Singapore Expats Forum

PR application experts please help!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sivabala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 26 Feb 2016

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sivabala » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 9:33 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sivabala wrote:hello singaporeflyer thanks fr ur reply. i have tried to read as much as i can at this forum but couldnt find most answers.


The answers are there and been asked a dozen times .. you gotta read up with a bit of patience. No offense.

most impt question i wish to knw, is it necessary for wife to be an ep or sp holder if i want to apply with her.. me being the main applicant.. ? if cant, i should apply alone and get pr first and then be a sponsor for wife and baby?


Again, you should apply as whole family, regardless of the wife's status.

Let me guess, you are from the Sub Continent and you are hedging your bets, smartly, so you can have an escape route. Regardless whether that's your real intention or not, that's how ICA will see it.

Good luck- I am sure I can see what you will do next - apply - skipping your dependents ;)


is it okay to provide system-generated payslips? they do not have signature. do i have to get HR to stamp on it or i dont?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 9:37 pm

sivabala wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
sivabala wrote:hello singaporeflyer thanks fr ur reply. i have tried to read as much as i can at this forum but couldnt find most answers.


The answers are there and been asked a dozen times .. you gotta read up with a bit of patience. No offense.

most impt question i wish to knw, is it necessary for wife to be an ep or sp holder if i want to apply with her.. me being the main applicant.. ? if cant, i should apply alone and get pr first and then be a sponsor for wife and baby?


Again, you should apply as whole family, regardless of the wife's status.

Let me guess, you are from the Sub Continent and you are hedging your bets, smartly, so you can have an escape route. Regardless whether that's your real intention or not, that's how ICA will see it.

Good luck- I am sure I can see what you will do next - apply - skipping your dependents ;)


is it okay to provide system-generated payslips? they do not have signature. do i have to get HR to stamp on it or i dont?


System generated Payslips are OK. if ICA needs more information they would ask you.

sarahlee88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 03 Mar 2016

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sarahlee88 » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 10:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
sivabala wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
The answers are there and been asked a dozen times .. you gotta read up with a bit of patience. No offense.



Again, you should apply as whole family, regardless of the wife's status.

Let me guess, you are from the Sub Continent and you are hedging your bets, smartly, so you can have an escape route. Regardless whether that's your real intention or not, that's how ICA will see it.

Good luck- I am sure I can see what you will do next - apply - skipping your dependents ;)


is it okay to provide system-generated payslips? they do not have signature. do i have to get HR to stamp on it or i dont?


System generated Payslips are OK. if ICA needs more information they would ask you.


ok so i can just print it out without any company stamp or anything right?

i need to photocopy it as well? even though its system generated

sarahlee88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 03 Mar 2016

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sarahlee88 » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 10:00 pm

sarahlee88 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
sivabala wrote:
is it okay to provide system-generated payslips? they do not have signature. do i have to get HR to stamp on it or i dont?


System generated Payslips are OK. if ICA needs more information they would ask you.


ok so i can just print it out without any company stamp or anything right?

i need to photocopy it as well? even though its system generated


I am wondering the same as sivabala whether i would need to photocopy (:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 10:03 pm

Think about it. Do you give them an original copy to potentially lose or do you give them a photocopy of the original and keep the original with the rest of your 'forever' documents. :-k

sivabala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 26 Feb 2016

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sivabala » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 10:08 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
sivabala wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
The answers are there and been asked a dozen times .. you gotta read up with a bit of patience. No offense.



Again, you should apply as whole family, regardless of the wife's status.

Let me guess, you are from the Sub Continent and you are hedging your bets, smartly, so you can have an escape route. Regardless whether that's your real intention or not, that's how ICA will see it.

Good luck- I am sure I can see what you will do next - apply - skipping your dependents ;)


is it okay to provide system-generated payslips? they do not have signature. do i have to get HR to stamp on it or i dont?


System generated Payslips are OK. if ICA needs more information they would ask you.


singaporeflyer thank u

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 5:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Think about it. Do you give them an original copy to potentially lose or do you give them a photocopy of the original and keep the original with the rest of your 'forever' documents. :-k


My last 4 places had eHR, so you can print and reprint the payslips ;)

I thought eHR should be the norm for any medium sized company.

sgstrait
Regular
Regular
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat, 13 Jun 2015
Contact:

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sgstrait » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 6:03 pm

They accept unsigned computer generated slips for Singapore employers.

Sent from my bottom using High-Powered-Air[TRADE MARK SIGN]

sarahlee88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 03 Mar 2016

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sarahlee88 » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 8:29 pm

Hi.. I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for so here it goes. Maybe I didn't look hard enough....

Let's say that I wish to apply for PR with my future husband(If I have one). Both of us are working. He will be applying as the main applicant under PTS and will include me in his application to apply PR.

I understand that he will need the documents below (apart from passport, certs etc)

1) Notice of Income Tax Assessment for the last 3 years
2) Payslips for the last 6 months
3) and testimonials from previous employers


However, me as a spouse, do I require to produce the above documents? Even though I am applying as PR under him and I am working as well. Or my birth cert, education cert,passport and work pass would be suffice and I do not require such documents (mentioned above) that my husband does?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 08 Mar 2016 9:17 am

sarahlee88 wrote:Hi.. I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for so here it goes. Maybe I didn't look hard enough....

Let's say that I wish to apply for PR with my future husband(If I have one). Both of us are working. He will be applying as the main applicant under PTS and will include me in his application to apply PR.

I understand that he will need the documents below (apart from passport, certs etc)

1) Notice of Income Tax Assessment for the last 3 years
2) Payslips for the last 6 months
3) and testimonials from previous employers


However, me as a spouse, do I require to produce the above documents? Even though I am applying as PR under him and I am working as well. Or my birth cert, education cert,passport and work pass would be suffice and I do not require such documents (mentioned above) that my husband does?


Well, talk about being kiasu :D No offense.

you are asking about a scenario that may happen 5 or 10 years later ..

It may be like at that time, many moons ago, when ICA blindly give PR / SC to spouse of PR applicants, not even asking much info. When only the primary applicant was scrutinised very closely. The family was just added with no questions. And marrying an SC/PR was guaranteed to get you PR at the minimum, super fast.

Or 5 or 10 years later, ICA may ask you to produce your degree transcript, all employment details,copies of all pages of the passport, all duly authenticated, your parents birth certificates, their time of birth, horoscope and more .. Who knows. And may be add in 3 years bank statements, and all travels details and what not.

Or even worse, a-la Malaysia, marrying X race will get you all privileges, marrying into other races may see you spend 10 years on Social Visa.

So, to answer your question, I don't think you should fret needlessly.

And, as of now, if Spouse is applying for PR for his spouse as well, the ICA folks will ask if the wife is employed. And if the wife is employed, they will ask for pay slip (and being employed and producing pay slips only strengthen your application).

And, if you do not have the pay slips, most likely ICA Will say "come back with the pay slips .. "

That's what I have seen ..

Your experience may vary.

PS, as an example, 10 ++ years ago, for SC application, applicants had to produce all passports, current and expired. With copies of the details pages. Now, they just ask you to declare in the form.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests