Singapore Expats

SPASS TO EP, CHANCES FOR SPR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lilo5

SPASS TO EP, CHANCES FOR SPR?

Post by lilo5 » Sun, 13 Dec 2015 11:28 pm

Hi all,

I have been following this forum for quite some time. appreciate if any of you can help me answer my questions.

Background:
Indonesian Chinese, female, 28 years old, degree in arts.
Been working in Singapore for 5 years with SPass.
Paid tax for 4 years (3 tax notice assessment).
Applied SPR 3 times (July '12, May '14, March '15), all rejected, i suspect due to my basic salary ($2,600).

This month I found a new job and was granted EP, basic salary almost double up from my previous number.
Do I need to wait for 1 year to reapply for SPR or can I apply 2-3 months after I got my EP?
And hows the chances for approval this time round (4th time already)?

Thank you guys!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: SPASS TO EP, CHANCES FOR SPR?

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:42 am

lilo5 wrote:Hi all,

I have been following this forum for quite some time. appreciate if any of you can help me answer my questions.

Background:
Indonesian Chinese, female, 28 years old, degree in arts.
Been working in Singapore for 5 years with SPass.
Paid tax for 4 years (3 tax notice assessment).
Applied SPR 3 times (July '12, May '14, March '15), all rejected, i suspect due to my basic salary ($2,600).

This month I found a new job and was granted EP, basic salary almost double up from my previous number.
Do I need to wait for 1 year to reapply for SPR or can I apply 2-3 months after I got my EP?
And hows the chances for approval this time round (4th time already)?

Thank you guys!!
If you can apply with 6 months pay slip, it would be better, says me, than applying in 2 or 3 months.

PS, the earliest appointment I saw for PR is sometime next July. If you discount cancellations.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: SPASS TO EP, CHANCES FOR SPR?

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:48 am

I agree. Your hypothesis seems reasonable. ICA asks for tax records and pay slips when you apply for PR, so ideally you would have at least one new Notice of Assessment from IRAS that includes your new salary level and six pay slips reflecting your new salary. Without that information ICA would only really know that you now have an Employment Pass, meaning a fixed monthly salary of S$3,300 or more. You're doing substantially better than the EP minimum now, and I think it would be to your advantage if ICA knew that.

If you're just starting now (December, 2015) at the new salary level then you'll have six new pay slips in hand sometime around July, 2016. The Notice of Assessment fully reflecting your new pay level would probably be available around April, 2017 (i.e. 2016's income).

lilo5

Post by lilo5 » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 2:10 pm

hi ecureilx and bbcwatcher, thank you for the feedback :)
I already made an appointment in April, so most probably I will have 4 salary slip from my new company and 2 salary from my old company, there is tremendous different from both slips. and the new company also willing to fill up 4A form which I am super grateful!
I am not sure how big is the chances this time since this is my 4th application.

hendra_ahg

Post by hendra_ahg » Tue, 15 Dec 2015 2:57 pm

Just to give u insight of the chances... my self, and 3 other of my friends. We are indonesian chinese. Applying for pr and got it approved in 4 months time. I believe your chance quite high.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Dec 2015 4:39 pm

Just to add a counterpoint to the above, we had another Indonesian Chinese on here recently (last couple of months) who has been rejected several times already and all of his kaki's who went to school here together, same education, employer, etc. comparable salaries but they already received their PR's. Most everything else was similar (all were Indonesian Chinese as well). However this applicant waited a year and then applied. Rejected. Who can say. You buys your ticket and takes your chances.

Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers