Singapore Expats Forum

Any reviews on iasg ? Immigration sg consultants

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Strong Eagle

Re: Any reviews on iasg ? Immigration sg consultants

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 17 Aug 2018 9:56 pm

As you stated, "There is no objective way to verify that [added value]", so how can you tell if anyone's outcome has been "positively influenced"? There are four potential scenarios that you need to account for.

• Applied, successful, immigration consultant used.
  • Applied, successful, immigration consultant NOT used.
  • Applied, NOT successful, immigration consultant used.
  • Applied, NOT successful, immigration consultant NOT used.

Now, let's say you get a large enough sample of responses to be statistically useful. You are able to take the responses and put them into one of the four categories above. Now what new information do you know about immigration consultants?

Absolutely nothing. Why is that? Because not a single respondent in your survey knows whether or not the immigration consultant made a difference. All they can is make a wild ass guess.

Did they use a consultant and get rejected (we've got several posts on this board of exactly that scenario... a poster wondering why they paid all that money to a consultant who advertises a "90 percent success rate", only to get the kiss of death letter).

The failed applicant will tell you the consultant screwed them. Is that to be believed? Or was the applicant an Indian with a phony degree from a "reputed" university, with five breaks in employment, who went back to India each time when his wife had a baby, and, oh, by the way, no, he didn't include his sons in the application because he didn't want them to do NS... things he didn't happen to mention to you when you asked. So... what do you know?

There is a big difference between applying for a B school and for PR. Your cover letter doesn't mean a thing. Nor does the fact that you joined a community association or gave blood. I suggest that if you think immigration consultants are not a scam that you hire one, then let us know if they made a difference or not... and how you know that.

Rahul1988

Postby Rahul1988 » Fri, 17 Aug 2018 10:46 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:As you stated, "There is no objective way to verify that [added value]", so how can you tell if anyone's outcome has been "positively influenced"? There are four potential scenarios that you need to account for.

• Applied, successful, immigration consultant used.
  • Applied, successful, immigration consultant NOT used.
  • Applied, NOT successful, immigration consultant used.
  • Applied, NOT successful, immigration consultant NOT used.

Now, let's say you get a large enough sample of responses to be statistically useful. You are able to take the responses and put them into one of the four categories above. Now what new information do you know about immigration consultants?

Absolutely nothing. Why is that? Because not a single respondent in your survey knows whether or not the immigration consultant made a difference. All they can is make a wild ass guess.

Did they use a consultant and get rejected (we've got several posts on this board of exactly that scenario... a poster wondering why they paid all that money to a consultant who advertises a "90 percent success rate", only to get the kiss of death letter).

The failed applicant will tell you the consultant screwed them. Is that to be believed? Or was the applicant an Indian with a phony degree from a "reputed" university, with five breaks in employment, who went back to India each time when his wife had a baby, and, oh, by the way, no, he didn't include his sons in the application because he didn't want them to do NS... things he didn't happen to mention to you when you asked. So... what do you know?

There is a big difference between applying for a B school and for PR. Your cover letter doesn't mean a thing. Nor does the fact that you joined a community association or gave blood. I suggest that if you think immigration consultants are not a scam that you hire one, then let us know if they made a difference or not... and how you know that.
Thanks. I got the message based on the responses I am getting that i should not be asking questions which cant be objectively and statistically proven. This forum is not a place where the 'does this feel right' questions can be asked. And if i ask something, i need to justify why i asked and what would i do with the answer. Apologies i joined only yesterday and did not know the rules of this forum. Thanks everyone for taking time out to address my query.

However just in case someone actually went through a consultant, can you pls private message me? Coz only those who are in a situation understand what ut is like to be in it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Aug 2018 12:02 pm

This one is as dumb as a shucked oyster. We're trying to save you a ton of money that is going to just be wasted (whether successful or not it's still wasted as the results will still be the same) and you just want to get antsy and get your panties in a bunch. Please, go spend your money. We have plenty of posters here who know they are not having smoke blown up their arses here but get the straight poop, distasteful or not. Forums are not good places to get confirmation of preconceived answers. The truth is usually a wee be harder to stomach when your mind is already made up.

Oh, the ones who used a consultant? Not likely cause if they made it, they wont know if it was them or the consultant who was successful (we already know). If they didn't make it, they are probably back in the subcontinent and blaming everybody except the right one which they could easily find, just by looking in the mirror. Good Luck, I feel you may need it.

Rahul1988

Postby Rahul1988 » Sat, 18 Aug 2018 6:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:This one is as dumb as a shucked oyster. We're trying to save you a ton of money that is going to just be wasted (whether successful or not it's still wasted as the results will still be the same) and you just want to get antsy and get your panties in a bunch. Please, go spend your money. We have plenty of posters here who know they are not having smoke blown up their arses here but get the straight poop, distasteful or not. Forums are not good places to get confirmation of preconceived answers. The truth is usually a wee be harder to stomach when your mind is already made up.

