Singapore Expats Forum

PR application experts please help!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sivabala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 26 Feb 2016

PR application experts please help!

Postby sivabala » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:20 am

hi everyone, i hope to apply for PR but i wish to clarify some stuffs please help if u're knowledgeable about applying for PR i would really appreciate

1. im a SP holder, wish to apply for PR with wife and baby but wife not working now as she is a housewife. can i still apply together with wife even though shes neither an SP nor EP holder now. if wife education is just diploma or lower, will it affect the chances of approval? or ICA will only prefer housewife with degree and above?


i heard that there are some who apply for PR for themselves first and once approve, will then become sponsor for wife and baby.

so should i apply at my own merits first and then sponsor them once my PR is approve or apply as whole family would be better?


2. how long does one need to be staying in singapore in order to be able to apply for PR? both husband and wife must stay minimum 2 years? if not, what is the minimum?



3. If im applying with my wife and baby, is it compulsory for us to be married for at least 2 years then it will be a better chance for both of us? or 1 year plus is enough?


4. out of curiosity, how do people actually send their appeal letter? is it via email or send letter via mail to ICA address?



5. actually, for main applicatant (ep or sp holder), does it really matter if the spouse that he wishes to apply with doesnt have very good qualifications or on a LTVP ?




6. just for knowledge, is it okay if the husband apply PR without wife and child, usually what are the good reasons why the husband doesnt want to apply PR together as a family? do we have to explain to the ICA in a letter and submit together with applicatio to explain why the husband doesnt want to include

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:58 am

sivabala wrote:hi everyone, i hope to apply for PR but i wish to clarify some stuffs please help if u're knowledgeable about applying for PR i would really appreciate

1. im a SP holder, wish to apply for PR with wife and baby but wife not working now as she is a housewife. can i still apply together with wife even though shes neither an SP nor EP holder now. if wife education is just diploma or lower, will it affect the chances of approval? or ICA will only prefer housewife with degree and above?


i heard that there are some who apply for PR for themselves first and once approve, will then become sponsor for wife and baby.

so should i apply at my own merits first and then sponsor them once my PR is approve or apply as whole family would be better?


2. how long does one need to be staying in singapore in order to be able to apply for PR? both husband and wife must stay minimum 2 years? if not, what is the minimum?



3. If im applying with my wife and baby, is it compulsory for us to be married for at least 2 years then it will be a better chance for both of us? or 1 year plus is enough?


4. out of curiosity, how do people actually send their appeal letter? is it via email or send letter via mail to ICA address?



5. actually, for main applicatant (ep or sp holder), does it really matter if the spouse that he wishes to apply with doesnt have very good qualifications or on a LTVP ?




6. just for knowledge, is it okay if the husband apply PR without wife and child, usually what are the good reasons why the husband doesnt want to apply PR together as a family? do we have to explain to the ICA in a letter and submit together with applicatio to explain why the husband doesnt want to include


Appeal Letter - You can go to ICA and submit or send an email.
ICA, in the additional notes has asked for minimum 3 years of IRAS Tax slips. So it should be 3 years?

Kindly do a bit of reading on the PR application requirements. There is no answer available for most of the questions asked here regarding the chances, as no one would really know the answer.

sivabala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 26 Feb 2016

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sivabala » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 11:22 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
sivabala wrote:hi everyone, i hope to apply for PR but i wish to clarify some stuffs please help if u're knowledgeable about applying for PR i would really appreciate

1. im a SP holder, wish to apply for PR with wife and baby but wife not working now as she is a housewife. can i still apply together with wife even though shes neither an SP nor EP holder now. if wife education is just diploma or lower, will it affect the chances of approval? or ICA will only prefer housewife with degree and above?


i heard that there are some who apply for PR for themselves first and once approve, will then become sponsor for wife and baby.

so should i apply at my own merits first and then sponsor them once my PR is approve or apply as whole family would be better?


2. how long does one need to be staying in singapore in order to be able to apply for PR? both husband and wife must stay minimum 2 years? if not, what is the minimum?



3. If im applying with my wife and baby, is it compulsory for us to be married for at least 2 years then it will be a better chance for both of us? or 1 year plus is enough?


4. out of curiosity, how do people actually send their appeal letter? is it via email or send letter via mail to ICA address?



5. actually, for main applicatant (ep or sp holder), does it really matter if the spouse that he wishes to apply with doesnt have very good qualifications or on a LTVP ?




6. just for knowledge, is it okay if the husband apply PR without wife and child, usually what are the good reasons why the husband doesnt want to apply PR together as a family? do we have to explain to the ICA in a letter and submit together with applicatio to explain why the husband doesnt want to include


Appeal Letter - You can go to ICA and submit or send an email.
ICA, in the additional notes has asked for minimum 3 years of IRAS Tax slips. So it should be 3 years?

