Singapore Expats

Finally long waited PR approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Finally long waited PR approval

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 01 Mar 2016 10:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Where have you been for the past year? Outstation?
Was outstation for 4.5 months for an overseas assignment and then back. Work kept me busy the whole of last year :)

kingboy5303

Post by kingboy5303 » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 3:43 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
NewPR wrote:Hi app I just got my PR approved last Saturday wondering how long does it takes for the ica approval letter to reach me ?
It is usually very fast. Maximum time for the letter to reach your mailbox should be within a week. Congrats !
Hi, may I know how long have you been waiting for getting it approved? Thank you for sharing :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 3:50 pm

kingboy5303 wrote: Hi, may I know how long have you been waiting for getting it approved? Thank you for sharing :)
How is the reply for this question going to help? The approval time varies from one application to another.

kingboy5303

Post by kingboy5303 » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 3:57 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
kingboy5303 wrote: Hi, may I know how long have you been waiting for getting it approved? Thank you for sharing :)
How is the reply for this question going to help? The approval time varies from one application to another.
It is just for my curiosity. I have been waiting for almost 7 months but still under pending status :(

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 3:59 pm

kingboy5303 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
It is just for my curiosity. I have been waiting for almost 7 months but still under pending status :(
The processing time varies between 8 months - 1.5 years also.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 4:06 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:The processing time varies between 8 months - 1.5 years also.

And a longer processing time doesn't equate to approval :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 4:43 pm

ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:The processing time varies between 8 months - 1.5 years also.

And a longer processing time doesn't equate to approval :)
+1 . I do agree with the same.

watcher

Post by watcher » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 5:48 pm

How do you arrive at this "8 months - 1.5 years" time frame? The official time frame given by ICA is "4 - 6 months, with certain application requiring a longer processing time"

Unless you work for ICA, otherwise you probably get this time frame from the various users here who took the time to update on their outcome. So not too sure why you're discouraging such questions now.

Sure the anecdotal processing time revealed by the users here can't be verified and might even be fictitious, but I equally see no merit in you being critical to users who are curious about such matter. And, let's assume users have been reporting their application time frame truthfully, then it'd provide a useful gauge on the current PR application climate; albeit not definitive, but certainly a meaningful topic for further discussion on this forum, and elicit thoughtful response, I for one welcome such.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Finally long waited PR approval

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 5:59 pm

watcher wrote: How do you arrive at this "8 months - 1.5 years" time frame? The official time frame given by ICA is "4 - 6 months, with certain application requiring a longer processing time"
Nobody is discouraging nobody.

Post 2010 very very few applications had their outcomes confirmed in less than 6 months period. Pre 2010, 6 months waiting was considered long, and approvals or rejections used to be confirmed in 4 weeks or 6 weeks. Few of my colleagues got it approved in 3 weeks flat.

Most applicants we know, not just here, but also from friends, colleagues and social acquaintances has shown time frames now is between 6 month to 18 months. Anything less is an exception than the norm.

And a few of us in this forum have been in Singapore Long enough to have seen enough friends and colleagues take the PR toto. And some of us have wide social circles. Fyi.

If sharing such information is discouraging, please let the mods know so, so they can do something about it.
Last edited by ecureilx on Wed, 02 Mar 2016 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Finally long waited PR approval

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 6:02 pm

watcher wrote:Congrats on your PR approval! Do you mind revealing some basic info about yourself so that future readers here would be able to make an informed decision based on your profile?

e.g. race, age, type of passes, when did you apply, etc.
So future applicants can clone themselves as close as possible to the successful ones and then go on to fabricate additional credentials to beat the system ?
watcher wrote: Sure the anecdotal processing time revealed by the users here can't be verified and might even be fictitious..
And you expect the OP to be truthful to you ? ;) Image Image Image Image

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 6:33 pm

watcher wrote:
How do you arrive at this "8 months - 1.5 years" time frame? The official time frame given by ICA is "4 - 6 months, with certain application requiring a longer processing time"

Unless you work for ICA, otherwise you probably get this time frame from the various users here who took the time to update on their outcome. So not too sure why you're discouraging such questions now.
Nobody is discouraging anyone here. If you go by the 4-6 months time frame, then kingboy5303 must not have asked this question, as the official timeframe is already been made aware. Secondly, check what kingboy5303 said - pending for 7 months.
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Wed, 02 Mar 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 10:09 pm

watcher sounds like he's still in secondary school and on his daddy's computer trying to be somebody and failing miserably. But in reality, if his email address is anything to go by, he's probably a frustrated sub-con as well and doesn't like the answers he's hearing. I wonder how long he's been waiting. Or if he thinks he's about to lose his employment permit.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 11:04 pm

sharing here.
8 months since my application, going to 9th month.
few of my friends got it around 7th month ~ 8th month mark.
with exception theres one guy got it in his 3rd month.
all were graduates, 3 poly, 1 uni.
unless you can somehow relate.....

though i'm curious whether ienquiry will show the results first or the letter appear on my mailbox.

williamhuburn

Post by williamhuburn » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 11:49 pm

guys - i have read thru and understand one size doesn't fits all but still any personal exp sharing would help
does applying PR for whole family (4) takes longer time than individual? like what i see for individuals its approx 7-9 months in general
any exp here for those with families in recent SG climate

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 11:54 pm

i have read thru and understand one size doesn't fits all but still any personal exp sharing would help
How will it help, if I may be so bold and ask? If one tells you it took him 5 months and 3 tell you it took them 18 months and one said 23 months. How did that help? Because that's the range we have seen here. over the past 4 or 5 years since the 2011 GE. Prior to that it was 2 to 6 months only.

I have to ask. How many have you seen? You think you have seen more than the collective total of the many members of this forum? If so, why are you here, one might ask. Generally, the time frame is of little difference. How long is a piece of string? That's how long it takes.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers