Singapore Expats

acne and dry skin

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
cassandrav

Re: acne and dry skin

Post by cassandrav » Mon, 09 Jan 2017 4:54 pm

Apply moisturizer with aleovera content to get rid of dry skin. Eat fruits, avoid processed or junk food to lessen acne effect.

chuainnchong

Post by chuainnchong » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:11 am

Jessimill wrote:My face is a good place to grow acne. Now it's almost gone because of the tetralysal 300 mg treatment I had to take for 3 months. I also used AHA skincare (drops on my face and don't have to rince). However, because I use those everyday from a long while, my skin is really sensitive now, my usual sunscreen burns my skin and my daily moisturizer became useless. If you were me, what would you do? Should I go to the dermatologist?

You have to take care of your skin from the inside. Usually the medication prescribed by the dermatologist has lots of side effect and it's not good for our body in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VeronicaWhite2017

Post by VeronicaWhite2017 » Thu, 16 Mar 2017 5:25 pm

chuainnchong wrote:
Jessimill wrote:My face is a good place to grow acne. Now it's almost gone because of the tetralysal 300 mg treatment I had to take for 3 months. I also used AHA skincare (drops on my face and don't have to rince). However, because I use those everyday from a long while, my skin is really sensitive now, my usual sunscreen burns my skin and my daily moisturizer became useless. If you were me, what would you do? Should I go to the dermatologist?

You have to take care of your skin from the inside. Usually the medication prescribed by the dermatologist has lots of side effect and it's not good for our body in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree more. Too much medication can actually kills our body. I read about a recent study on a new discovery using a technology called deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator which has been found to help people who suffer from a poor skin condition whereby the treatment can be done at home by the patient himself. It sounds too good to be true but somehow it has many good reviews in its website.

hello joseph

Post by hello joseph » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 7:04 pm

Vinegar can help kill pathogens, including bacteria.
It has traditionally been used for cleaning and disinfecting too.
However, many of these applications have currently not been confirmed by research but you may try....

rony albert

Post by rony albert » Wed, 12 Apr 2017 7:25 am

hello joseph wrote:Vinegar can help kill pathogens, including bacteria.
It has traditionally been used for cleaning and disinfecting too.
However, many of these applications have currently not been confirmed by research but you may try....
I would endorse you statement because health authorities like FDA have not yet approved them as a licensed remedy!
HematomaDiseases

Crab72

Post by Crab72 » Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:14 am

I think you definitely need to show yourselt to doctor. also, it's necessary to buy only qualitive and natural (ideally) sunscreens with max spf. I have very white skin and try to protect my face from sun as much as possible, that's why I prefer sunscreens for kids, they have maximum spf, I use 45. here is a discount I have found online, look there, it's mine, you can use it if you want. also, take some vitamins, like D, E and A to moisture the skin. and from acne the very variant is calendula, I clean my face every evening with it.
Last edited by Crab72 on Thu, 04 May 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mila Smith

Post by Mila Smith » Wed, 19 Apr 2017 6:43 pm

hi, have you tried tea tree oil for acne? Probably in your case if you have sensitive skin you should start from tea tree oil mixed with water 1/2. And change your cream brand, both sunscreen and moisturiser, it's obvious that your skin protests against old ones. Take care :)
Life is short, paddle harder!

Joy65

Post by Joy65 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 7:56 pm

Maybe you could try a simple skincare routine.
Sweet almond oil (paraben free) works great for me.
It is much cheaper via iHerb than in local stores.

You could use code HIN5488 to get 5% off all orders.
(Administrators, please delete post if the code could not be shared)

Rajalwasl

Post by Rajalwasl » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 8:42 pm

Apply this one take 1-2 drops tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon olive oil or jojoba oil. Mix the essential oil in the carrier oil. Apply a drop or two of the above-created oil mix on the affected area and leave it on.

Joy65

Post by Joy65 » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:05 pm

Tea tree oil is a good suggestion.
I read that tea tree essential oil could be used undiluted, but personally do not recommend it.
Perhaps try over-the-counter/ drugstore ready mixed formulas to avoid 'burning' your skin.

community@lithan

Post by community@lithan » Thu, 11 May 2017 10:58 am

i think u won't go wrong with natural products e.g. innis free stuff

candice86

Post by candice86 » Thu, 18 May 2017 11:21 pm

I been battling with pimples and dry skin for quite some time already, been trying all kinds of aesthetic clinics, even went to TCM clinic, and also tried facials, but it just doesn't work to fully recover my skin. On and off I might have outbreaks again. Till when my facial therapist personally introduced me to a product which they did the R&D in Taiwan, and people that tried it has wonderful results. You can try to search for TST Tin's secret products. Cheers! :)

terralovina

Post by terralovina » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 2:02 pm

When it relates to acne, I do think it is better to seek dermatologist help. Reason is that the longer you wait, the longer the acne problem will persist, and the more acne scars you will have. Once acne scars formed, it is quite hard (and expensive) to get rid of them.

terralovina

Post by terralovina » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 2:05 pm

candice86 wrote:I been battling with pimples and dry skin for quite some time already, been trying all kinds of aesthetic clinics, even went to TCM clinic, and also tried facials, but it just doesn't work to fully recover my skin. On and off I might have outbreaks again. Till when my facial therapist personally introduced me to a product which they did the R&D in Taiwan, and people that tried it has wonderful results. You can try to search for TST Tin's secret products. Cheers! :)
I went to TCM cos I thought if I could get rid of my acne naturally, why not right. But TCM alone did not work for me either =/ I agree that we do have to look for other products/skin treatment to go with TCM in order to achieve best result.

JemmaJ

Post by JemmaJ » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 4:26 pm

I have been visiting the same facial boutique for 2 years now. After spending the past 7 years abroad in colder weather, my skin took a turn for the worse when i returned. On normal days, my skin is red and blotchy and my pores enlarged. At worse, it becomes dry and sensitive and my makeup just clumps because of all the breaking skin. After visiting this facial boutique my skin managed to return to how it used to be. You can google J Studios, they have alot of great reviews if it helps.

:D