Kindly do a bit of reading on the PR application requirements. There is no answer available for most of the questions asked here regarding the chances, as no one would really know the answer.


hello singaporeflyer thanks fr ur reply. i have tried to read as much as i can at this forum but couldnt find most answers.

most impt question i wish to knw, is it necessary for wife to be an ep or sp holder if i want to apply with her.. me being the main applicant.. ? if cant, i should apply alone and get pr first and then be a sponsor for wife and baby?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 11:36 am

Responses, to the best of my knowledge. And with a bit of time .. decided to reply :)

sivabala wrote:1. im a SP holder, wish to apply for PR with wife and baby but wife not working now as she is a housewife. can i still apply together with wife even though shes neither an SP nor EP holder now. if wife education is just diploma or lower, will it affect the chances of approval? or ICA will only prefer housewife with degree and above?


Nobody knows, other than your race and country of birth plays a major part - that’s anecdotal evidence.

sivabala wrote:i heard that there are some who apply for PR for themselves first and once approve, will then become sponsor for wife and baby.


Those days are gone - as most got PR for themselves and kept the rest of the family on Dependant pass or Long term, so they can do a quick exit, to avoid NS and such.

You must submit all the kin’s details, regardless they are applying or not. If you say you only want for yourself, your winning chances drop by 50 %

sivabala wrote:so should i apply at my own merits first and then sponsor them once my PR is approve or apply as whole family would be better?


As above, you should apply for everybody

sivabala wrote:2. how long does one need to be staying in singapore in order to be able to apply for PR? both husband and wife must stay minimum 2 years? if not, what is the minimum?


3 years, to produce 3 years of Income Tax requirement. However if you are exceptionally talented, the 3 year rule may be overlooked.

sivabala wrote:3. If im applying with my wife and baby, is it compulsory for us to be married for at least 2 years then it will be a better chance for both of us? or 1 year plus is enough?


Not compulsory, though a longer marriage seems to jump through the obstacles faster


sivabala wrote:4. out of curiosity, how do people actually send their appeal letter? is it via email or send letter via mail to ICA address?


You only appeal if and when rejected. For Spouse of PR / SC, appeals can be submitted via MP. For others, unless you have a pressing need or reason, like your pay doubled or you invented something special which will change the future of Singapore, most appeals get put through the motion and results- don’t change.

sivabala wrote:5. actually, for main applicatant (ep or sp holder), does it really matter if the spouse that he wishes to apply with doesnt have very good qualifications or on a LTVP ?


Read my first reply.

sivabala wrote:6. just for knowledge, is it okay if the husband apply PR without wife and child, usually what are the good reasons why the husband doesnt want to apply PR together as a family? do we have to explain to the ICA in a letter and submit together with applicatio to explain why the husband doesnt want to include


You are tempting your luck.

If you ask the same question in 10 different ways, the answers are the same - if you don’t apply as a family - your chances go to near Zero.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 11:40 am

sivabala wrote:hello singaporeflyer thanks fr ur reply. i have tried to read as much as i can at this forum but couldnt find most answers.


The answers are there and been asked a dozen times .. you gotta read up with a bit of patience. No offense.

most impt question i wish to knw, is it necessary for wife to be an ep or sp holder if i want to apply with her.. me being the main applicant.. ? if cant, i should apply alone and get pr first and then be a sponsor for wife and baby?


Again, you should apply as whole family, regardless of the wife's status.

Let me guess, you are from the Sub Continent and you are hedging your bets, smartly, so you can have an escape route. Regardless whether that's your real intention or not, that's how ICA will see it.

Good luck- I am sure I can see what you will do next - apply - skipping your dependents ;)

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby x9200 » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 11:50 am

Reading between the lines your chances to get PR at this point are virtually zero. I am not saying zero, because we saw 2 unconfirmed miracles on this board that happened fairly recently. Personally I have some doubts whether they are factual or whether all the circumstances were given.

Is your wife in Singapore on any longer term pass, meaning DP?

sivabala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 26 Feb 2016

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sivabala » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:38 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sivabala wrote:hello singaporeflyer thanks fr ur reply. i have tried to read as much as i can at this forum but couldnt find most answers.


The answers are there and been asked a dozen times .. you gotta read up with a bit of patience. No offense.

most impt question i wish to knw, is it necessary for wife to be an ep or sp holder if i want to apply with her.. me being the main applicant.. ? if cant, i should apply alone and get pr first and then be a sponsor for wife and baby?


Again, you should apply as whole family, regardless of the wife's status.

Let me guess, you are from the Sub Continent and you are hedging your bets, smartly, so you can have an escape route. Regardless whether that's your real intention or not, that's how ICA will see it.

