Singapore Expats Forum

Wedding Accommodation in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Very Nervous

Wedding Accommodation in Singapore

Postby Very Nervous » Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:26 am

Hello,

My wedding is coming in a few months and I need to provide accommodation for our oversea guests to stay. It would break the bank if we have to get the hotel for 20 guests and we don't have a place to host them. Any suggestion for an alternative or anyone knows any short term rent like two weeks to one month or so to accommodate the guest. It probably be a lot cheaper. Service appartment is also very expensive.

All help is much appreciated,
Very Nervous

forcez5

Postby forcez5 » Thu, 27 Jan 2005 4:07 pm

dont get married then......since you are not willing to spend abit more for this once in a life time thing....ask them to sleep by the road side then.

Very Nervous

To the jerk, forcez5

Postby Very Nervous » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 3:24 pm

A bit? it is minimum $100 to $$$ per room per night for about 10 rooms and 5 to 7 days. Maybe this is a little for you but not for other considering there are many other things to take care. Do you even know what you're talking about? If you can't help then don't be a moron, either.

'uck you.

i'm curious

Postby i'm curious » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 3:53 pm

Why do you have to foot the bill for the hotel stays for your guests? I've travelled to attend weddings before and the bride & groom did not pay for my hotel room. Is it some sort of tradition or something?

Postby Guest » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 5:46 pm

Hey, very nervous...

Let me know what is your budget, I mean the max you can go. preferred location, type of guests (mostly couples right?) etc.

Drop me a line at syeey@yahoo.com

Postby Guest » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 8:20 pm

Most hotels give group rates for multiple hotel room bookings. Could you be more specific about your budget? How long are your guests staying for? 2 weeks seems like a long time for a wedding! Give more specifics and maybe I can help you better!

yoongf
Chatter
Chatter

Postby yoongf » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 9:33 pm

If there's going to be a centralised location for accomodation, likely, the expectation would be that there would also be organised transport to/from hotel, and to/from wedding locations. The costs will simply escalate, and it's hard to say no when they are already here.

That's not a small group. Given that it's a wedding, and it's going to be hard to say yes to some and no to others, it would be better not to offer such freebies in the first place.

Even the cheapest hotels in Geylang runs at ard $40 per room per night. 2 per room =10 rooms X 1 week = $2800! And what is they start charging stuff to the rooms? Risky...