Singapore Expats

Change of Residential Address(SG-Johor Bahru)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lolz10

Change of Residential Address(SG-Johor Bahru)

Post by lolz10 » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 9:56 am

Dear All,

Previously after done my PR formalities and arranged time for IC collection, I have moved out to Johor Bahru from Singapore. I have tried called ICA and ICA asked me to email them to request for changing address. First attempt, ICA informed that I have mistyped my info in email that caused them unable to proceed and ask me to provide information, there goes my 2nd attempt via email. So far no respond from ICA yet.

Today, I have just collected the IC and the address is still Singapore address, which means it has not changed yet.

So here's the question:
- What should I do if ICA informed they have changed my address to Johor Bahru? Do I need to go back to ICA for changing card or??

Appreciated if someone can help out.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Change of Residential Address(SG-Johor Bahru)

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 10:46 am

How can you be a PERMANENT RESIDENT living in JB?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 10:52 am

lolz10 wrote:Dear All,

Previously after done my PR formalities and arranged time for IC collection, I have moved out to Johor Bahru from Singapore. I have tried called ICA and ICA asked me to email them to request for changing address. First attempt, ICA informed that I have mistyped my info in email that caused them unable to proceed and ask me to provide information, there goes my 2nd attempt via email. So far no respond from ICA yet.

Today, I have just collected the IC and the address is still Singapore address, which means it has not changed yet.

So here's the question:
- What should I do if ICA informed they have changed my address to Johor Bahru? Do I need to go back to ICA for changing card or??

It can't be an overseas address, if I recall. If you try to use a fake Singapore address, here's the catch.

Under the National Registration Act, an Identity Card (NRIC) holder is required to report the change of his residential address within 28 days.

In such cases, if the NRIC-holder is not in fact living at that address, he is liable to be punished under the National Registration Act for falsely reporting an address.

The penalty for not reporting or falsely reporting an address is a fine not exceeding $5,000 or a jail term not exceeding five years, or both.

The ICA will not hesitate to investigate or take action under the law should there be any suspicion of criminal wrongdoing.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 11:37 am

Cancel your PR.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 11:47 am

PNGMK wrote:Cancel your PR.
100% True !!!!!

Lolz10- you are a Malaysian right ?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 12:01 pm

lolz10 wrote:Dear All,

So here's the question:

How the hell did you even get PR?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 12:02 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:How the hell did you even get PR?
Probably with a local Address, at the time of application.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 1:38 pm

10:1 did this to get his kids into school and never had intention of living in Singapore permanently. It's these scumbags who stuff it up for everyone else.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 3:04 pm

OP probably stayed in Singapore during the whole PR application and moved out after his application received principle approval.

Anyway you can change your address at any police station. They will print a sticker and stick over your "old" address. Bring a proof of new address (latest phone bills to your new address in JB).

Whether your JB address is allowed or not on your shiny blue card, that's another topic. But I bet my dollar that our SPF will be sneering at you and your JB address as a PR, and probably make your 30-minute trip to change your address a nightmare - for good reason.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 5:01 pm

I have friends who moved across the causeway. Still work in Sg, just live in Johor. An enviable lifestyle, if it wasn't for the commute. They maybe PR, more likely EP.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Change of Residential Address(SG-Johor Bahru)

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 5:14 pm

bgd wrote:I have friends who moved across the causeway. Still work in Sg, just live in Johor. An enviable lifestyle, if it wasn't for the commute. They maybe PR, more likely EP.
If they are PR, maybe they are using somebody's local address... that's a wild guess.

lolz10

Post by lolz10 » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 5:25 pm

First of all, I have been working in Singapore and staying in Singapore since 2012.
I am moving out to JB is because of my family. My wife has been transferred to work in JB from KL. With this situation, to save rental fee, I choose to move out to JB and travel in and out Singapore. (We just got married less than a year anyway :) )
The local address given is my relative's house just FYI.
I can travel to the house if there's any important letter but only time consuming. Therefore, I would like to change the residential address. Is that wrong by all mean?
Last edited by lolz10 on Wed, 09 Mar 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolz10

Post by lolz10 » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 5:31 pm

And yes, not staying in Singapore doesn't mean I'm not working in Singapore. I am Malaysian anyway in reply to ecureilx. I can't get you all to step in my shoes as everyone has own perceptions but there is one thing everyone does.
Everyone is trying to give the best for family.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 6:03 pm

How is your English? Do you have any idea what "Permanent Resident" means? Or how about "Resident".
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: RE: Re: Change of Residential Address(SG-Johor Bahru)

Post by bgd » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 6:13 pm

ecureilx wrote:
bgd wrote:I have friends who moved across the causeway. Still work in Sg, just live in Johor. An enviable lifestyle, if it wasn't for the commute. They maybe PR, more likely EP.
If they are PR, maybe they are using somebody's local address... that's a wild guess.
I really don't know. If I come across them again I will find out more details.