Singapore Expats Forum

(Seeking advice) Chance of Ltvp for foreigner wife.

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

Milly28
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

(Seeking advice) Chance of Ltvp for foreigner wife.

Postby Milly28 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:11 am

Hi everyone,
I am a PR (Malaysian) working as engineer in sg for 4 years and I intend to apply for LTVP for my Vietnamese wife (we will Rom next month)
My income is S$4.1k, and I've heard that for PR the income must be 5K then only can apply Ltvp for her. We really want to stay together cos tiring of keep traveling every 1.5 months to see each other.
Seeking advice from experienced forumers. Thanks.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: (Seeking advice) Chance of Ltvp for foreigner wife.

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 11:29 am

Milly28 wrote:Hi everyone,
I am a PR (Malaysian) working as engineer in sg for 4 years and I intend to apply for LTVP for my Vietnamese wife (we will Rom next month)
My income is S$4.1k, and I've heard that for PR the income must be 5K then only can apply Ltvp for her. We really want to stay together cos tiring of keep traveling every 1.5 months to see each other.
Seeking advice from experienced forumers. Thanks.


There is no officially declared minimum salary for LTVP for Spouse of PR, to the best of my knowledge.

The 5K is an unofficial number that floats around, though some have obtained for lesser salary.

LTVP also depends on period of marriage.

So the faster you Marry/ROM, your chances increase. :-k :-k

Milly28
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

Re: (Seeking advice) Chance of Ltvp for foreigner wife.

Postby Milly28 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 11:39 am

ecureilx wrote:LTVP also depends on period of marriage.
So the faster you Marry/ROM, your chances increase. :-k :-k

Thank you for your quick response and advice, I'm abit confusing cos I thought normally after Rom we can straight away apply for Ltvp, so the thing is need to wait a period of time then only Ica can procces for ltvp ah?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: (Seeking advice) Chance of Ltvp for foreigner wife.

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 11:44 am

Milly28 wrote:Thank you for your quick response and advice, I'm abit confusing cos I thought normally after Rom we can straight away apply for Ltvp, so the thing is need to wait a period of time then only Ica can procces for ltvp ah?


You can apply LTVP as soon as you ROM, but ICA may take into consideration how long you been married.

If you been married for longer, they may consider it favourably.

Or in your case, the above may not apply.

Milly28
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2016

Re: (Seeking advice) Chance of Ltvp for foreigner wife.

Postby Milly28 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks ecureilx for your time...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests