Singapore Expats

Working on a DP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Pinshot

Working on a DP

Post by Pinshot » Thu, 10 Mar 2016 6:06 pm

My wife will join me in Singapore after we are married soon. I move there in a month and we marry in the UK the following month. She will relocate in July and obtain a DP. I am on EP.

I understand she can work with a Letter of Consent. Does anyone have more info on this process? The prospective employer applies for it free of charge, i know this, however i want to know if she should expect to come up against obstacles or complications with the LOC process.

Thanks in advance!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Working on a DP

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Mar 2016 6:30 pm

Teaching potential employers about the LoC is the biggest hurdle as most don't know anything about it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Pinshot

Post by Pinshot » Thu, 10 Mar 2016 7:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Teaching potential employers about the LoC is the biggest hurdle as most don't know anything about it.
Something told me that this would be the case as i have spoken to people at work and they seem blind to it despite actually living in Singapore.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:23 pm

The other obstacle is that since the LOC is tied to someone else's EP, it is terminated at the same time an EP is.

yeshah02

Post by yeshah02 » Sat, 12 Mar 2016 10:03 am

LOC for DP holders is no longer exist,the mom rule has changed,only spouse of Singapore citizen and PR holding long term pass and longterm visit pass plus can get LOC,for Dp holders company have to apply work passes.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Mar 2016 11:48 am

When did it change and please provide the link. - moderator

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... of-consent
Letter of Consent
You can apply for a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if you are an eligible Dependant's Pass holder, or an LTVP or LTVP+ holder married to a Singaporean or permanent resident.

Key facts

Get an overview and key facts about the Letter of Consent for Dependant's Pass holder, or an LTVP or LTVP+ holder married to a Singaporean or permanent resident to work in Singapore.

Find out key facts about the pass:

Who it is for Eligible LTVP/LTVP+ holders and Dependant's Pass holders who want to work in Singapore.
Who can apply An employer or appointed employment agent needs to apply for the Letter of Consent.
Is it renewable
Yes. Find out how to renew.
Foreign worker levy or quota No foreign worker levy or quota required.

Last Updated: 6 January 2016
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yeshah02

Post by yeshah02 » Sat, 12 Mar 2016 3:15 pm

Note: If you are a dependant of an S Pass holder, you should apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Passinstead.

Who can apply

The employer or appointed employment agent can apply for the Letter of Consent. You can only begin working after the employer has received the LOC.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Mar 2016 4:13 pm

yeasah02, that is why it says "eligible" Dependent Pass Holder. #-o

yeshah02

Post by yeshah02 » Sun, 13 Mar 2016 1:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:yeasah02, that is why it says "eligible" Dependent Pass Holder. #-o
Hi just added info only...hehe

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Mar 2016 6:59 pm

:???: What info did you add that wasn't already there?

senug

Post by senug » Tue, 05 Apr 2016 11:44 am

yeshah02 wrote:LOC for DP holders is no longer exist,the mom rule has changed,only spouse of Singapore citizen and PR holding long term pass and longterm visit pass plus can get LOC,for Dp holders company have to apply work passes.
you scared the hell out of me yeshah02!! [-X :shock:

Hidy Ho
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Hidy Ho » Wed, 06 Apr 2016 6:14 pm

yeshah02 wrote:Hi just added info only...hehe
Are you one of those people who can't admit being wrong or making a mistake?

You made a fairly damning stance on LoC for DP and have been called out for clarification. Don't hide behind hehe, haha, lah or lols.