Singapore Expats Forum

My PR got rejected after 2 months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
aliina.kitty

My PR got rejected after 2 months

Postby aliina.kitty » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 3:40 pm

My profile

Age - 27 Female
Salary - 3600, now 4k
Education - Master Degree from NUS
Nationality - Myanmar
Working in IT field. I have been staying here for almost 4 years.

In reject letter, no reason mention. Only saying that i can stay here as long as my EP valid. That mean i cannot re-apply again? Does anyone got that kind of reject letter and next time application got approved ?

bro75
Chatter
Chatter

Re: My PR got rejected after 2 months

Postby bro75 » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 4:01 pm

You can apply again as long as you are still eligible to apply. This reject letter does not say you are prohibited from applying.

tomtomtom

Postby tomtomtom » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 5:34 pm

Staying here for 4 years.... how long have u been working? 4 years including study?

When did u apply?

aliina.kitty

Postby aliina.kitty » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 9:32 pm

I applied in Oct 2015, and got my reject letter last 2 days ago.

I did my master about 1 and half year, since 2013 Aug to till now, i am working. My other friend told me that at least 2 times need to apply. I am not sure on that. But reject letter didn't mention to me to re-apply. So I think I cannot re-apply again.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 9:45 pm

aliina.kitty wrote:My profile

Age - 27 Female
Salary - 3600, now 4k
Education - Master Degree from NUS
Nationality - Myanmar
Working in IT field. I have been staying here for almost 4 years.

In reject letter, no reason mention. Only saying that i can stay here as long as my EP valid. That mean i cannot re-apply again? Does anyone got that kind of reject letter and next time application got approved ?

I wish I had better news, but sadly, you will be wasting your time. When you get the rejection letter that says you "can stay here as long as your EP is valid" is the straw that broke the camel's back. It mean's you will not be approved for PR and your only hope is that your employment remains viable and your EP can be renewed (a lot aren't being renewed due to more stringent criteria). If you get a better offer with better long term prospects in another country, you might want to give it serious thought as the likelihood of ever obtaining PR is remote at best. You might be able to get married to a local and get an LTVP+ after two years of marriage. But how long that will exists is anybody's guess as well.

aliina.kitty

Postby aliina.kitty » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 10:29 pm

Noted and Thank for the reply. I will go other country.

sgstrait
Regular
Regular

Postby sgstrait » Fri, 08 Jan 2016 4:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I wish I had better news, but sadly, you will be wasting your time. When you get the rejection letter that says you "can stay here as long as your EP is valid" is the straw that broke the camel's back. It mean's you will not be approved for PR and your only hope is that your employment remains viable and your EP can be renewed (a lot aren't being renewed due to more stringent criteria).

This is not true. I had that letter, reapplied and was successful.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Jan 2016 4:58 pm

with massive changes to your situation, correct? You are the only one we've ever hear of who successfully turned it around. Odds don't look that good, do they. Didn't you say you ended up applying something like 6 times before you got it?

aliina.kitty

Postby aliina.kitty » Fri, 08 Jan 2016 5:19 pm

sgstrait wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I wish I had better news, but sadly, you will be wasting your time. When you get the rejection letter that says you "can stay here as long as your EP is valid" is the straw that broke the camel's back. It mean's you will not be approved for PR and your only hope is that your employment remains viable and your EP can be renewed (a lot aren't being renewed due to more stringent criteria).

This is not true. I had that letter, reapplied and was successful.

Noted. Thank for the reply. Give me some hopes.

sgstrait
Regular
Regular

Postby sgstrait » Fri, 08 Jan 2016 7:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:with massive changes to your situation, correct? You are the only one we've ever hear of who successfully turned it around. Odds don't look that good, do they. Didn't you say you ended up applying something like 6 times before you got it?

Nope, wasn't me. No massive changes. Initially waited one year since arriving before I applied - rejection. Four years later - approved. Obviously have done stuff and contributed in that intervening period, and progressed in career, but that was kind of natural progression. Okay, actually, come to think of it, my salary had gone up 50% since arriving.....

tomtomtom

Postby tomtomtom » Fri, 08 Jan 2016 9:36 pm

You got approval recently? How long it took for processing?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Jan 2016 9:55 pm

tomtomtom, why do you guys keep asking the same irrelevant question? How long is a piece of string? It takes as long as it takes. You can ask 1000 people and you will get 200 different answers. What can you deduce from that? Absolutely nothing. ICA is changing the goalposts as we speak and they are constantly changing the goalposts from quarter to quarter and even from month to month.

tomtomtom

Postby tomtomtom » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 10:14 am

Its relavant for ppl whose status is pending .....

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 11:25 am

tomtomtom wrote:Its relavant for ppl whose status is pending .....

It's not relevant at all. Some people are approved in a few months. Others wait more than a year without word. Just because someone says, "I got approved in 6 months"... or 3 months... or 18 months... doesn't mean shit for people still in the queue.

Again, it's not relevant at all.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: My PR got rejected after 2 months

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 11:27 am

tomtomtom wrote:Its relavant for ppl whose status is pending .....

How ? Start celebrating?