Singapore Expats

what should i do?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: what should i do?

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:50 am

pattykhan1 wrote:I am really stressed with my job. I want to go back to my home country. I cannot resign if so have to pay 7k$ . What if i go back and submit a medical?
you have to pay 7K to whom?? can you elaborate a bit more on your circumstances?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

pattykhan1

Post by pattykhan1 » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:54 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
pattykhan1 wrote:I am really stressed with my job. I want to go back to my home country. I cannot resign if so have to pay 7k$ . What if i go back and submit a medical?
you have to pay 7K to whom?? can you elaborate a bit more on your circumstances?
I have to pay my agent if i submit my resignation.its in the contract. What if i go back to my country will they chase me?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 11:04 am

pattykhan1 wrote:
I have to pay my agent if i submit my resignation.its in the contract. What if i go back to my country will they chase me?
what is exactly in the contract ? does it state that if you resign you have to pay? or does it apply if they fire you ?

pattykhan1

Post by pattykhan1 » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 11:22 am

pattykhan1 wrote:
what is exactly in the contract ? does it state that if you resign you have to pay? or does it apply if they fire you ?
It clearly says in contract if resign i must give 2months notice + 12% of annual salary(7k)

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 11:25 am

pattykhan1 wrote:
pattykhan1 wrote:
It clearly says in contract if resign i must give 2months notice + 12% of annual salary(7k)
make them fire you instead.. :cool:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 12:37 pm

:mrgreen: Image
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 5:06 pm

The advice is probably good, but you have to be careful. If there will be some gross negligence on your side leading to damages for the company, it may cost you more money they if you had resigned.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 5:26 pm

Tell you what, take your hairy balls and put them on the table, they'll fire your ass, but at least you showed them you had the balls.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 5:51 pm

They will call the police and he will be arrested for some kind of office outrage of modesty.

I don't want to give any more detailed advice because we know only one side of the story, actually know nothing at all.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 7:00 pm

x9200 wrote:They will call the police and he will be arrested for some kind of office outrage of modesty.
Charges will be under Miscellaneous Offenses, Indecent Exposure !!!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 7:10 pm

ecureilx wrote:
x9200 wrote:They will call the police and he will be arrested for some kind of office outrage of modesty.
Depends who will be at the table and how close to the hairy balls IMO but it doesn't matter that much, does it?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 7:20 pm

x9200 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Depends who will be at the table and how close to the hairy balls IMO but it doesn't matter that much, does it?
Ah, it does matter, in a way :D

Indecent exposure results in warning/fine/jail.

Outrage of modesty results in above plus caning.

Or so I remember ;)

but the nett results gonna be more or less the same.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 7:44 pm

pattykhan1 wrote:
I would see a solicitor (lawyer). I'm pretty certain this sorts of conditions are not enforceable and I've helped someone else in this type of case case. Basically you find a solicitor - show them the contract - pay a little money - run away home and then have the solicitor respond to their demand letter. It won't go any further.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!