Singapore Expats

EP Application - Incorrect Job Title

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

EP Application - Incorrect Job Title

Post by martincymru » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 4:09 pm

Curious situation occurred today.

Facts:
I have existing EP.

Events:
Dec 11 - signed new Contract with new Employer Start date " Dec 14 "
Dec 14 ( 8am ) - EP Approved.
Dec 14 ( 8.30am ) started "work".
Dec 14 ( 10am ) new employer "Problem, our Agent stated wrongly "Project Manager" on EP Application Form. Should have read "Contracts Manager". Agent admitted mistake. ( Note the employment Contract had job title as "Project Contracts Manager" ).
I was told to stop work / go home immediately.

Dec 14 ( 11am ) The Agent has withdrawn the EP Application and says will apply new one tomorrow with correct job title !

Can you foresee any problems with this bizarre situation ?

Can I claim salary for today (and next few days) since I am wholly innocent ? Said claim being despite my amended Contract having a later date ( i.e. when the new EP Approval letter is received and I start "work" ).

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP Application - Incorrect Job Title

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 6:11 pm

For today, I would think yes. Until the new pass is given, I think not as you do not have a valid EP. Without which, you are not allowed to work unless you have the AIP giving you permission to work until the EP is acually issued. Really doesn't matter whether you are 'innocent' or not. All that matter is if you have a valid EP in hand.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers