Singapore Expats Forum

PR Chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
svramesh02

PR Chances

Postby svramesh02 » Mon, 21 Mar 2016 1:10 pm

Hello All,

I need help in getting your views on my PR application details. Please help to give your opinion on how likely are the chances of getting approval.

Race: Indian, Male 29
Myself working in Electronics Company, R & D department ( Under EP Category)- Salary 5K/month + yearly bonus
MY Academics: Master's degree in Mechanical from USA and Bachelors degree from India.
Staying in Singapore since 4.5 years - same company
Got Married in 2014. Wife staying with me in Singapore as Dependant since 2014.
Wife also Indian. Age -25
Wife Education- Master's degree in VLSI Desgin, India
Wife Occupation: working in Electronic Car park system company, Singapore- Salary S$1700/month
Both of us Involved in Volunteering activities
Invested in Life Insurance and savings plans in Singapore. In the policies, we need to pay premium around 4K each year. Policy period- 15 years.
Have Health Insurance for both of us.
No children yet.
Applied once last year and got rejected. This year applied again and waiting for result.

Thank you for taking time to read my message.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: PR Chances

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 21 Mar 2016 1:26 pm

Probably no better than last time.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

svramesh02

Postby svramesh02 » Mon, 21 Mar 2016 1:47 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention the changes in this year Application
1) Earlier my wife wasn't working but recently she got the job and started working here.
2) Last time when we applied my wife didn't get the provisional/ final degree certificate of her Master's degree so we couldn't submit. We mentioned her degree in the application but we didn't submit the degree certificate.
3) We have not signed up for the Insurances and savings plan last time.

Would the above add value to the application chances??

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 21 Mar 2016 1:55 pm

3 doesn't matter. 1 and 2 may help and are certainly an improvement.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

purplepeanuts

Postby purplepeanuts » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 10:20 am

What is your status?, svramesh02.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:07 am

purplepeanuts wrote:What is your status?, svramesh02.

What difference does it make? You're as bad as the airline SIA threads... "did you get your call yet"?

purplepeanuts

Re: RE: Re: PR Chances

Postby purplepeanuts » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:14 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
purplepeanuts wrote:What is your status?, svramesh02.

What difference does it make? You're as bad as the airline SIA threads... "did you get your call yet"?

Hello,

Hmm im sorry, im new here and i dint quite get your "SIA" reference.

Anyways, i was Keen in knowing the outcome of his application, rather than me posting about a similar profile, i would analyse better by these posts.

Regards,
PurpleP

Manohar_Reddy

Postby Manohar_Reddy » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:32 am

Ramesh,
PR for Indian origin applicants has become very difficult to get. There already are nearly 100,000 Indian origin PRs and probably a significant % are with IT background. It doesn't look like ICA wants to give PR to too many Indian origin applicants. Of course, each case is unique and different. But the big picture is that unless there is something very special about an Indian origin applicant, chances of getting PR are slim.
I remember reading about the case of an applicant with civil engineering diploma from local polytechnic with a few years of work experience getting PR.
One cannot say what the outcome will be.
It doesn't cost much in trying again and again. But no point in getting frustrated.
Wish you best of luck.

Strong Eagle

Re: RE: Re: PR Chances

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:40 pm

purplepeanuts wrote:Anyways, i was Keen in knowing the outcome of his application, rather than me posting about a similar profile, i would analyse better by these posts.

Analyze what? You can tell nothing about your chances of success based upon someone else's profile.

It's about as useful as analyzing last week's 4D Toto numbers in order to pick this week's numbers.

Pointless and stupid.

purplepeanuts

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PR Chances

Postby purplepeanuts » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 3:01 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
purplepeanuts wrote:Anyways, i was Keen in knowing the outcome of his application, rather than me posting about a similar profile, i would analyse better by these posts.

Analyze what? You can tell nothing about your chances of success based upon someone else's profile.

It's about as useful as analyzing last week's 4D Toto numbers in order to pick this week's numbers.

Pointless and stupid.

Correlating PR to 4D is meaningless.

I am aware of the PR application being assessed by a holistic approach and no two same applications have similar outcome.

But on a majority assumption, (e.g. scenario like a single Indian have bleak chance to obtain a PR, except for 1 or 2 cases) we can determine the fate of a case upfront comparing a few factors, which is what i am trying to do.

Let my Analysis be based on whatever it may, the question was directed to svramesh, I'm not sure what caused your behind to itch.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PR Chances

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 3:54 pm

purplepeanuts wrote:Correlating PR to 4D is meaningless.

I am aware of the PR application being assessed by a holistic approach and no two same applications have similar outcome.

But on a majority assumption, (e.g. scenario like a single Indian have bleak chance to obtain a PR, except for 1 or 2 cases) .

Actually you may have better luck predicting the winning Toto numbers, then PR

My former work place - 4 guys, same uni, nearly same age, same country, nearly same experience - as they been working in the same company or industry.

1 was approved. 3 others weren't. And one of the rejected guys contribute heavily to Apache Foundation.

I see a big pattern there.

I am convinced, the winning PR was based on his Caste. He was a bit fairer than the other guys- even though they all hail from the same state .. Or maybe he had a million $ in bank that made him a winner (money I wouldn't know about but ICA may know ... )

Am I right ?

sundaymorningstaple

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PR Chances

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 5:30 pm

purplepeanuts wrote:I'm not sure what caused your behind to itch.

Happens a lot when you enter an area with lots of buzzing little aggravating gnats that have nothing better to do than ask silly inconsequential questions that just take up bandwidth while making much sound and fury signifying nothing. :roll:

purplepeanuts

Postby purplepeanuts » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 6:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
purplepeanuts wrote:I'm not sure what caused your behind to itch.

Happens a lot when you enter an area with lots of buzzing little aggravating gnats that have nothing better to do than ask silly inconsequential questions that just take up bandwidth while making much sound and fury signifying nothing. :roll:

Besides your skills of beautiful articulation. I don't find any constructive responses.

Talking about bandwidth somemore...lol.

Some are drifting away from maintain a forum decorum, to becoming agony aunts -pouncing on every response, even to those who had no wrong intentions.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 7:57 pm

@purplepeanuts, if you stay on this forum for 4-5 years as a regular, you will surely understand on why the regulars here discourage applications for PR being compared against one another.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 8:49 pm

purplepeanuts wrote:Talking about bandwidth somemore...lol.

:-k

Some are drifting away from maintain a forum decorum, to becoming agony aunts -pouncing on every response, even to those who had no wrong intentions.

Well, when you say once it, A's time line won't matter for B, then C comes and asks for A's timeline, and then asks A to share "ALL" Info (oh, that I am still not sure if all info including salary is shared .. ) all for B or C want to profile A - to what use ? Are they gonna 'modify' their past career and experience to be like A ? Or be reborn like A ? Or ????

All cluttering the initial response - "No, it won't matter" how long another person's application took, and then .... more and more "it matters .. " or "get away, we wanna know .. "

All I can say is, such info is very important to be discussed over a chai or kopi-si, it's topics for discussion, and some people take tea time seriously. Ah, it still doesn't matter when you dissect another guy's profile or time line.

So the initial reply from the Moderator saying "it won't matter how long it took for another guy" .. still stands.

So back to the question, what exactly are you saying when you said whatever you said ?