Singapore Expats Forum

Evaluating for my PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
angelofhell215

Evaluating for my PR application

Postby angelofhell215 » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 9:25 am

Hello all, sincerely needed seniors here to evaluate my PR application

Sex : F
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Malaysian Chinese
Job : Financial Consultant with Company "P"
Pass : EP
Highest Qualification attained : Bsc Hon Finance & Banking with UOL (study in SIM)
Date of application : 28 Aug 2015

Timeline (in SG):
June 2009 - June 2010 - Account Assistant in SG ($1.4k)
July 2010 - Aug 2011 - Diploma in Management Studies with SIM University
September 2011 - September 2013 - Bsc Hon Finance & Banking with UOL (study in SIM)
----short break but still remain in SG to look for job----
November 2013 - September 2014 - Audit Associate in SG's company ($2.1k)
--- attending course and taking test for insurance agent ----
January 2015 - present : Financial consultant with Company "P" ($3.3k)

Notes : Application submitted without the "Annex A to Form 4A"

Kindly advise.

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Re: Evaluating for my PR application

Postby Sp1d3rMan » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 9:41 am

Malaysian Chinese mostly stand a good chance. 8 Years in SG also plus a good point.

Why "Application submitted without the "Annex A to Form 4A" "?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 11:33 am

Doesn't want employer to know she is applying for PR because she will probably leave the employer within a week of getting her PR if she gets it.

angelofhell215

Postby angelofhell215 » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 12:27 pm

Sp1d3rMan wrote:Malaysian Chinese mostly stand a good chance. 8 Years in SG also plus a good point.

Why "Application submitted without the "Annex A to Form 4A" "?

for numerous reason with current employer. It is actually less than 7 years, excluding some time off.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Doesn't want employer to know she is applying for PR because she will probably leave the employer within a week of getting her PR if she gets it.

Up to your own imagination :) no comment on that.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 2:39 pm

Let's just say I've been around here a long time and been a recruiter and an HR Mgr for over 20 years here. ;-)

angelofhell215

Postby angelofhell215 » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 2:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Let's just say I've been around here a long time and been a recruiter and an HR Mgr for over 20 years here. ;-)

Awesome! Then i would like to hear your expertise on my PR application. Heard of any success story for PR application without submitting Annex A? Any comment on my qualification, in terms of successful rate of getting approved?

I just renewed my passport, do I have to inform ICA to update my passport particulars?

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Postby Sp1d3rMan » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 3:05 pm

angelofhell215 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Let's just say I've been around here a long time and been a recruiter and an HR Mgr for over 20 years here. ;-)

Awesome! Then i would like to hear your expertise on my PR application. Heard of any success story for PR application without submitting Annex A? Any comment on my qualification, in terms of successful rate of getting approved?

I just renewed my passport, do I have to inform ICA to update my passport particulars?

SMS is one of the pioneer in this forum and also seen a lot of these senario, (experience ROCKS!)

To me, if i could raise this question, so does ICA officer smells something. Perhaps that might be a kiss of death in this application, i might be wrong, just finger cross.

Renew passport, you have to update not only ICA on ur application, you must also update MOM, or else you might got trouble to travel out of SG.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 3:09 pm

Yes, forgot to address that. Yes, as Sp1d3rMan noted, you need to update both ICA & MOM as soon as possible.

Spidey, thanks for the vote of confidence. ;-)

I just realized that my previous post didn't make it! :-( I guess your's went up before I hit submit so the system didn't submit until I read your post, except I didn't notice it. Lost two paragraphs. :?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 3:31 pm

angelofhell215 wrote:

Any, I lost the original post but yeah, I don't see any real problems....

You have been here for half a dozen years, when to school here and being a M'sian, you would have assimilated well. The income is a bit on the low side but to offset that is the fact that demographically speaking you are one of the 'chosen' ones and being a young SCF to boot, should go a long way toward offsetting the salary issue. Additionally, they will know that the current employer is probably abusing from a salary point of view and once you get PR will probably look for a better employer.

The Annex A was often used in the past to retain an employee who was being underpaid and knew it. The employer would refuse to sign the Annex A, thereby causing a situation that prevented a person from apply for PR. (The employers knew that if the Annex A was signed and the PR was granted the employee would quit almost on the spot). So, MOM finally realized the futility of the Annex A and made the requirement of 6 months pay vouchers sufficient. Of course, having that AND the Annex A is better, but it is of no consequence if you apply without it, provided all else is there.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Evaluating for my PR application

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 5:44 pm

So, MOM finally realized the futility of the Annex A and made the requirement of 6 months pay vouchers sufficient. Of course, having that AND the Annex A is better, but it is of no consequence if you apply without it, provided all else is there.

100% true, from my experience too.

And Don't forget those employers trying to get a bond enforced just to sign the annex A.

angelofhell215

Postby angelofhell215 » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 7:55 pm

Sp1d3rMan wrote:
angelofhell215 wrote:

SMS is one of the pioneer in this forum and also seen a lot of these senario, (experience ROCKS!)

To me, if i could raise this question, so does ICA officer smells something. Perhaps that might be a kiss of death in this application, i might be wrong, just finger cross.

Renew passport, you have to update not only ICA on ur application, you must also update MOM, or else you might got trouble to travel out of SG.

Finger crossed, as I don't have a choice but to continue my application without Annex A

And thank to SMS for your experience sharing. Crossing 7 months soon, hopefully i could get a response soon, be it a rejection or approval. Hate of waiting, XD

By the way, how can i inform ICA about the passport particulars, go down to ICA building personally or updating can be done through online?

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Postby BBCWatcher » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 7:40 am

The letter you were handed when you applied for PR includes ICA's contact information. One option is to e-mail ICA a scanned copy of your new passport's data page, referencing your application number. Mailing a copy via SingPost also works. If they want something more they'll be in touch.

angelofhell215

Postby angelofhell215 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 8:33 am

BBCWatcher wrote:The letter you were handed when you applied for PR includes ICA's contact information. One option is to e-mail ICA a scanned copy of your new passport's data page, referencing your application number. Mailing a copy via SingPost also works. If they want something more they'll be in touch.

What happened if i lost that letter but i still remember the reference number? Does anyone here had the ICA contact information?

Thank you.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 9:26 am

BBCWatcher wrote:The letter you were handed when you applied for PR includes ICA's contact information. One option is to e-mail ICA a scanned copy of your new passport's data page, referencing your application number. Mailing a copy via SingPost also works. If they want something more they'll be in touch.

Sincere and honest question - Why reference number ?

You mean ICA can't work with the EP # ?

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Postby BBCWatcher » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 9:35 am

angelofhell215 wrote:What happened if i lost that letter but i still remember the reference number? Does anyone here had the ICA contact information?

ICA posts their contact details here and here.

ecureilx wrote:Why reference number ? You mean ICA can't work with the EP # ?

Because that's the number ICA gave you and asked you to reference in any future communications with them about your PR application. However, if you don't have your reference number you have a couple options:

1. Log onto iEnquiry with your SingPass and look up your reference number.

2. Failing that, provide reasonable information to make it as easy as possible for ICA to locate your PR application. Your FIN is an important element, yes.