Singapore Expats

Citizenship renunciation

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mmhgloba

Re: Citizenship renunciation

Post by mmhgloba » Tue, 20 Dec 2016 2:57 pm

Wait, I assumed that Singapore allows dual citizenship. If not then the Dominica idea will not work. But I would definitely inquire with another Mexican consulate. It is worth a try.
I love my global travel adventures and I want to travel the world indefinitely!

mmhgloba

Post by mmhgloba » Tue, 20 Dec 2016 3:05 pm

Oh and by the way, I looked it up and Dominica citizenship can be renounced. So theoretically if you got the new passport you could apply with Singapore again then renounce the Dominica citizenship. That is one expensive option anyway.
I love my global travel adventures and I want to travel the world indefinitely!

fercasa83

Post by fercasa83 » Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:07 am

Lizziees wrote:
Sun, 17 Jan 2016 11:08 am
Ok it's the Mexico Embassy. They are unable to produce the letter renunciation. They will only provide me with a explanation of the Mexican's law and when I requested for English, they give me an address to do the official translation.
Hi, I'm interested on the outcome of your case. I'm also Mexican and waiting for my citizenship results.

I've heard by the Mexican embassy itself that there is a workaround to it (i dont want to mention it here). I've know about it for almost 10 years and another Mexican friend of mine obtained her Singapore citizenship using it.

Can I check if you've used that workaround?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:01 am

^ The last time the user logged in was in 2016. This topic is more than 5 years old. You won’t be able to get any replies.