Singapore Expats

PR application problem.. need advise

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tanwll

PR application problem.. need advise

Post by tanwll » Sat, 27 Feb 2016 7:56 pm

A little background about myself

- Currently an S pass holder
- Working for 2.5 years
- Income 2.4k basic before commission
- Born in Hongkong, came to SG to work
- I have a wife, 1 son and 1 daughter both are young, all of them are in from Hongkong and currently staying there
- I hope to bring my wife over and I want my children to live and study in Singapore

I hope to apply for PR for myself and my family but since there are not with me I cannot apply PR for them.

So I am thinking of applying PR for myself first and if miracle happens they decide to give approval then I can be a sponsor for my wife and children.

BUT the problem is..

Even when i am applying alone, I still need to include my wife's and children's details in the application form and also I am required to show my wife's and my children's original passports, birth certs, educational certs etc but they are overseas. Do they have to arrange a flight to fly over here to SG and bring their original documents to show ICA officer on the date of our appointment?

Or is there any other solution or advise for me? Cause I really want my wife and children to be here with me in SG.. even if they cant get a PR, what can I do to at least get them to stay here and for my children to study here with or without PR

Thanks everyone.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR application problem.. need advise

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 29 Feb 2016 9:48 am

tanwll wrote:A little background about myself

- Working for 2.5 years
- I have a wife, 1 son and 1 daughter both are young, all of them are in from Hongkong and currently staying there
- I hope to bring my wife over and I want my children to live and study in Singapore
At this current level (duration of stay, pass type,etc) with the details that you have mentioned above, the possibility of getting PR is going to be very tough. You may want to improve on your education/career levels to see if you can apply for it later.

I hope to apply for PR for myself and my family but since there are not with me I cannot apply PR for them.

So I am thinking of applying PR for myself first and if miracle happens they decide to give approval then I can be a sponsor for my wife and children.

BUT the problem is..

Even when i am applying alone, I still need to include my wife's and children's details in the application form and also I am required to show my wife's and my children's original passports, birth certs, educational certs etc but they are overseas. Do they have to arrange a flight to fly over here to SG and bring their original documents to show ICA officer on the date of our appointment?
They don't need to be physically here if you are NOT including them in the application. May be can you show ICA the original certificates/documents, if they ask.

Or is there any other solution or advise for me? Cause I really want my wife and children to be here with me in SG.. even if they cant get a PR, what can I do to at least get them to stay here and for my children to study here with or without PR
You can see what is the criteria for sponsoring wife/children under dependant's pass by MOM. That is the only way, you can qualify to get them here to stay with you.
Thanks everyone.

tanwll

Re: PR application problem.. need advise

Post by tanwll » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 12:56 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
tanwll wrote:A little background about myself

- Working for 2.5 years
At this current level (duration of stay, pass type,etc) with the details that you have mentioned above, the possibility of getting PR is going to be very tough. You may want to improve on your education/career levels to see if you can apply for it later.

BUT the problem is..

They don't need to be physically here if you are NOT including them in the application. May be can you show ICA the original certificates/documents, if they ask.

You can see what is the criteria for sponsoring wife/children under dependant's pass by MOM. That is the only way, you can qualify to get them here to stay with you.
Thanks everyone.
do my wife and child need to be physically here during ICA appointment if i'm applying PR for them?