Singapore Expats

Starting a band: need muso's: 70's 80's Rock/Pop

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Tcrawf

Starting a band: need muso's: 70's 80's Rock/Pop

Post by Tcrawf » Sun, 10 Jan 2016 12:05 pm

Hi there,

Planning a move to Singapore from Australia in the next 2-3 months. I know NOTHING of the music scene in Singapore but thought I might just put the feelers out to see what interest there would be in starting a classic rock/pop band. I play keys primarily and can do backing vocals if needed :P

Kind of music I've got in mind would be things like:
Hold the line - Toto
Paradise by the dashboard light - Meatloaf
The boys light up - Australian Crawl
When tomorrow comes - Eurythmics
Don't stop believin' - Journey
Final countdown - Europe
Dream police - Cheap Trick
All out of love - Air Supply
making love out of nothing at all - Air Supply
Uptown girl - Billy Joel

I think that pretty much sums it up!

Drop me a line if this sounds like a project you'd be keen on. Happy to just jam it out a bit when I first arrive but overall I'm aiming to be in a gigging band eventually - nothing big (I have a day job) but I love music and wish to hang out with like-minded folk!

I'm 35 and happy to play with people of any age so long as you're committed. You'll need to be competent with your instrument but I certainly don't expect anyone to be able to play the songs perfectly off-the-cuff. Lead vocalist will need to be very diverse and have a strong voice to pull this stuff off!

Anyway, would love to hear from any who would be interested in this and maybe we can make it happen! Please post any questions!