Singapore Expats Forum

PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rajswa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 25 Feb 2016

PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby rajswa » Thu, 25 Feb 2016 5:05 pm

Hi guys,

I applied recently PR for me 6 months back still pending.

Details as follows;

Nationality: Indian

Age: 28

Education: Master degree

Designation: Engineer

Work pass: Previously 1 year in EP now one year in S Pass

Staying duration: 2 years as of now

Salary: 4900sgd

Single.

What are the chances of approval. and when can I expect the result(I understand that normal waiting time is 4 to six months)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 25 Feb 2016 7:28 pm

Hi, Based on the information that you have provided and with only 2 years of work experience in Singapore, your chances would be very slim. Also, if you mean to say that you have changed from Employment Pass to S Pass, this would not be seen positively for the application. This is just my 2 cents. Good Luck !

User avatar
adriyunus.daniel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 22 Dec 2015

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby adriyunus.daniel » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 10:10 am

Hi,

My PR application (for me and my wife) is still pending after 9 months.
Normally how long will it take to get the result?
As additional info, 2 months ago, ICA asked me to submit my new EP, Employment Letter, and Annex A Form from the new employer when I changed job with higher salary.
I have been here for 5 years with EP.

My baby is on the way and due at the end of June. Hopefully I can get my PR before then.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 10:18 am

adriyunus.daniel wrote:Normally how long will it take to get the result?

We have seen the time taken to be between 8 - 18 months for the result. FYI,longer processing time does not mean that it would be a positive result.

User avatar
adriyunus.daniel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 22 Dec 2015

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby adriyunus.daniel » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 10:24 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
adriyunus.daniel wrote:Normally how long will it take to get the result?

We have seen the time taken to be between 8 - 18 months for the result. FYI,longer processing time does not mean that it would be a positive result.



Hi SingaporeFlyer,

Thanks for the info.
Let say ICA hasn't approved my PR after my baby is born, what should I do?
Can I submit my baby information to them to be included in the existing PR application?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 10:44 am

adriyunus.daniel wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
adriyunus.daniel wrote:Normally how long will it take to get the result?

Let say ICA hasn't approved my PR after my baby is born, what should I do?
Can I submit my baby information to them to be included in the existing PR application?


What Should I do?
Apply LTVP for your child

Can I submit my baby information to them to be included in the existing PR application?
Assuming it is approved, No. It has to be submitted as a new PR application where you will be the sponsor

User avatar
adriyunus.daniel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 22 Dec 2015

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby adriyunus.daniel » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 10:49 am

singaporeflyer wrote:Assuming it is approved, No. It has to be submitted as a new PR application where you will be the sponsor


I will definitely apply LTVP / Dependant Pass for my baby, but my question is if I can add my baby info to my pending PR application at that time, assuming it's still Pending, or It must be another separate new application for my baby?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 10:55 am

adriyunus.daniel wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:Assuming it is approved, No. It has to be submitted as a new PR application where you will be the sponsor


I will definitely apply LTVP / Dependant Pass for my baby, but my question is if I can add my baby info to my pending PR application at that time, assuming it's still Pending, or It must be another separate new application for my baby?


You must inform ICA of any changes or new information about yourself that you have submitted. In your case, the information about your child. But, I am not sure if you can amend the existing application which is under process to include your child.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun, 13 Sep 2015

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby BBCWatcher » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 12:23 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:You must inform ICA of any changes or new information about yourself that you have submitted.

Material changes. ("Material" also means "meaningful" or "significant.") Apply some common sense. ICA doesn't need to know that you got a $100 bonus or a $15/month raise. (Unless perhaps the raise is from $85/month to $100/month. Then that's a material change.)

I agree, SF, that the birth of a child is a material change. Yes, tell ICA that happened and that, if possible, you would like your child added to the PR application. You can try submitting all the same information for that additional child that you included for your other children, including a photo. That doesn't mean ICA will add your newborn onto the pending application, but you can ask.

lmw1982
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 05 Jun 2017

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby lmw1982 » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 7:26 pm

My PR application pending for 10 months and still no status. Besides keep waiting, what shall I do? Thank.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 9:45 pm

lmw1982 wrote:My PR application pending for 10 months and still no status. Besides keep waiting, what shall I do? Thank.

Pray ?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34778
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR APPROVAL CHANCES 2016

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 1:30 pm

ecureilx wrote:
lmw1982 wrote:My PR application pending for 10 months and still no status. Besides keep waiting, what shall I do? Thank.

Pray ?


Maybe prepare Plan B?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests