:Well we all know that on the instructions it is already explicitly stated that all documents should be translated to English if they aren't, but OP is seeking for answers outside of what ICA has already provided. I directed her to the source and even summarised for her the answer she wanted in the end (which wasn't wrong actually - as attested by Spiderman - thank you).

@BBCW if you have been volunteering answers for years to same questions ad nausem despite of wonderful wealth of information here, plus personal insights from posters who have gone down the path, you shouldn't be surprised why.

I'm no saint either so I have no benefit to defend my "chill", nor to antagonise OP.

OP, I wish you all the best for the PR application. If you tick all the right boxes, and happens to fit the flavour in ICA's eyes, you'll get approved for PR quite quickly actually. Application may take between 2 months or 1.5 years (based on the pattern we see here) for results.
sorry the lynx and thank you for the wish

Zaralina27

Post by Zaralina27 » Thu, 05 May 2016 7:58 am

Hi!
I believe that it is a requirement for you to submit the translated documents on the day of appointment. I am a qualified private translator and I am able to assist you with this. Please feel free to email me at I AM SPAMMING to discuss further . Thank you.

pammie0927

Post by pammie0927 » Sun, 30 Jul 2017 10:51 pm

Hi, I believe some of the comments stating there is no need for translation might be outdated. It is stated in bold all documents must be in English, hence you should follow regardless of what your friends might have said. Your friends might have send their application at a time when this was allowed.

For me, I translated both my birth certificate and my SPM transcript as it was not in English. If you do not want to fork out the price then risk it by all means. I had to look for quotations for translation services n notarization services as the price vary greatly. I finally got a good quote for translation services n got a decent quote from a notary public. All in all, I have to pay 175 for two documents to be translated n notarized.

For those who think this is a hefty amount, take the risk by all means, however bear in mind this is standard procedure for PR application in other countries as well.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:20 am

pammie0927 wrote: For those who think this is a hefty amount, take the risk by all means, however bear in mind this is standard procedure for PR application in other countries as well.
But in Singapore you know Malay is an official language right?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 9:57 am

ecureilx wrote:
pammie0927 wrote: For those who think this is a hefty amount, take the risk by all means, however bear in mind this is standard procedure for PR application in other countries as well.
But in Singapore you know Malay is an official language right?
Its the National Language :mrgreen:
According to the Constitution of Singapore, the four official languages of Singapore are Malay, Mandarin, Tamil, and English, while the national language is Malay.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

pammie0927

Post by pammie0927 » Sat, 05 Aug 2017 9:53 pm

I am fully aware of that, but, a call to ICA will provide you with the answers, and it is made official that starting from Aug 2016 all documents are to be in English.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Aug 2017 2:04 pm

I've also seen that recently. Read it and weep if you don't follow instructions. Us old-timers here don't always stay in sync with the latest times. That's why we like having new blood on here as sometimes you all hit upon changes that we may have overlooked.

Right Squirrel, Barnsley? [-(
:cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 07 Aug 2017 12:06 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've also seen that recently. Read it and weep if you don't follow instructions. Us old-timers here don't always stay in sync with the latest times. That's why we like having new blood on here as sometimes you all hit upon changes that we may have overlooked.

O:)
Life is short, paddle harder!!

soonyee82

Post by soonyee82 » Mon, 07 Aug 2017 11:50 pm

pammie0927 wrote:I am fully aware of that, but, a call to ICA will provide you with the answers, and it is made official that starting from Aug 2016 all documents are to be in English.
Hi, was wondering if you could share the contact for the translation & notarization service you used? Many thanks :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 08 Aug 2017 10:21 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've also seen that recently. Read it and weep if you don't follow instructions. Us old-timers here don't always stay in sync with the latest times. That's why we like having new blood on here as sometimes you all hit upon changes that we may have overlooked.

[-o< :mrgreen: