Singapore Expats Forum

PR application chances for citizen spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Tiger1234

PR application chances for citizen spouse

Postby Tiger1234 » Thu, 28 Jan 2016 8:59 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to post here to see what people have to say or if anyone is in a similar situation.

I am a Singaporean by birth (father was born here in 50s). I am 33 and have done ns, completing reservist trainings and I am self-employed doing training mostly with schools. I am an Indian. My income is around 4k.

I married my wife, an Indian citizen 3 years ago and initially she was here on a ltvp. She has since got an it job in a mnc and is now earning around 7k. We applied for pr just after getting married which was rejected around 7 months later. We have appealed and it now over 15 months with the status pending. She is well educated and has a mba from India. She is also 33.

So is anyone waiting this long (ica website says 3 to 6 months), so ours is an exceptional case. Are we waiting too long or should we do something, would like to hear from you guys, thx.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: PR application chances for citizen spouse

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Jan 2016 9:14 pm

Be prepared for anything up to 24 months. We've see a LOT of cases at around the 12 month mark and some at 18 and a couple at 21~24 months. The 3~6 months on the website is a joke thanks to the last two GEs. If she's on an EP you have no problem. In fact, she could go on an LTVP and work on a Letter of Consent if she wanted to. Just be patient.

Tiger1234

Postby Tiger1234 » Thu, 28 Jan 2016 9:20 pm

Hi, Yes she has got an EP when she got this job a year ago, and surrender her ltvp then.

bro75
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bro75 » Fri, 29 Jan 2016 6:48 am

I think your wife has a good chance to be approved. It looks like ICA waits for couples to be married at least a couple of years or 3 before giving approvals.

zinc32

Postby zinc32 » Fri, 05 Feb 2016 2:03 pm

Well wouldn't want to dissappoint here but it depends ... I have been married for over 4 years now and ica keeps rejecting my husbands pr .. I studied here and have been living for 8 years wats more we now have a infant with us still he is on EP ... Each case and situation is evaluated on its own merits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger1234

Postby Tiger1234 » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 2:24 pm

So just to update on my situation,

My wife has been given a pr status, 19 months after submitting an appeal and 34 months since marriage.

So if you are applying for a singapore pr today, this maybe a reference for your expectations.