Singapore Expats Forum

Double eyelid surgery with Dr Andrew Tay?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Elle755

Double eyelid surgery with Dr Andrew Tay?

Postby Elle755 » Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:34 pm

I am searching a double eye surgery doctor here in Singapore like perhaps many others out there. I relied heavily on reviews of the blockers before choosing Dr Tay and I feel I need to talk about my experience, which was not at all like what those bloggers have described him as patient and precise.

The conversation with him went unstructured, if not silent from time to time. His explanation was far not precise. He kept saying "why do you have to worry about the numbers? You just have to like what you see and do it." Okay, the numbers that I asked about were, for example, how much percent risks of asymmetry and recurrence of the "droopy" problem since he had suggested these two could be the major cons of a surgery that he had proposed to me.

Anyway, by then he began to appear to be very impatient. Later when I asked him how high is a "high crease" to him since he suggested that I should not do a high crease. He bursted, "I dont know who gave these names of high crease, low crease...!" Well, he just used it himself no?... After all, paying him $160 for about 20 something minutes of consultation, I thought I had the right to raise questions before being cut by him?

Anyway, in general, a commercial place first rather than medical. He tried to skilfully proposed three items. He wasn't pushy but he didn't seem to be happy neither when I seemingly turned down one of the items.

The girls at the reception were fairly cold and they were even gossiping about a client with somebody (looks like somebody working around place) in front of me...

michelle94

Re: Double eyelid surgery with Dr Andrew Tay?

Postby michelle94 » Wed, 09 Mar 2016 4:05 am

Hi! Surprised to hear about your experience because everyone else seems to have had good consults with him! Perhaps you caught him at a bad day?

Anyway it certainly makes me think twice about going for a consult with him!! $160 is really expensive just for a consult. May I know if you have happened to make decision or gone through with the surgery in the past few weeks?

I actually went for a consult at beverly wilshire medical centre in JB (found them through Xiaxue's blog) and it was about SG$65 inclusive of to and fro transport. I was thinking of getting a second opinion before committing though.

shuswen

Postby shuswen » Thu, 10 Mar 2016 2:19 am

Hi! Like you, i did my research and read many reviews before i chose my surgeon to do my lids. Not sure exactly which procedure you have set your mind on but i did it with Dr Shens and they look really natural. Just sharing!

michelle94

Postby michelle94 » Thu, 10 Mar 2016 2:41 am

Hi shuswen! Would you mind sharing a bit about your surgery if that's okay?
Did you happen to do incisional or suture, tapered or parallel and around how much was the cost?
Thanks!

shuswen

Postby shuswen » Fri, 11 Mar 2016 2:35 pm

Hi Michelle, it is the DST (double suture and twisted) method. I chose tapered. The procedure costs $3500 excluding the scar removing cream and de-swelling/de-bruising pills.

michelle94

Postby michelle94 » Fri, 11 Mar 2016 6:25 pm

Ah thanks! I wish I could do suture but my eyelids aren't really suitable for that method. I know Andrew Tay chargers around $4000+ for incisional and that just seems way too much for me!

Feng_xoxo

Postby Feng_xoxo » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 2:42 pm

Elle755 wrote:I am searching a double eye surgery doctor here in Singapore like perhaps many others out there. I relied heavily on reviews of the blockers before choosing Dr Tay and I feel I need to talk about my experience, which was not at all like what those bloggers have described him as patient and precise.

The conversation with him went unstructured, if not silent from time to time. His explanation was far not precise. He kept saying "why do you have to worry about the numbers? You just have to like what you see and do it." Okay, the numbers that I asked about were, for example, how much percent risks of asymmetry and recurrence of the "droopy" problem since he had suggested these two could be the major cons of a surgery that he had proposed to me.

Anyway, by then he began to appear to be very impatient. Later when I asked him how high is a "high crease" to him since he suggested that I should not do a high crease. He bursted, "I dont know who gave these names of high crease, low crease...!" Well, he just used it himself no?... After all, paying him $160 for about 20 something minutes of consultation, I thought I had the right to raise questions before being cut by him?

Anyway, in general, a commercial place first rather than medical. He tried to skilfully proposed three items. He wasn't pushy but he didn't seem to be happy neither when I seemingly turned down one of the items.

The girls at the reception were fairly cold and they were even gossiping about a client with somebody (looks like somebody working around place) in front of me...

I feel sorry to hear about the bad experience with Dr Tay. I saw the free services his did for a few bloggers. I guess some of the bloggers did the publicity very well. By the way, what numbers were you talking about? The cost? Maybe you caught him in a wrong day. I am sure he can still perform to his best ability if he were to do a surgery. All plastic surgeons in Singapore are generally qualified to do surgery unless fake general surgeons or GPs trying to fake a selling of double eyelid surgery by over-selling themselves. Then it is not right. So many doctors out there are faking themselves like plastic surgeons. Please beware!

timmypoke

Postby timmypoke » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 3:46 am

I read about Dr Andrew Tay and his double eyelid services. I agree to you girls, he uses so many bloggers to sell his double eyelid services and they are so overly well written that becomes suspicious. I think readers have to becareful of reading too much reviews. These are marketing gimmicks of a business. I have always wanted to go to him but this are his charges:

1. Suture eyelids(Stitching method) : $3,200
2. Incision eyelids (Cutting method) : $3,800 - $4,000
All prices are subject to 7 % GST.

Dr Andrew Tay's consultation fee range from $120 - $180. Usually at $160+. My girlfriend visited him. He is on the pricer side because there are hidden cost post ops. Anyway, my girlfriend had one of the stitch lower than the other. He said he will follow up with her for a revision. At least he acknowledges the fault because there is no such thing as a perfect plastic surgeon. But I don't know if the revision was chargeable. As you have mentioned in here, yes he is quite money minded. So no one is perfect. It is best to see a few doctors and make yourself comfortable. Doesn't matter whether Korea or Singapore. No one owns you. Bangkok is a great place for eyes surgery. Go to the good ones. Much cheaper if you are doing suture.

stephen25

Postby stephen25 » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 6:42 pm

Double eyelids is also known as futaemabuta in Japanese language but it is pretty much exactly what they sound like. However, there are some people that have a crease in their eyelid that causes to double over itself and some people don’t. However, this can be fixed with eyelid surgery. You can know everything about eyelid surgery in the below link:
http://www.eyelidslift.com/blog/eyelid-surgery-blepharoplasty-complete-information

ellwhyyybee

Postby ellwhyyybee » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 7:50 pm

michelle94 wrote:Hi! Surprised to hear about your experience because everyone else seems to have had good consults with him! Perhaps you caught him at a bad day?

Anyway it certainly makes me think twice about going for a consult with him!! $160 is really expensive just for a consult. May I know if you have happened to make decision or gone through with the surgery in the past few weeks?

I actually went for a consult at beverly wilshire medical centre in JB (found them through Xiaxue's blog) and it was about SG$65 inclusive of to and fro transport. I was thinking of getting a second opinion before committing though.

Hey there I'm actually interested in going to beverly wilshire to get my double eyelid done also. May I know how was the consultation? And do you think it's reliable to get it done there?
Thanks!!

limshay

Postby limshay » Thu, 17 Nov 2016 12:33 am

ellwhyyybee wrote:
michelle94 wrote:Hi! Surprised to hear about your experience because everyone else seems to have had good consults with him! Perhaps you caught him at a bad day?

Hey there I'm actually interested in going to beverly wilshire to get my double eyelid done also. May I know how was the consultation? And do you think it's reliable to get it done there?
Thanks!!

Yes. How is it? would like to get a second opinion. have you come across others?

Diva_sg

Postby Diva_sg » Thu, 25 May 2017 12:31 am

Hmmm...I came across a blogger E at Dayre for Dr Andrew Tay. A perhaps paid or sponsored blogger gone wrong in her double eyelid surgery and was still trying to convince her readers the job was still well done. She kind of recommend another lady C or maybe her followers to go ahead with double eyelid surgery for Dr Tay. That particular follower or friend ended up a need for revision work required for cutting eyelids *ouch* :roll: . I read one eyelid slightly more tapered and lower in crease for Blogger E as well. I am concern of the results. I don't want to go through a 2 times double eyelid surgery revision pain. I was thinking of going ahead with him but when I see the results again and reading the post, I cancelled my plans. :shock: To be honest, I just want one time surgery and done with. Even, equal and balance eyelid is what i want. Unbalance eyelid and still posting like a perfect job done; is quite weird. To some point i agree to some of you here it is quite fishy. It is NOT OK in my opinion too. I know there will be some form of risk to these kind of uncalled surgery. Is there another type of double eyelid method that last temporary? :-k
Attachments
ellen2b.jpg
Stitching Scar Not Equal by Dr Tay?
ellen.jpg
After one year result, one side tapered, one side parallel. And still considered good results? What do you think?
ellen4.jpg
Revision work needed

Freya24

Postby Freya24 » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 11:45 pm

I won't say her result was uneven though. Actually it's very common for people to not have asymmetry eyes. In fact, it does look natural.

However, I do agreed with you all the advertisement seems suspicious. For all the blog I managed to find on double eyelid surgery, the blogger did theirs with Andrew Tay.

Can anyone here recommend good doctor for eyelid surgery in Singapore?

archcherub

Postby archcherub » Sat, 24 Jun 2017 6:56 pm

hi guys, did anyone here did double eyelids operation in singapore or korea?
if so, did you do it together with lateral epicanthoplasty? actually i am a bit lost... i read through these articles, but not sure what is the difference between lateral epicanthoplasty and medica epicanthoplasty and i am too shy to approach any surgeon now... lol

can feedback if you done it with dr andrew or any other surgeon? I trying to find out more abt the process, pricing and reviews before checking with dr andrew.

Freya24

Postby Freya24 » Sat, 24 Jun 2017 10:45 pm

Lateral is the lengthening of outer corner of the eyes and medica is the widening of the inner corner of the eyes.

I also interested in getting from Andrew Tay. But I Guess I'll do lasik first hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk