Singapore Expats Forum

The Human Story

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Re: The Human Story

Postby earthfriendly » Thu, 18 May 2017 12:31 am

I understand that it was impossible for the family to pay Lola a livable wage as they are struggling financially. But every little bit helps. Even $10 per month. It may sound like an insignificant amount but will go a long way in offering her a semblance of (financial?) freedom and human dignity. Just pay her something, whatever the amount. Even if it means foregoing one meal a month for the family.

We should never enslave another human being. Regardless of how great the temptation is. It will always come back and bite you. Guess what? At her death bed at confession, what was the mother's regret during her lifetime :-k. She knew what she was doing all this time. The truth will always rear its head despite our greatest effort to bury and evade.

And then we see how slavery play out right here in USA. Up to this day, black population and white people still trying to figure out how to get along with each other. Slavery started in the 1600's. They have a history of co-existence for over three centuries and still, the relationship is volatile.

Sia White

Postby Sia White » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 9:41 pm

I have always imagined that I am a farmer daughter. Have you watched Spain novellas?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Jun 2017 12:03 pm

Sia White wrote:I have always imagined that I am a farmer daughter. Have you watched Spain novellas?

You probably are and he's in Bulgaria where you are posting from. - moderator

Sia White

Postby Sia White » Thu, 29 Jun 2017 4:36 pm

LOL I wish :D :roll:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 11:03 am