Singapore Expats Forum

regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
robotthow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Dec 2015

regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby robotthow » Sun, 13 Dec 2015 4:24 pm

Hi, all. I just received the PR in-principle approval (IPA) letter. Currently, I am staying in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Therefore, I travel in and out of Singapore every day to work.

I have some question regarding the completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card:
1) Should I submit my Employment Pass and Passport during the completion of PR formalities?
If yes, how long can I retrieve my Employment Pass and Passport?
2) When should I submit the application forms for Re-entry Permit (REP) and Registration of Identity Card? Are they submitted together with the completion of PR completion? How long does it take for me to collect the Re-Entry Permit and Identity Card?

peaceful
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2014

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby peaceful » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 12:05 pm

Hi, congrats! Mind to share your qualification and processing time?

Hope it help based on my experience which I just granted PR last year Sep.

you will need to make appointment online within 2 months after received IPA letter.

1) You will need to present your original EP and passport during the completion of PR formalities and no need to submit the original documents. I cant remember if need the photocopy Pls read through the IPA letter.

2) All the doc required stated clearly in the IPA letter. All you can done during completion of PR formalities. Re-Entry Permit can be collected immediately after payment made. IC can be collected after 1-2 weeks time if you choose to collect at Singpost office with admin fees required. If you op to collect from ICA without admin fees but you need to make appointment online and will need to wait for available slot.

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2233
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby Barnsley » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 2:16 pm

robotthow wrote:Hi, all. I just received the PR in-principle approval (IPA) letter. Currently, I am staying in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Therefore, I travel in and out of Singapore every day to work.

I have some question regarding the completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card:
1) Should I submit my Employment Pass and Passport during the completion of PR formalities?
If yes, how long can I retrieve my Employment Pass and Passport?
2) When should I submit the application forms for Re-entry Permit (REP) and Registration of Identity Card? Are they submitted together with the completion of PR completion? How long does it take for me to collect the Re-Entry Permit and Identity Card?


You got PR yet dont live here?

Who's address did you use on the application?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34789
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 2:43 pm

Hey Barnsley, you forgot Saint? Remember, he got his PR while still in the UK. ;-)

Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby Siv » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 2:57 pm

Wait.....wha....how does one get a PR when one does not even live in Singapore ??

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 3:00 pm

Siv wrote:Wait.....wha....how does one get a PR when one does not even live in Singapore ??


In exceptional cases, that happens. But that doesn't happen often !!! So knowing about it won't help, unless you are an 'exceptional' case, for ICA.

And I am not talking of investor schemes here ;)

Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby Siv » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 3:13 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Siv wrote:Wait.....wha....how does one get a PR when one does not even live in Singapore ??


In exceptional cases, that happens. But that doesn't happen often !!! So knowing about it won't help, unless you are an 'exceptional' case, for ICA.

And I am not talking of investor schemes here ;)


Exceptional cases eh, wow that's very interesting. I live in JB and work in Singapore and travel in and out daily, and I would not even bother applying for PR because I just can't wrap my head around any reason why would Singapore even bother consider my application :D

Maybe unless I am a world renowned bio-physicist or nuclear scientist maybe....haha

robotthow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Dec 2015

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby robotthow » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 3:37 pm

Barnsley wrote:
robotthow wrote:Hi, all. I just received the PR in-principle approval (IPA) letter. Currently, I am staying in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Therefore, I travel in and out of Singapore every day to work.

I have some question regarding the completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card:
1) Should I submit my Employment Pass and Passport during the completion of PR formalities?
If yes, how long can I retrieve my Employment Pass and Passport?
2) When should I submit the application forms for Re-entry Permit (REP) and Registration of Identity Card? Are they submitted together with the completion of PR completion? How long does it take for me to collect the Re-Entry Permit and Identity Card?


You got PR yet dont live here?

Who's address did you use on the application?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I never put my Singapore residential address. I only put the my company address as mailing address in Singapore

robotthow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Dec 2015

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby robotthow » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 3:37 pm

peaceful wrote:Hi, congrats! Mind to share your qualification and processing time?

Hope it help based on my experience which I just granted PR last year Sep.

you will need to make appointment online within 2 months after received IPA letter.

1) You will need to present your original EP and passport during the completion of PR formalities and no need to submit the original documents. I cant remember if need the photocopy Pls read through the IPA letter.

2) All the doc required stated clearly in the IPA letter. All you can done during completion of PR formalities. Re-Entry Permit can be collected immediately after payment made. IC can be collected after 1-2 weeks time if you choose to collect at Singpost office with admin fees required. If you op to collect from ICA without admin fees but you need to make appointment online and will need to wait for available slot.


Thank you for your sharing ~

I graduated from NUS with the degree of Chemical Engineering and work in a US MNC company as engineer for 2 years. I stayed in Singapore when I was studying in NUS for 4 years. After that, I moved back to JB.

The processing time is about 5 months
Last edited by robotthow on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby Siv » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 3:43 pm

robotthow wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
robotthow wrote:Hi, all. I just received the PR in-principle approval (IPA) letter. Currently, I am staying in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Therefore, I travel in and out of Singapore every day to work.

I have some question regarding the completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card:
1) Should I submit my Employment Pass and Passport during the completion of PR formalities?
If yes, how long can I retrieve my Employment Pass and Passport?
2) When should I submit the application forms for Re-entry Permit (REP) and Registration of Identity Card? Are they submitted together with the completion of PR completion? How long does it take for me to collect the Re-Entry Permit and Identity Card?


You got PR yet dont live here?

Who's address did you use on the application?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I never put my Singapore residential address. I only put the my company address as mailing address in Singapore


Cool. Hey tell us a little more about yourself robotthow....how many years working SG, etc.....

Cheers

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 4:20 pm

Siv wrote:Exceptional cases eh, wow that's very interesting. I live in JB and work in Singapore and travel in and out daily, and I would not even bother applying for PR because I just can't wrap my head around any reason why would Singapore even bother consider my application :D

Maybe unless I am a world renowned bio-physicist or nuclear scientist maybe....haha


Bio physicist ? Maybe .. nuclear ... unlikely

But in all seriousness you never know who ICA wants, even if they are spending more time outside Singapore.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 4:21 pm

Siv wrote:Cool. Hey tell us a little more about yourself robotthow....how many years working SG, etc.....

Cheers


I think he just did, above your reply.

hendra_ahg
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 23 Nov 2008

Re: regarding the Completion of PR formalities, Re-entry Permit and Registration of Identity Card

Postby hendra_ahg » Tue, 15 Dec 2015 5:04 pm

When you come to ica for appointment of completion formalities, here they will take your ep/spass/wp in exchange icangive you printout of rep. After that u can book another appointment for ic collection. Oh. Your back of passport will be stamped too.. the officer told me u can go out of singapore by showing the rep letter and passport. Cmiiw


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests