Singapore Expats

Local schools for foreigner

Interested to get your child into a local Primary School? Discuss the opportunities here.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Local schools for foreigner

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Jan 2021 12:41 pm

Unfortunately, I think the chances are very slim. And even so, if your child does gain admission into a local school, it will probably be one of the less reputable, less popular options among locals (hence the vacancies). You can pretty much forget about the name brand schools like RGPS, MGS, or NYPS. These schools almost exclusively accept locals.

Sensei Michael
Regular
Regular

Post by Sensei Michael » Mon, 18 Jan 2021 12:55 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 18 Jan 2021 12:41 pm
Unfortunately, I think the chances are very slim. And even so, if your child does gain admission into a local school, it will probably be one of the less reputable, less popular options among locals (hence the vacancies). You can pretty much forget about the name brand schools like RGPS, MGS, or NYPS. These schools almost exclusively accept locals.
It is not true that the schools exclusively accept locals. The problem with gaining admission to them via AEIS is that there is no longer any vacancies (all taken up in the PSLE JAE) by the time the AEIS students want to try. Foreigners who scored well for PSLE do gain admission to these schools via the JAE.
In the field of education since 1999. Principal: Frankel Tutors Pte Ltd

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 18 Jan 2021 8:13 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 18 Jan 2021 12:41 pm
No quite - some of them like ACS and Barker and SJI have started programs under IB for full fee paying international students.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!