Oh, the ones who used a consultant? Not likely cause if they made it, they wont know if it was them or the consultant who was successful (we already know). If they didn't make it, they are probably back in the subcontinent and blaming everybody except the right one which they could easily find, just by looking in the mirror. Good Luck, I feel you may need it.
Apologies, this is a very one sided forum. There are certain god gifted know all people here who use unparliamentary language. I rest my case and would like to speak to someone who has gone through the consultants on private message please.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Sat, 18 Aug 2018 7:27 pm

Rahul1988 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:This one is as dumb as a shucked oyster. We're trying to save you a ton of money that is going to just be wasted (whether successful or not it's still wasted as the results will still be the same) and you just want to get antsy and get your panties in a bunch. Please, go spend your money. We have plenty of posters here who know they are not having smoke blown up their arses here but get the straight poop, distasteful or not. Forums are not good places to get confirmation of preconceived answers. The truth is usually a wee be harder to stomach when your mind is already made up.

Apologies, this is a very one sided forum. There are certain god gifted know all people here who use unparliamentary language. I rest my case and would like to speak to someone who has gone through the consultants on private message please.

Trust me, I was in the same position as you probably 8 years ago. But all the people here in the forum are trying to help you so that you dont waste money.

Even if you are going to an immigration consultant, who says he/she worked for ICA before, please note that their nature of the job would prohibit them from disclosing PR criteria or selection information to anyone.

Secondly, if they are ex ICA employees, many things have changed now and what they tell you may still not be the latest information.

So, the best thing to do, is to fill up your application clearly, add additional documents and with a cover letter on why you need PR and submit it to ICA.

FYI, I went to an immigration consultant 2 times for PR Appeal and the results that came from ICA were still the same. No change.

I waited for another 2 years and applied on my own, and I had it approved the same time.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BBCDoc » Sat, 18 Aug 2018 10:14 pm

How would you know the PMs you would be receiving are not from their shills?

What if 5 people wrote to you to say it worked, they now have PR. Nobody is going to give you 100% transparency into their life and application. And not like you are going to be able to confirm anything with the ICA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Rahul1988

Postby Rahul1988 » Sun, 19 Aug 2018 3:28 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Rahul1988 wrote:

Trust me, I was in the same position as you probably 8 years ago. But all the people here in the forum are trying to help you so that you dont waste money.

Even if you are going to an immigration consultant, who says he/she worked for ICA before, please note that their nature of the job would prohibit them from disclosing PR criteria or selection information to anyone.

Secondly, if they are ex ICA employees, many things have changed now and what they tell you may still not be the latest information.

So, the best thing to do, is to fill up your application clearly, add additional documents and with a cover letter on why you need PR and submit it to ICA.

FYI, I went to an immigration consultant 2 times for PR Appeal and the results that came from ICA were still the same. No change.

I waited for another 2 years and applied on my own, and I had it approved the same time.

Thank you. I guess you are right. My apprehension also had been whether these claimed ex ICA officers can really share what ICA is looking for, however you made a great point that either they may not be allowed to reveal or things might have changed by now.
I will try out the application myself. Any recommended format for the cover letter as in what all sub topics are worth talking about there ? Thanks so much.

Rahul1988

Postby Rahul1988 » Sun, 19 Aug 2018 3:29 pm

BBCDoc wrote:How would you know the PMs you would be receiving are not from their shills?

What if 5 people wrote to you to say it worked, they now have PR. Nobody is going to give you 100% transparency into their life and application. And not like you are going to be able to confirm anything with the ICA.

Good call. Thanks.

jay1979

Postby jay1979 » Sun, 19 Aug 2018 5:40 pm

I just re applied for my pr on my own. From the new pr application online you can’t upload anything extra then the documents they only require which translates to not interested in anything else except what they ask you on the form.

Good luck !

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 19 Aug 2018 11:43 pm

This! ^^^^^

Rahul1988

Postby Rahul1988 » Mon, 20 Aug 2018 1:31 am

jay1979 wrote:I just re applied for my pr on my own. From the new pr application online you can’t upload anything extra then the documents they only require which translates to not interested in anything else except what they ask you on the form.

Good luck !

Wow, are you serious? No option of additional docs and cover letter?

jay1979

Postby jay1979 » Mon, 20 Aug 2018 8:31 am

Rahul1988 wrote:
jay1979 wrote:I just re applied for my pr on my own. From the new pr application online you can’t upload anything extra then the documents they only require which translates to not interested in anything else except what they ask you on the form.

Good luck !

Wow, are you serious? No option of additional docs and cover letter?

Only what they need on the check list did not see any other options to upload anything else. I wrote a letter myself but chucked it in the bin after.