Singapore Expats

shoptheft in singapore help

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
njbnjb

shoptheft in singapore help

Post by njbnjb » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 1:40 pm

Had to bail my friend yesterday. He is 40 with totally clean record, good family, and was arrested for taking $6.50 a bodywash. He is super remorseful. Apparently the IO told him that he will be given a second chance with a warning but he will have to wait for at least 1month before the case close. I was looking at the bail form and I have to go with him every 2 weeks to the police station or something?

Either way he super worried now and like panicking. If the IO told him its prolly a warning, will he be charged? Do I have to find a lawyer for him at this point?

Will a representation from Lawyer be the best thing to do.

Thanks

x9200

Re: shoptheft in singapore help

Post by x9200 » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 9:20 pm

here we have this:
njbnjb wrote:Had to bail my friend yesterday. He is 40 with totally clean record, good family, and was arrested for taking $6.50 a bodywash. He is super remorseful. Apparently the IO told him that he will be given a second chance with a warning but he will have to wait for at least 1month before the case close. I was looking at the bail form and I have to go with him every 2 weeks to the police station or something?

Either way he super worried now and like panicking. If the IO told him its prolly a warning, will he be charged? Do I have to find a lawyer for him at this point?

Will a representation from Lawyer be the best thing to do.

Thanks
and in another thread:
njbnjb wrote:Hi tumblerumble
on your below case what was the final
decision was ur friend given warning and dismissed? and how long did IO get back to u with decision.
I have a similar case for a friend and need to know if he hires a lawyer?
Appreciate ur response
tumblerumble wrote:

Had to bail my friend yesterday. Shes 20 with totally clean record, good family, and was arrested for taking $80 in products. Shes super remorseful. Apparently the IO told her that she will be given a second chance with a warning but she will have to wait for at least 1month before the case close. I was looking at the bail form and I have to go with her every 2 weeks to the police station or something?

Either way shes super worried now and like panicking. If the IO told her its prolly a warning, will she be charged? Do I have to find a lawyer for her at this point?

Thanks
Bravo.

lucassmith
Regular
Regular

Post by lucassmith » Thu, 07 Jan 2016 4:07 pm

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 07 Jan 2016 4:14 pm

Saw another couple his posts.

Times are desperate I guess !!!

I like this part though "super remorseful"

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 07 Jan 2016 9:07 pm

i think getting a lawyer at this point is premature. save your $$$ and just wait. you can get represented after you get charged.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam