Singapore Expats

PR approval chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
eyan926

PR approval chances

Post by eyan926 » Tue, 23 Feb 2016 9:48 pm

Hi my PR appointment is on early next month

Wan to check my chances of getting PR

I am Malaysian Chinese
Degree holder
Holding EP currently
Work with MNC company for 2.5yrs
Basic salary 3.9k
Single and has one kid studying at JB

What will b my chances to get the Pr?

Appreciate advise or sharing of experience.

Thank you in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR approval chances

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:02 pm

I'm assuming you are female (you don't say and eyan is kind of androgynous). If I am right, then you probably have a 70% chance of getting it. If you get PR are you going to bring you child to Singapore? Is the child male or female?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 3:16 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm assuming you are female (you don't say and eyan is kind of androgynous). If I am right, then you probably have a 70% chance of getting it. If you get PR are you going to bring you child to Singapore? Is the child male or female?
Is it just me? As I recall, when I went for my PR appointment, they didn't ask me for much of anything. We basically reviewed all the materials I had sent in my original application, made a few copies of this and that, but nobody asked things like, "Why do you want to be a PR?" Or, "How long do you plan on being PR?"

Do you think there was someone behind a two way mirror checking out my PR suitability?

eyan926

Post by eyan926 » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 6:21 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm assuming you are female (you don't say and eyan is kind of androgynous). If I am right, then you probably have a 70% chance of getting it. If you get PR are you going to bring you child to Singapore? Is the child male or female?
Yup, you are right, forgot to mention that during my post. My son will be 10yrs old this year, planning is to let him finish study in Malaysia coz study in Sg could be really stressful an expensive.

Is this one of the criteria to consider for the Pr approval also?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 7:58 am

Applying for PR yourself without including your son will appear that you want your cake and eat it too. By not applying for your sonit will appear that you only want to abuse the system as you will be telling ICA that you want the benefits but don'twant your son to be obligated for National Service. Will be a big negative on your application I'm afraid.

Sent from the ozone layer - the answer is out there!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 9:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Applying for PR yourself without including your son will appear that you want your cake and eat it too. By not applying for your sonit will appear that you only want to abuse the system as you will be telling ICA that you want the benefits but don'twant your son to be obligated for National Service. Will be a big negative on your application I'm afraid.

Isn't it possible to apply without mentioning the son?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 10:09 am

Possibly, but then how to bring him into Singapore later? And if she does she might only get a svp for him and not even be able to get an ltvp. It's playing with fire. Is the boy on a dependent's pass currently? She needs to clarify that as well as it will also have a bearing on the success or failure of her app.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:04 am

Barnsley wrote:Isn't it possible to apply without mentioning the son?
Not if you're truthfully filling out the PR application form. The application form asks for details on all of the applicant's children and then also asks whether each child is applying for PR or not. Failure to supply this information, truthfully, would certainly appear to be a criminal violation of the Immigration Act, as the form itself helpfully reminds applicants.