Singapore Expats

Stay in SG for long on visit pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
minx999

Stay in SG for long on visit pass

Post by minx999 » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:57 pm

Hello,

I have 1 month visit pass, and before expiring my pass, i am travelling out of Singapore for 3 days, coming back before my pass expires. My question is will i get 30 more days to stay in SG?
How can i stay in SG for a longer time, that is more than 1 month, without leaving the country? Kindly advise. Thanks! :???:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Stay in SG for long on visit pass

Post by JR8 » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 3:43 am

Some of it depends on your profile:
Nationality, occupation, age, purpose of visit. Where you will be staying. Frequency/duration of previous visits. And so on.

Most tourists stay on average 2.5 days. So to renew a 30 day SVP I think you need to have clear and convincing reasons why you are so different from the average visitor. And be aware the suggested 3 day side-trip to seek to renew your SVP on re-entry can be a high-risk thing to do [x-ref to the paragraph above]. Basically it's pretty desperate and a bad idea, and against the spirit of the rules.

As an alternative you might be able to apply for: http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... &secid=178
'Extend your short-term visit pass'.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard