Singapore Expats

SPR REP renewal - please advise

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
charliey

SPR REP renewal - please advise

Post by charliey » Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:25 am

Dear Forum,

My kid (daughter) & me are "dependent" SPRs. I'm currently employed. However, the primary PR, my husband is unemployed for close to 6 months now. Our second REP renewal is due in few months. I would like to know if I can apply for renewal through e-REP for my family (husband, kid) or at least for me and my kid, or is this something the Primary PR is only allowed to do (as we are tied to his status). We are worried that his current status could affect the outcome of the REP renewal if he makes the renewal. What is the way out here? Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

-Charlie

x9200

Re: SPR REP renewal - please advise

Post by x9200 » Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:07 pm

It has to be him.
Why is he unemployed? If this is because he can not find the job that satisfies his expectations of the salary level, than I guess you must decide by yourself, he takes a job with less money or you all take the risk of the REP being rejected (or given a shorter period).

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: SPR REP renewal - please advise

Post by bro75 » Mon, 18 Jan 2016 5:10 pm

I believe it is only the primary PR holder who can renew the REP for all of you. If he is not successful due to being unemployed, then you must not leave Singapore while your REP is expired. The sponsor PR can apply for an REP once he/she is employed again.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: SPR REP renewal - please advise

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 18 Jan 2016 6:03 pm

bro75 wrote:I believe it is only the primary PR holder who can renew the REP for all of you. If he is not successful due to being unemployed, then you must not leave Singapore while your REP is expired. The sponsor PR can apply for an REP once he/she is employed again.
When doing online submission, if the applicant is unemployed, there used to be an option to visit ICA and submit the documents. 6 months unemployment won't cause major trouble as long as the wife earns enough. Or so I think.