Singapore Expats Forum

Newborn pr

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zinc32
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu, 25 Jun 2015

Newborn pr

Postby zinc32 » Fri, 05 Feb 2016 1:55 pm

Would anyone have their experiences to share on the outcomes of their newborn singapore pr application .. How long does it take for the processing ..baby born in sg ( male ) and applied for pr with in the 42 days period


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9357
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Newborn pr

Postby x9200 » Fri, 05 Feb 2016 9:45 pm

5 years ago it took my son 4 months.

zinc32
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu, 25 Jun 2015

Re: Newborn pr

Postby zinc32 » Fri, 05 Feb 2016 9:46 pm

Ok thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kma88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 26 Feb 2015

Re: Newborn pr

Postby kma88 » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 2:59 pm

3 years ago it took us about two months

lingkiin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 08 Jan 2009

Re: Newborn pr

Postby lingkiin » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 6:23 pm

So, how many months your soon took to get his PR?

Anyone get their children approved recently?
I applied for my son on 2/7...

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Newborn pr

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 6:40 pm

lingkiin wrote:So, how many months your soon took to get his PR?

Anyone get their children approved recently?
I applied for my son on 2/7...


Won't be so fast as you expect.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Newborn pr

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 7:18 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
lingkiin wrote:So, how many months your soon took to get his PR?

Anyone get their children approved recently?
I applied for my son on 2/7...


Won't be so fast as you expect.

And ICA will hint or directly suggest LTVP instead, going by recent applications!

That's the same suggestion being dished out at MPS too to folks asking for PR assistance

User avatar
American
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue, 26 May 2015

Re: RE: Re: Newborn pr

Postby American » Tue, 19 Feb 2019 3:35 pm

ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
lingkiin wrote:So, how many months your soon took to get his PR?

Anyone get their children approved recently?
I applied for my son on 2/7...


Won't be so fast as you expect.

And ICA will hint or directly suggest LTVP instead, going by recent applications!

That's the same suggestion being dished out at MPS too to folks asking for PR assistance


Reviving this thread. What is the average time it really takes to get a newborn's PR in 2018/2019? I am still waiting for the PR for my newborn. Both parents PRs. It is now 7+ months and still the PR has not come in. Child already has an LTVP.

Aurora87
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 08 May 2018

Re: RE: Re: Newborn pr

Postby Aurora87 » Tue, 19 Feb 2019 6:43 pm

American wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Won't be so fast as you expect.

And ICA will hint or directly suggest LTVP instead, going by recent applications!

That's the same suggestion being dished out at MPS too to folks asking for PR assistance


Reviving this thread. What is the average time it really takes to get a newborn's PR in 2018/2019? I am still waiting for the PR for my newborn. Both parents PRs. It is now 7+ months and still the PR has not come in. Child already has an LTVP.


it took my son about 4 months last year. Applied on May, approved on Sept.

User avatar
American
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue, 26 May 2015

Re: RE: Re: Newborn pr

Postby American » Wed, 20 Feb 2019 8:27 am

Aurora87 wrote:
American wrote:
ecureilx wrote:And ICA will hint or directly suggest LTVP instead, going by recent applications!

That's the same suggestion being dished out at MPS too to folks asking for PR assistance


Reviving this thread. What is the average time it really takes to get a newborn's PR in 2018/2019? I am still waiting for the PR for my newborn. Both parents PRs. It is now 7+ months and still the PR has not come in. Child already has an LTVP.


it took my son about 4 months last year. Applied on May, approved on Sept.


Thanks - did you apply online, or walk in? I am worried that using the new online system takes longer than walking in.

Aurora87
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 08 May 2018

Re: RE: Re: Newborn pr

Postby Aurora87 » Wed, 20 Feb 2019 9:55 pm

American wrote:
Aurora87 wrote:
American wrote:
Reviving this thread. What is the average time it really takes to get a newborn's PR in 2018/2019? I am still waiting for the PR for my newborn. Both parents PRs. It is now 7+ months and still the PR has not come in. Child already has an LTVP.


it took my son about 4 months last year. Applied on May, approved on Sept.


Thanks - did you apply online, or walk in? I am worried that using the new online system takes longer than walking in.


I applied online.

lingkiin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 08 Jan 2009

Re: RE: Re: Newborn pr

Postby lingkiin » Thu, 21 Feb 2019 6:01 pm

American wrote:
Aurora87 wrote:
American wrote:
Reviving this thread. What is the average time it really takes to get a newborn's PR in 2018/2019? I am still waiting for the PR for my newborn. Both parents PRs. It is now 7+ months and still the PR has not come in. Child already has an LTVP.


it took my son about 4 months last year. Applied on May, approved on Sept.


Thanks - did you apply online, or walk in? I am worried that using the new online system takes longer than walking in.


Newborn cases should be able to walk in.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11353
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Newborn pr

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 21 Feb 2019 8:59 pm

lingkiin wrote:Newborn cases should be able to walk in.


That's an advanced newborn if she/he is already walking.

User avatar
American
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue, 26 May 2015

Re: RE: Re: Newborn pr

Postby American » Fri, 22 Feb 2019 7:12 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
lingkiin wrote:Newborn cases should be able to walk in.


That's an advanced newborn if she/he is already walking.


Haa! Did it online as well. I wonder if the walk-in application is more efficient.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest