Singapore Expats Forum

Random thoughts thread

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: Random thoughts thread

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 09 May 2016 9:04 pm

so i decided to visit the dentist today in Bangkok while im here to have my teeth cleaned, and then i thought why not have an x-ray taken, and then the dentist suggested i do an x ray and check the health of all my teeth, and it literally a pandoras box lol, she found 11 things wrong with my teeth, which was actually in a way good to know because doing all things she found in Singapore would have cost an arm and a leg. so in the end to fix everything she quoted 23,000 THB equivalent to around 983SGD, i remember a dentist in Q&M asking for 2800 for a root canal alone lol, in comparison this looks quite a bargain, so out of the 11 i'm going to do seven of those this week and then on my next trip there, do the rest. Did i mention all the women in the clinic are women and they are all so beautiful and qualified too. If anyone's interested I can PM the details of the place.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 09 May 2016 9:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 09 May 2016 9:41 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:Did i mention all the women in the clinic are women

Are you sure? Thai surgeons are arguably some of the best in the world. :P

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 09 May 2016 10:06 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:so i decided to visit the dentist today in Bangkok while im here to have my teeth cleaned, and then i thought why not have an x-ray taken, and then the dentist suggested i do an x ray and check the health of all my teeth, and it literally a pandoras box lol, she found 11 things wrong with my teeth, which was actually in a way good to know because doing all things she found in Singapore would have cost an arm and a leg. so in the end to fix everything she quoted 23,000 THB equivalent to around 983SGD, i remember a dentist in Q&M asking for 2800 for a root canal alone lol, in comparison this looks quite a bargain, so out of the 11 i'm going to do seven of those this week and then on my next trip there, do the rest. Did i mention all the women in the clinic are women and they are all so beautiful and qualified too. If anyone's interested I can PM the details of the place.

Sounds a lot like the Singapore aircon guys... comes to your house to clean aircon filters... finds leaks, needs top up, needs chemical cleaning, needs major adjustment. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 May 2016 10:57 pm

nakatago wrote:

But the procedures were created right here in Singapore by Doctor S S Ratnam who was the head of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at NUH. This was way back in 1971. He was, in the 1980's considered one of the foremost Doctor/Professors in his field. He also created the first successful IVF programme in East Asia. I have met the man as he was my wife's Gynae during her first pregnancy. He passed away in 2001.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 09 May 2016 11:30 pm

nakatago wrote:

:lol: thanks for picking on the only typo i made in that post

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 09 May 2016 11:32 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:so i decided to visit the dentist today in Bangkok while im here to have my teeth cleaned, and then i thought why not have an x-ray taken, and then the dentist suggested i do an x ray and check the health of all my teeth, and it literally a pandoras box lol, she found 11 things wrong with my teeth, which was actually in a way good to know because doing all things she found in Singapore would have cost an arm and a leg. so in the end to fix everything she quoted 23,000 THB equivalent to around 983SGD, i remember a dentist in Q&M asking for 2800 for a root canal alone lol, in comparison this looks quite a bargain, so out of the 11 i'm going to do seven of those this week and then on my next trip there, do the rest. Did i mention all the women in the clinic are women and they are all so beautiful and qualified too. If anyone's interested I can PM the details of the place.

Sounds a lot like the Singapore aircon guys... comes to your house to clean aircon filters... finds leaks, needs top up, needs chemical cleaning, needs major adjustment. :)

haha it was anything but, we had a calm half an hour discussion, the pros, cons explained using x-rays she took and outlined the best manner to tackle the procedures and finally a quote and a breakdown of various costs.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 09 May 2016 11:34 pm

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 10 May 2016 6:23 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nakatago wrote:

But the procedures were created right here in Singapore by Doctor S S Ratnam who was the head of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at NUH. This was way back in 1971. He was, in the 1980's considered one of the foremost Doctor/Professors in his field. He also created the first successful IVF programme in East Asia.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 10 May 2016 7:09 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nakatago wrote:

But the procedures were created right here in Singapore by Doctor S S Ratnam who was the head of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at NUH. This was way back in 1971. He was, in the 1980's considered one of the foremost Doctor/Professors in his field. He also created the first successful IVF programme in East Asia. I have met the man as he was my wife's Gynae during her first pregnancy. He passed away in 2001.

The toughest part of the procedure is not turning a penis into a vagina but rather removing half the brain.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 10 May 2016 9:39 pm

i just finished 3/11 dental procedures, amazing i went to sleep on the chair.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 10 May 2016 10:34 pm

Was she that comforting and gentle? ;)
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 11 May 2016 3:37 am

'Budweiser, a Brand Owned by a Belgian-Brazilian Conglomerate, to Rename Itself “America”
The Belgian-Brazilian Conglomerate that owns Budweiser will help “Make America Great” again by renaming Budweiser to “America”.'

https://mishtalk.com/2016/05/10/budweis ... f-america/

'Mmmm... Me so Klassy!'
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 11 May 2016 7:08 am

JR8 wrote:'Budweiser, a Brand Owned by a Belgian-Brazilian Conglomerate, to Rename Itself “America”
The Belgian-Brazilian Conglomerate that owns Budweiser will help “Make America Great” again by renaming Budweiser to “America”.'

https://mishtalk.com/2016/05/10/budweis ... f-america/

'Mmmm... Me so Klassy!'

They screwed it up... needs to be "Murica"!

x9200

Postby x9200 » Wed, 11 May 2016 7:09 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:haha it was anything but, we had a calm half an hour discussion, the pros, cons explained using x-rays she took and outlined the best manner to tackle the procedures and finally a quote and a breakdown of various costs.

And you are absolutely positive it was your x-ray? You know, it is pretty easy to be deceived.
(starting around the 3rd minute)

rajagainstthemachine wrote:i just finished 3/11 dental procedures, amazing i went to sleep on the chair.

Healing healthy teeth may work out pretty good results for the problems claimed but never existed.
Obviously the procedures in such cases can be also less invasive and because of this, less disturbing.