Singapore Expats

Cheap Private School

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
salmanucit

Cheap Private School

Post by salmanucit » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 3:07 pm

Hi,
Now this is getting difficulty for the foreigners in Singapore because their children are not getting admissions in public schools and each year situation is worsening. Can anyone here let me know about some private schools which are cheaper and could be considered for educating my kids?
Salman

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Cheap Private School

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 5:03 pm

I believe that is what they call an oxymoron. Using Cheap and Private School in the same breath. No such animal here. They have a captive audience because most don't do their homework before accepting an overseas position. There are very few not-for-profit schools here and they are usually full a year or two in advance. Good Luck. There have been a few here who have given up their posting because of the lack of schooling facilities (well, there are facilities, but their costs are exorbitant for the average expat.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Thu, 07 Jan 2016 2:58 pm

Local government primary schools, anyway, are hitting $6-800/month for foreign students so there isn't really such a huge window anymore between let's say the current $6-800 (which will increase for sure) and the $2-2200/month of a full fledged IS where any other "private" type organisation can take advantage.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Fri, 19 Feb 2016 8:36 am

Yep, ain't no such thing.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 22 Feb 2016 4:24 pm

There is a place on Balestier Road that does supervised online/home schooling. Can't remember the name but that's the cheapesT I know of.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!