Singapore Expats

I do not response to silly questions or are you trying to F*CK with my head

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

I do not response to silly questions or are you trying to F*CK with my head

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 13 Dec 2015 5:31 am

I am being inundated with PMs for several months now but because I forgot my login until recently am I able to read . This chap is one of them as per his PMs below has been contacting me like others for advise. I did response and gave him tp my best knowledge.
I think you are not what you are and I am calling you out. Do not F*CK with my head as I have enough of these bullsh*t
For those that tried to do this via PMs, I WILL NOT RESPONSE. GET THE F*CK out of here .I am sick of this
You want answer go out in the open and other posters maybe myself if I am around will response
If the MODS think I am being over board so be it . Ban me .
I am sick of peeps coming to me via PMs as though I owed you a worldly debt that I need to shine the biggest spotlight for you to go through

Hi MS,

I have the document of renounciation accepted from ICA> But from Mindef, I received a letter from them long time ago saying that they know about me renouncing citizenship through ICA, but I am classified as defaulter, and asking me to contact them.

From your expertise, should I contact them? And what will be the most likely outcome?

Thank you very much!
Re: NS Defaulter?

Quote Mad Scientist

Sent: 00000
by Mad Scientist
If you have been given the all clear.i.e renounciation accepted from ICA and no NS liabilities Mindef, there is no need to worry about visiting Singapore.

You will be treated like any other tourist on social visit

Quote lyoelee

by lyoelee
Thanks MS. Sorry for being unclear.

I am born in HK. My parents emigrated to HK when I was 3, so I followed along.

So my place of birth is definitely going to be HK.

Let me put some details in point form for easy digestion:

Place of birth: HK

Singapore Citizenship: Yes. Followed parents over to SG since 3 years old. Studied till secondary school grad

Studied overseas later on

Renounced citizenship at 21

Subsequently received letter from Mindef.

Under these circumstances, will changing name on my HK passport be different then?

Thanks a lot!

Quote Mad Scientist

by Mad Scientist
Do not try your luck

You can change your name or whatever but your Place of birth will remain as Singapore and will chime when the border control officer do a screen check

You roll the dice , you take your chance

I for one do not count on being lucky

Quote lyoelee

by lyoelee
Thanks MS.

Have you heard anyone who went back and came out of SG safely? I just wanna go back for visits, nothing more.

Also, what if I change my official names. Do you know if changing official passport (my oversea passport name) could eliminate these concerns?

Thanks a lot again!

Quote Mad Scientist

by Mad Scientist

lyoelee wrote:
Hi MS,

I am born in HK. My parents migrated to SG when I was 3, and naturally I followed them. Then, my whole family moved back to HK when I was 14, but I stayed in SG to complete O levels (age 16) then move back to HK (and went on to U.S to study)

During my days in U.S., my dad would tell me at age 21, I need to come back HK and renounce my SG citizen, which I did. Then, I received a letter from MINDEF saying I might be a defaulter, but that was when I am in the U.S. and my dad didn't took any actions.

Now, I am 27, and back in HK. I am wondering whether I can still visit Singapore?

Thanks a lot!!!!

short answer, See how lucky you are and play the Russian Roullette
NS Defaulter?

Quote lyoelee

by lyoelee
Hi MS,

I am born in HK. My parents migrated to SG when I was 3, and naturally I followed them. Then, my whole family moved back to HK when I was 14, but I stayed in SG to complete O levels (age 16) then move back to HK (and went on to U.S to study)

During my days in U.S., my dad would tell me at age 21, I need to come back HK and renounce my SG citizen, which I did. Then, I received a letter from MINDEF saying I might be a defaulter, but that was when I am in the U.S. and my dad didn't took any actions.

Now, I am 27, and back in HK. I am wondering whether I can still visit Singapore?

Thanks a lot!!!!

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: I do not response to silly questions or are you trying to F*CK with my head

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:30 pm

I think MS you're right to call this out and to refuse to respond to PM's on this topic. I have wondered before whether you might be subject to entrapment attempts (particularly with regards to the OSA etc). I generally refuse now to answer PM's on the topics of adoption, US SS and a few others where people have seen I may have an insight.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 16 Dec 2015 6:23 pm

PNGMK

I know where you are coming from
I bent backwards to help others in need but never once I coerce , imply or point others to do something stupid or illegal in the eyes of the law
I present them with options and everything has to be done above board and you play within the rules.
I just make it simpler for ordinary folks to understand.
In the internet world everything is not what it seems. The facts and guidelines are all there but you have to dig it out from the closet and deduce it yourself
So happen that I have navigated myself for my boys from all the minefield that has been laid and we are on the other side of the bridge
I never encourage nor discourage about NS liabilities but if one wants to avoid it has to be on their terms . I am an ex military man and has served my former country proudly hence there are good benefits in doing NS.
There is never a short cut thing and this is a One Way Street with serious implication of the child's future
Some parent that has managed to get renunciation and forgo their birth nationality was made to pay dearly as the child cannot fit into the new adopted country. The child wants to return back but the door was shut with a point of no return
Some who skip or ignored the liabilities are left in a quandary as this hangs over their child's future like a sore thumb
I know the guidelines from backwards and if someone comes to me like this chap, it does not make sense. I sensed something is amiss and I am trained in this and I know how this game is played
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 17 Dec 2015 11:16 am

"lyoelee" is probably just an ignorant Joe caught out by his parents poor handling of his NS obligations (as a child). However better to be safe and not provide him directions or encouragement to engage in legally risky behavior.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!