Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone know of NKF

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Seeker

Anyone know of NKF

Postby Seeker » Wed, 26 Jan 2005 5:31 pm

Hi....have an interview call from NKF singapore......any idea of the place?

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

NKF

Postby joop » Wed, 26 Jan 2005 5:41 pm

Kim Keat Road (Whompoa/ Balestier area).
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

seeker

Re: NKF

Postby seeker » Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:51 pm

joop wrote:Kim Keat Road (Whompoa/ Balestier area).

thnx, i know that. was wonderin if anyone knew of the work atmosphere/ general reputation of the company

Re: Anyone know of NKF

Postby Guest » Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:32 am

Seeker wrote:Hi....have an interview call from NKF singapore......any idea of the place?

URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES

Rebel

Postby Rebel » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 1:31 pm

NKF - successful organisation but expects it's pound of flesh from the people that work there. 6 day working week normally and many compulsory activities on free day plus lots of presentations that are also compulsory also in own time.

antonypranata

Postby antonypranata » Thu, 03 Feb 2005 3:43 pm

My girl friend is working at NKF. According to her, they pay quite well, but you have to work very hard; sometimes from very early in the morning until late night. She's quite depressed now about her job at NKF, and planning to find a new job.

I myself not really sure whether it is common to work beyond working hours in Singapore or not (I am just about moving to Singapore next month).

Antony

Advisor11

Postby Advisor11 » Fri, 18 Feb 2005 3:18 pm

Dear seeker,
If this is your first job. It does not matter too much. Good to work in a tough enviroment for a start.. you'll look back and appreciate it. If you really want to grow, go and work for a MNC eventually. Local MNC and charity organisations do not have what it takes to be really dynamic and growing. I have worked in both so I know.

For me personally, I will not even consider NKF. Too many negative opinions about that organisation. I can still remember their top executives were hauled in for investigation about allegation of mis-handling of funds. Donations from the public, mind you. My friend who was their consultant confirmed the story. That is why I have never donate to their cause and prefer to help others. All the best.

SPH

Postby Guest » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 9:04 pm

I wonder why people like to believe the media? I mean why are you guys so naive? I have ever read/heard that they cook up story so that EVERY body would buy and read thier stories. and SADLY since they are the only one providing the newsPAPER in the COUNTRY they of course they are VERY influencial. HAve you ever thought that HE, mr. durai had been working without any salary for over 20 yrs? Mercs? It was a WHITE TOYOTA if you must know. SPH has done great INJUSTICE to the organization that has a humble mission. WHY must you support such a company? Well, best wishes to SPH for the victory. I hope SUSAN LONG is happy now with the report she make. I can be sure she will more GOOD nite sleep in the next coming future...

Re: SPH

Postby Guest » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:34 pm

Susan Long should get a 12 month bonus this year for making such a interesting news.

Anonymous wrote:I wonder why people like to believe the media? I mean why are you guys so naive? I have ever read/heard that they cook up story so that EVERY body would buy and read thier stories. and SADLY since they are the only one providing the newsPAPER in the COUNTRY they of course they are VERY influencial. HAve you ever thought that HE, mr. durai had been working without any salary for over 20 yrs? Mercs? It was a WHITE TOYOTA if you must know. SPH has done great INJUSTICE to the organization that has a humble mission. WHY must you support such a company? Well, best wishes to SPH for the victory. I hope SUSAN LONG is happy now with the report she make. I can be sure she will more GOOD nite sleep in the next coming future...

Postby Guest » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:51 pm

I read this posting on a forum by newpaper. Seems KDF is way more deserving of our money.
UPlanet - 11:50am Jul 14, 2005 (78.)

http://www.nkfs.org/finance%20data.htm
http://www.kdf.org.sg/financial.htm

Collections from donations + grant + sponsorships
NKF - 67,365,000
KDF - 4,675,527

Direct charitable expenses
NKF - 36,191,000 (54% of collections)
KDF - 3,818,448 (82% of collections)

Employee costs
NKF - 27,125,000 (40% of collections)
KDF - 572,696 (12% of collections)