Singapore Expats Forum

Not good enough for pr...?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chanwaip

Re: Not good enough for pr...?

Postby chanwaip » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 10:22 am

singaporeflyer wrote:chanwaip, if you read through the below thread, most of the questions that you have asked, is answered

viewtopic.php?t=110492

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=110560&p=742074&hilit=annex+a#p742074

thanks singapore flyer.

alright last question i have a child from my ex wife, he is living with her overseas currently and i wont be applying pr for him

do i still need his passport, birth cert, educational cert

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 10:40 am

chanwaip wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:chanwaip, if you read through the below thread, most of the questions that you have asked, is answered

viewtopic.php?t=110492

thanks singapore flyer.

alright last question i have a child from my ex wife, he is living with her overseas currently and i wont be applying pr for him

All you would need is

Accompanying Notes to Form 4A - Item 7 (m)

Form 4A - Part D

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Postby BBCWatcher » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 12:14 pm

chanwaip wrote:i have read that ICa requires testimonials past employers stating designation, nature of job and last drawn basic salary.

Here's what they ask for: "Testimonials from previous employer stating the nature and duration of employment and also the last drawn basic salary." It's perfect Singlish, isn't it? :)

Literally ICA is asking for more than one (two, I suppose) testimonials from (a? the?) previous employer (singular). So you follow their instructions as best you can: a couple letters from a/the previous employer providing at least that information. Perhaps that's not what ICA meant, but I can't read ICA's minds any better than you can. ;) If you get two letters, each from a different previous employer, that's probably OK, too.

Now, if you can't get such letters, so be it, but do the best you can. Also, you're not required to suspend all common sense. If you've only had one job, then you have no previous employer, so no testimonials are required -- you don't need to get a letter from your mother. Likewise, if you've had the same job for 25 years (and counting) then I don't think ICA will need a letter from an employer you left so long ago.

firstly, i used to work in malaysia but that was more than 10 years ago, cant find any employment letter or all sorts and cant contact my employer.. is it ok if i do not include in my application form under "employment history"?

You must be truthful. Anything else is disqualifying or even criminal. Don't lie, don't obfuscate, don't hide, above all else.

That said, the Employment History section on the form only asks for the past 10 years of employment history. Thus if you left a job more than 10 years ago (from the date you submit your PR application), you do not have to include it in that section.

secondly, since they are asking for past testimonials and not the current one, i do not have to submit my letter of offer/appointment from my current company or is it better to submit one even though ICA doesnt require? (only asking for Annex A and 6 months payslip)

Provide what they ask for, which in the case of your current employer is Annex A. If your employer does not want to fill out Annex A for you, or provide you with a letter with substantially the same information, so be it, but you must try. The payslips should already be in your possession, so just provide those.

lastly, do I have to get my current employer to write some form a letter or testimonial about my current designation, job scope and salary or is it optional?

ICA doesn't appear to ask for such a letter anywhere, so it's optional.

chanwaip

Postby chanwaip » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 1:46 pm

chanwaip

Postby chanwaip » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 1:47 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
chanwaip wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=110492

thanks singapore flyer.

All you would need is

Accompanying Notes to Form 4A - Item 7 (m)

Form 4A - Part D

singaporeflyer pls dont slaughter me this is really the last question, in the event that i would like to apply pr for child (who was from previous marriage), i would then require his passport, birth cert, educational cert? or i still do not require those and just indicated "yes" for the "apply for PR" question on Part D

i have read somewhere hear that is it ok not to translate malaysian birth cert and malaysian educational cert, so is it ok not to translate it?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 2:10 pm

chanwaip wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
chanwaip wrote:singaporeflyer pls dont slaughter me this is really the last question, in the event that i would like to apply pr for child (who was from previous marriage), i would then require his passport, birth cert, educational cert? or i still do not require those and just indicated "yes" for the "apply for PR" question on Part D

I was just referring you to the document links that would directly explain and was not trying to discourage you. If you are applying for the child from the previous marriage, you would surely need the custodian papers, birth certificiate and passport (if you have) of the child .

i have read somewhere hear that is it ok not to translate malaysian birth cert and malaysian educational cert, so is it ok not to translate it?

I am not sure.

We are trying to help you here . Between, why is your previous post cleared?

chanwaip

Postby chanwaip » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 7:59 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
chanwaip wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

We are trying to help you here . Between, why is your previous post cleared?

sorry i quoted ur reply wrongly and the format got messed up but i couldnt delete the post so i re-quote again