Singapore Expats

EP Application Processing in December

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
adriyunus.daniel

EP Application Processing in December

Post by adriyunus.daniel » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 11:37 am

Hi All,

My future employer submitted my EP application on 8 Dec 2015. The first 2 days, the status showed "Pending", then the day after it showed "Pending inputs from vetting agencies".

Today is exactly 2 weeks already, but the status still remain same. My future company HR tried to chase up MOM for this case, but they said just can wait.

Why do they take so long to process my EP Application?

Last year around same dates, my current company renewed my EP, but it took only 1 week to be approved.

I need to start in the new company on 4th Jan. Now being anxious if my EP will be approved by then.

I also applied PR for me and my wife and it's still pending after 6 months. Just wandering if ICA can grant my PR soon.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP Application Processing in December

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 2:01 pm

As there have been so many cases of fradulent documents given to MOM in the past couple of years, they are no longer giving the EP/S passes and vetting as and when. Now, thanks to your countrymen who came before you, they have soured the pot for all who follow. Now, all documents/claims will be vetted before the issuance of the EP/S pass and woe to the applicant who applied with bogus docs. The problem is, many country's are notoriously slow in verifying degrees, etc. Some schools may not even be digitized yet, so it entailed laborious hunting through hard copy documents that are possibly many years old. This does create a problem for employers who often cannot wait and subsequently you lose the position to someone else.

Are you currently working? If not, have you updated ICA as required by law to inform them if there are any changes to your PR application? If you change jobs you are also required to notify ICA regarding your PR application.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

adriyunus.daniel

Post by adriyunus.daniel » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 4:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As there have been so many cases of fradulent documents given to MOM in the past couple of years, they are no longer giving the EP/S passes and vetting as and when. Now, thanks to your countrymen who came before you, they have soured the pot for all who follow. Now, all documents/claims will be vetted before the issuance of the EP/S pass and woe to the applicant who applied with bogus docs. The problem is, many country's are notoriously slow in verifying degrees, etc. Some schools may not even be digitized yet, so it entailed laborious hunting through hard copy documents that are possibly many years old. This does create a problem for employers who often cannot wait and subsequently you lose the position to someone else.

Are you currently working? If not, have you updated ICA as required by law to inform them if there are any changes to your PR application? If you change jobs you are also required to notify ICA regarding your PR application.
Hi,
Normally when my current company renewed my EP last time, it took only 7 working days, even though it always went through Vetting Agencies for doc verification, not sure why this time take very long time.
I'm currently working, but I will only start working in the future employer on 4Jan, also waiting my EP getting approved. So by then only I will inform ICA about the job change.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 4:40 pm

Criteria is getting stricter.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hendra_ahg

Post by hendra_ahg » Wed, 23 Dec 2015 1:37 pm

You worried too much. Your countrymen already share you their experience with the pending status in other forum. Believe me, 3 weeks is normal.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Dec 2015 1:45 pm

Didn't get the answer he wants, that all. :roll:

adriyunus.daniel

Post by adriyunus.daniel » Mon, 28 Dec 2015 11:21 am

Guys, my EP was approved already on 26-Dec as my Christmas gift. :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: EP Application Processing in December

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 28 Dec 2015 4:10 pm

adriyunus.daniel wrote:Guys, my EP was approved already on 26-Dec as my Christmas gift. :)
Great.

For 2 years ?

hendra_ahg

Post by hendra_ahg » Mon, 28 Dec 2015 4:47 pm

See, waiting patiently is all u need to do

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Dec 2015 5:24 pm

^^ This. Is. What. We. All. Say. But. They insist anyway, as if it will speed anything up.

adriyunus.daniel

Re: RE: Re: EP Application Processing in December

Post by adriyunus.daniel » Mon, 28 Dec 2015 5:32 pm

ecureilx wrote:
adriyunus.daniel wrote:Guys, my EP was approved already on 26-Dec as my Christmas gift. :)
Great.

For 2 years ?

Yes, for 2 years.