Singapore Expats Forum

PR application for Malaysian

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nat0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

PR application for Malaysian

Postby nat0 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 11:08 am

hi all,

would like to know my chances of getting PR with the below details:

Malaysian female, single.
29 yrs old.
B.Degree in commerce(Accounting & marketing double majors) (Australia institution)
working in a reputable IT company as Finance officer.
salary: SGD3500
pass: EP
period of staying in SG: 2 years

thanks in advance!

Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby Siv » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 1:27 pm

nat0 wrote:hi all,

would like to know my chances of getting PR with the below details:

Malaysian female, single.
29 yrs old.
B.Degree in commerce(Accounting & marketing double majors) (Australia institution)
working in a reputable IT company as Finance officer.
salary: SGD3500
pass: EP
period of staying in SG: 2 years

thanks in advance!


Are you a chinese ? If yes, just apply.

If not, just apply anyway :D

Friend of mine was on EP for 2 years applied and got PR. He was male Malaysian chinese around your age too.

Good luck

nat0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby nat0 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 1:41 pm

Siv wrote:

Are you a chinese ? If yes, just apply.

If not, just apply anyway :D

Friend of mine was on EP for 2 years applied and got PR. He was male Malaysian chinese around your age too.

Good luck


yeah, malaysian chinese...
submitted the application this morning.. finger crossed..

how long did your friend wait to get it approved?

Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby Siv » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 1:54 pm

nat0 wrote:
Siv wrote:

Are you a chinese ? If yes, just apply.

If not, just apply anyway :D

Friend of mine was on EP for 2 years applied and got PR. He was male Malaysian chinese around your age too.

Good luck


yeah, malaysian chinese...
submitted the application this morning.. finger crossed..

how long did your friend wait to get it approved?


Less than 6 months.

But I can tell you....all this means for naught. It doesn't really matter. No one can tell you for certain. It's not a science. Haha.

I don't care much for what some say in here, but one wise man's words I like to quote when answering how long questions on PR application waiting duration....

'How long is a piece of string?'

:D

Wish you all the best :)

nat0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby nat0 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 2:01 pm

got it.. thanks for your advice.

besides the point, would like ask what if someone cannot produce the original education cert for sighting? the original cert went missing but photocopied is on hand and submitted, not me but asking for someone else..

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 2:41 pm

nat0 wrote:besides the point, would like ask what if someone cannot produce the original education cert for sighting? the original cert went missing but photocopied is on hand and submitted, not me but asking for someone else..


Depending upon your country of origin, ICA may start suspecting something is very very wrong. Or not.

nat0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby nat0 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 4:10 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Depending upon your country of origin, ICA may start suspecting something is very very wrong. Or not.


from Malaysia as well, the original cert was issued 10 yrs ago but now the institute refused to issue another original cert as they claimed that this person did not complete the MQA subjects (moral studies & malaysian studies) required by the government, thou these subjects do not carry any credit but is compulsory to be done in order to graduate. not sure if ICA will further check on this?
another thing is will ICA consider recommendation letter written by the current employer (besides Annex A)? will that increase the chances of getting it approved?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby the lynx » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 11:48 am

Siv wrote:
nat0 wrote:
Siv wrote:

Are you a chinese ? If yes, just apply.

If not, just apply anyway :D

Friend of mine was on EP for 2 years applied and got PR. He was male Malaysian chinese around your age too.

Good luck


yeah, malaysian chinese...
submitted the application this morning.. finger crossed..

how long did your friend wait to get it approved?


Less than 6 months.

But I can tell you....all this means for naught. It doesn't really matter. No one can tell you for certain. It's not a science. Haha.

I don't care much for what some say in here, but one wise man's words I like to quote when answering how long questions on PR application waiting duration....

'How long is a piece of string?'

:D

Wish you all the best :)


If it helps, the fastest I've seen first hand was 2 months for single Malaysian Chinese female professionals.

But it can vary. So this means nothing if yours happen to take the average time or longer.

nat0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby nat0 » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:05 pm

[/quote]

If it helps, the fastest I've seen first hand was 2 months for single Malaysian Chinese female professionals.

But it can vary. So this means nothing if yours happen to take the average time or longer.[/quote]

Thanks, it helps a lot. :)
Wonder would it affect my application if I'm getting my rom done in Singapore before I have my result?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:50 pm

nat0 wrote:Thanks, it helps a lot. :)
Wonder would it affect my application if I'm getting my rom done in Singapore before I have my result?


If you get your ROM Done (Marriage ??), it would help if you sent a copy of the marriage certificate to ICA :)

It should only be positive- so go for it ;)

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby the lynx » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 2:14 pm

No one knows. Getting married in Singapore doesn't guarantee you status, just like how having babies in Singapore doesn't guarantee your kids having citizenship here.

But as the procedures require, always update to ICA any important change you have (new passport, address, marital status, employment, death etc).

nat0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby nat0 » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 6:52 pm

the lynx wrote:No one knows. Getting married in Singapore doesn't guarantee you status, just like how having babies in Singapore doesn't guarantee your kids having citizenship here.

But as the procedures require, always update to ICA any important change you have (new passport, address, marital status, employment, death etc).


Just worried that it will affect my chances of getting it approved as I applied as single, know that it won't increase the chance by telling them I'm married..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 8:00 pm

Depends on who you married somewhat, I'm pretty sure. If the girl is Singaporean Chinese no problem. If she's Malaysian Chinese but not here with you, could be problematic but probably not. If she's PRC, VN or Pinoy, you might have a problem.

nat0
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby nat0 » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 8:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Depends on who you married somewhat, I'm pretty sure. If the girl is Singaporean Chinese no problem. If she's Malaysian Chinese but not here with you, could be problematic but probably not. If she's PRC, VN or Pinoy, you might have a problem.


Marrying a guy definitely as I'm a girl.. He is Malaysian Chinese,EP holder as well, we didn't apply together as spouse as only decided to rom after the pr submission date was set. would it be easier for him to get pr after I hv obtained mine and apply for him as spouse?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR application for Malaysian

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 8:20 pm

If both are here on work passes, and both M'sian Chinese, I'd say pretty much a shoe-in. Really doesn't make much difference I don't think in this case as both of you are on EP's so it's pretty much even. ROM'ing will definitely not hurt the application, as long as you notify ICA of the change of marital status. It would probably be easier after you have obtained yours, but even that is subjective depending on who you talk to. We've seen it go either way over the years. But, wish you luck! ;-)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests