Singapore Expats

Process for transferred maid application

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Process for transferred maid application

Post by nanana » Sat, 23 Jan 2016 4:02 pm

Has anyone applied for a transferred maid without going through an agency? Would like to know the procedure, Particularly in regards to setting up their work contract (any specific format that I should be following?)and insurance (which one would you recommend)?

The maid is already in Singapore. I intend to apply her work permit online. Do I have to show her work contract to MOM? Or it is just between us?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Process for transferred maid application

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 23 Jan 2016 6:41 pm

nanana wrote:Has anyone applied for a transferred maid without going through an agency? Would like to know the procedure, Particularly in regards to setting up their work contract (any specific format that I should be following?)and insurance (which one would you recommend)?

The maid is already in Singapore. I intend to apply her work permit online. Do I have to show her work contract to MOM? Or it is just between us?
If she's a Filipino maid, to avoid the hassle of authenticating contract etc at the embassy, an agent is recommended. Though as a transfer, the fees will be very very low, if you get a good agency.