Singapore Expats Forum

Ep reapply

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Singlike

Ep reapply

Postby Singlike » Sun, 14 Feb 2016 5:37 pm

Hi I'm in singapore from past 8years on Ep and changing the job now.my latest Ep has been rejected. If employer to reapply again with the correct documents, do we need to wait? It's preferred to reapply instead of appeal.

Please help to advise. Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Ep reapply

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:09 am

Apply again "with the correct documents"? What is THAT supposed to mean?

Singlike

Postby Singlike » Mon, 15 Feb 2016 8:07 am

Thanks for the reply.I have been informed by the employer that Ep is rejected due to some missing document from their end and now they are Reapplying. My question is do they need to wait for some time for the second application?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 15 Feb 2016 9:01 am

If they left out documents they should submit the documents and appeal.

ashish_24

Postby ashish_24 » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 8:42 pm

Hi,
I am working in Singapore from past 5 years in management position and worked for 3 companies here. My New employer applied EP for me and EP got rejected with reason "upload the education document" again.
Company uploaded the certification again and appealed but no response from MOM from last 2 weeks meanwhile I got offer from another company as well.
Do I need to wait for my appeal or go with second company with new EP application.
thanks in advance.

Singlike

Postby Singlike » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 9:38 pm

Hi how are you able to see the reason? I think it's onl visible for employer?

ashish_24

Postby ashish_24 » Wed, 24 Feb 2016 9:45 pm

Got the update from employer.

superego

Postby superego » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 11:11 am

Hi guys,

Any update on your re-appeals? I'm currently in a similar position, i'm wondering how long does it take for them to release a result for re-appeals. (i am aware that it can vary but just want to know from your experience) :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 1:00 pm

ashish_24 wrote:Hi,
I am working in Singapore from past 5 years in management position and worked for 3 companies here. My New employer applied EP for me and EP got rejected with reason "upload the education document" again.
Company uploaded the certification again and appealed but no response from MOM from last 2 weeks meanwhile I got offer from another company as well.
Do I need to wait for my appeal or go with second company with new EP application.
thanks in advance.

They're probably doing an in-depth check on the certifications validity. It's probably good, but in the past they didn't always vet before giving out the work pass. Now they might be holding it up until they actually get a response from the issuing educational body. Hope your sheepskin is legitimate.