Good luck- I am sure I can see what you will do next - apply - skipping your dependents ;)


thks ecureilx for taking ur time to ans my qns. i am frm india. i really hope to apply with my wife and baby since my wife is not required to be a Ep or Sp holder in order to apply together with me.

sivabala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 26 Feb 2016

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sivabala » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:43 pm

x9200 wrote:Reading between the lines your chances to get PR at this point are virtually zero. I am not saying zero, because we saw 2 unconfirmed miracles on this board that happened fairly recently. Personally I have some doubts whether they are factual or whether all the circumstances were given.

Is your wife in Singapore on any longer term pass, meaning DP?


DP

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby x9200 » Fri, 26 Feb 2016 1:03 pm

If your wife is on DP, I don't think having her housewifeing is anything particularly bad but your race/ethnicity is a big negative factor. We've seen on this board many long working in SG Indians, with very reasonable salaries, male offspring ready to serve NS, applying as the whole families and with all this still being rejected. If additionally you work in Banking/IT industry, this would be another negative point.

Of course this may not stop you from trying, but with many weak points and the requirement of providing 3 annual tax assessments this may score as an additional bad point - you will be showing, you can not comprehend/follow simple instructions.

sgstrait
Regular
Regular
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat, 13 Jun 2015
Contact:

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sgstrait » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 11:32 am

x9200 wrote:If additionally you work in Banking/IT industry, this would be another negative point.


Out of curiosity, why is this? I thought banking and IT were critical industries that Singapore wants to lead as part of its drive to become more of a services-export led economy.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby x9200 » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 11:47 am

sgstrait wrote:
x9200 wrote:If additionally you work in Banking/IT industry, this would be another negative point.


Out of curiosity, why is this? I thought banking and IT were critical industries that Singapore wants to lead as part of its drive to become more of a services-export led economy.

Probably 2 of the most abused by the FT areas. FT who were hired for those industries seldom added any values to it them in an innovative sense. It could even be seen on this board how average (a complement) some if not most of them were.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 12:02 pm

x9200 wrote:Probably 2 of the most abused by the FT areas. FT who were hired for those industries seldom added any values to it them in an innovative sense. It could even be seen on this board how average (a complement) some if not most of them were.


I may have a different opinion. Based on ground opinion. And reading the local non-gov yarns.

Banking / Finance + Sub cons are seen as 'too many' and continued import of their own kind .. though SG Govt hoped there will be skill transfer, and made more local employees move into that sector.

10 years later, it has become more and more clear it is like a no-go zone any non-sub-cons, including non-Singaporeans, and the Sub-cons have been fiercely protecting that reputation, even in banks where SG invested heavily.

Nett result, recently a Govt Minister called Changi Business park as Changalore, and insisted it was in a humorous way, but the natives didn't miss the hidden sarcasm.

He went on to say this ..

"He said: “If the job doesn’t have much impact on the Singapore economy, and yet at the same time, very few Singaporeans are doing these jobs, then we might need to ask ourselves: Must we still keep these jobs? After all, you’re not creating jobs for my people, and you’re not making big impact on my economy. Why do I want you here?”

sgstrait
Regular
Regular
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat, 13 Jun 2015
Contact:

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby sgstrait » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 12:06 pm

Suspect cost is the reason. But with Singapore being a banking hub, you get huge capital inflows which basically drives the economy. Banks want cheaper costs hence they will want to employ the cheapest and most able. If banks disappear to say HK, then capital flows out too.

Sent from my bottom using High-Powered-Air[TRADE MARK SIGN]

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby x9200 » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 12:34 pm

ecureilx wrote:
x9200 wrote:Probably 2 of the most abused by the FT areas. FT who were hired for those industries seldom added any values to it them in an innovative sense. It could even be seen on this board how average (a complement) some if not most of them were.


I may have a different opinion. Based on ground opinion. And reading the local non-gov yarns.

Banking / Finance + Sub cons are seen as 'too many' and continued import of their own kind .. though SG Govt hoped there will be skill transfer, and made more local employees move into that sector.

10 years later, it has become more and more clear it is like a no-go zone any non-sub-cons, including non-Singaporeans, and the Sub-cons have been fiercely protecting that reputation, even in banks where SG invested heavily.

Nett result, recently a Govt Minister called Changi Business park as Changalore, and insisted it was in a humorous way, but the natives didn't miss the hidden sarcasm.

He went on to say this ..

"He said: “If the job doesn’t have much impact on the Singapore economy, and yet at the same time, very few Singaporeans are doing these jobs, then we might need to ask ourselves: Must we still keep these jobs? After all, you’re not creating jobs for my people, and you’re not making big impact on my economy. Why do I want you here?”

Yes, you may, but it looks you have the same.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application experts please help!

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 1:59 pm

x9200 wrote:Yes, you may, but it looks you have the same.


:P I was being a bit politically correct :P :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest