Singapore Expats

US Visa Drop-Box Programme

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
altriene

US Visa Drop-Box Programme

Post by altriene » Mon, 25 Jan 2016 2:40 pm

Hi, I made this account just to ask this question because I'm getting somewhat desperate. So I'm an SPR and I'm applying for a US non-immigrant visa under the B1/B2 category. I have an expired B1/B2 visa which was valid between 2009-2014. During the online application process, I found out that I was eligible for the Drop-Box service (exempted from interview, documents sent in via designated courier service). I submitted the documents on 14 January.

Now I might have misunderstood, but it appears that the processing time under this programme is three days? But now it has been ten days and there was no news. The website states that if I am required to go for interview I will be notified. But so far, nothing. I have checked the website repeatedly and it only says that my passport is still at the embassy. I tried sending an email and making a phone call but have not managed to interact with a human being, and the automated replies just refer me back to the website.

Has anyone used the Drop-Box service for US visa application? How long does it actually take? Many thanks if you could help to allay my anxieties over this.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: US Visa Drop-Box Programme

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jan 2016 3:50 pm

You are aware where Washington DC is located, aren't you? You have seen the weather reports on what's been happening on the east coast of the US, right? I think with 150K non-essential government workers sent home it might just put a little drag on services, don't you think? I'd be inclined to think so. That would also have to include flights into and out of Washington DC.

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/ne ... el-impacts
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: US Visa Drop-Box Programme

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 25 Jan 2016 6:59 pm

Are you eligible for the US Visa Waiver program?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!