Singapore Expats Forum

Where can I find....?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Where can I find....?

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 27 Jan 2005 6:14 pm

Hi Everyone

I know this post should maybe be on another section but as I usually post on 'General' I thought I'd ask here.

I am coming to Singapore this Spring, or early Summer, and would like to ask if anyone knows where I can find Saree material.....not the sort off the roll, by the metre, but in sets? You know, already packed.

I know I could try Senangoon Road, but they see you coming there, and think I'm a tourist...(colouring etc) when I think of myself as an honourary local, having lived there for years and years.

So, where can I find properly priced sets, do you think? I know I could bargain, but it's so boring and tiresome to walk the length of Serangoon and keep asking, 'What's your best price?'

Any wholesalers who open to the public?

Thanks everyone.

Bubbs.

Troubles

Re: Where can I find....?

Postby Troubles » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:02 pm

Dont get me wrong Bubbs. But if youre looking for saree material you should go to India instead of Singapore that sounds more logical to me. Singapore has only a handful of Indian immigrants who have adopted to the new localicty and yet retained many old customs so its a slightly queer(!) mix.

Troubles

Bubbles wrote:Hi Everyone

I know this post should maybe be on another section but as I usually post on 'General' I thought I'd ask here.

I am coming to Singapore this Spring, or early Summer, and would like to ask if anyone knows where I can find Saree material.....not the sort off the roll, by the metre, but in sets? You know, already packed.

I know I could try Senangoon Road, but they see you coming there, and think I'm a tourist...(colouring etc) when I think of myself as an honourary local, having lived there for years and years.

So, where can I find properly priced sets, do you think? I know I could bargain, but it's so boring and tiresome to walk the length of Serangoon and keep asking, 'What's your best price?'

Any wholesalers who open to the public?

Thanks everyone.

Bubbs.