Amos Yee

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Post Reply
User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16522
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Lee Kuan Yew

Post by JR8 » Tue, 29 Dec 2015 7:09 pm

earthfriendly wrote:You do not censor art and human expressions. When you censor art, you censor humanity.
Reading the quote in full explains quite well why SG has the MDA.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:01 pm

Re: Lee Kuan Yew

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 31 Dec 2015 3:14 am

And it comes back and bites you on the economy. $$$ Ouch!


https://sg.news.yahoo.com/comment--wher ... 33006.html

User avatar
lucassmith
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Lee Kuan Yew

Post by lucassmith » Thu, 31 Dec 2015 2:08 pm

earthfriendly wrote:You do not censor art and human expressions. When you censor art, you censor humanity.

https://www.facebook.com/FromtheTopFans ... =3&theater

Image

8-)

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:01 pm

Re: Amos Yee

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 8:38 am

More dumping down! Since you guys are not smart enough to think and process information yourself, let me take over and tell you exactly what kind of songs/ music you should listen to. This is all done for your own protection. This is to protect "you" from "yourself" :mrgreen:

http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/ho ... xtor=CS1-2

Is this post in the right topic. If not, feel free to move it or if you prefer to start a new one, I guess you can title it "Dumping Down" :mrgreen:

Or you can also title it "The Emperor Has No Clothes"

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9916
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Amos Yee

Post by x9200 » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 10:15 am

earthfriendly wrote:More dumping down! Since you guys are not smart enough to think and process information yourself, let me take over and tell you exactly what kind of songs/ music you should listen to. This is all done for your own protection. This is to protect "you" from "yourself" :mrgreen:

http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/ho ... xtor=CS1-2

Is this post in the right topic. If not, feel free to move it or if you prefer to start a new one, I guess you can title it "Dumping Down" :mrgreen:

Or you can also title it "The Emperor Has No Clothes"
Above all, it's not worth the money ($180-$450). For me at least.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:01 pm

Re: Amos Yee

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 10:24 am

Hey, Madonna has still got it. At least, she is trying very hard. Why don't you like her :P ?

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9916
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Amos Yee

Post by x9200 » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 10:53 am

Yes, she tries very hard. She always did.
Some of the artists and "artists" are better to be listen to rather than watched.

What reminds me: if half naked Miley Cyrus licks a sledge hammer - they would call it an art; if I do the same in a DIY store - they would call police. Strange world.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: Amos Yee

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 11:29 am

x9200 wrote: What reminds me: if half naked Miley Cyrus licks a sledge hammer - they would call it an art; if I do the same in a DIY store - they would call police. Strange world.
Image Image Image Image

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:01 pm

Re: Amos Yee

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 12:20 pm

Hers, is an act of talent
Yours, is an act of terror
Big difference
:P


Hey, that kindof rhymes, my inner poet coming out again.
Last edited by earthfriendly on Sat, 09 Jan 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9916
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Amos Yee

Post by x9200 » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 12:37 pm

How do you know? You never watched me. At least I've seen some pictures of MC and am pretty sure your assignment is very wrong.

Post Reply

Return to “Strictly Speaking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests