Singapore Expats Forum

Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
codkxie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2016

Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Postby codkxie » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 4:16 pm

Hi,

I am Malaysian Chinese working in Singapore for 2 years with salary 4.4K. EP holder.

My wife Malaysian Chinese as well is working in Singapore for 1 year with salary 4.5K. EP holder.

I had booked a slot on February 2016 to apply the PR under my Fin No. I booked a slot with 2 people.

Does it mean that we can no longer submit our application separately? (I will call to the hotline to ask, but hope to get some quick answer here). She didn't book any slot under her FIN number. We are thinking to submit separately.

If we apply PR together, does it mean that if master applicant is going to convert SC, the spouse will follow and can't remains as PR?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35170
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 4:21 pm

Don't put the cart before the horse. Getting PR is one thing. Getting SC is another. If both are PRs, both do not need to apply for SC, however, I would think filing singly for SC would be counterproductive as the first question I would ask, if I were an ICA officer is why aren't both filing for SC? Is it because you want your children, when born, to have dual citizenship just in case one is a male and will be subject to NS? Your odds are definitely diminished I would think.

codkxie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2016

Re: Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Postby codkxie » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 4:34 pm

NS is definitely not even part of the concern. I personally think that it is good exposure for youngster.
It is more to retirement planning (as most of the Malaysian will do).

So if filing PR application together will close the chance to file individual SC application, then we may need to discuss and decide which path to take.

So just seek for advice so that we can do long term planning.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35170
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 4:52 pm

If you are not fully committed as a family, I would bother to apply at all. Not saying it will close the opportunity, but I am saying it may well be counterproductive. But the ICA officer might get up on the right side of the bed that particular morning. ;-)

codkxie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2016

Re: Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Postby codkxie » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 4:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are not fully committed as a family, I would bother to apply at all. Not saying it will close the opportunity, but I am saying it may well be counterproductive. But the ICA officer might get up on the right side of the bed that particular morning. ;-)


Hi SMS, thanks for the advice and our pr application approved after 6 months of waiting.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35170
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:14 am

codkxie wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are not fully committed as a family, I would bother to apply at all. Not saying it will close the opportunity, but I am saying it may well be counterproductive. But the ICA officer might get up on the right side of the bed that particular morning. ;-)


Hi SMS, thanks for the advice and our pr application approved after 6 months of waiting.


Congratulations are in order. :-) Did you apply as a family? (I'm assuming that "our pr" means family)

codkxie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2016

Re: Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Postby codkxie » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
codkxie wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are not fully committed as a family, I would bother to apply at all. Not saying it will close the opportunity, but I am saying it may well be counterproductive. But the ICA officer might get up on the right side of the bed that particular morning. ;-)


Hi SMS, thanks for the advice and our pr application approved after 6 months of waiting.


Congratulations are in order. :-) Did you apply as a family? (I'm assuming that "our pr" means family)



Yes We apply as a family to avoid complication. :-)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35170
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 1:28 pm

Image :-)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests